Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

260,000 CITY FANS / SO NOW WILL THE MISSING THOUSANDS RETURN

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 pm

" 260,000 City Fans " So Now will the missing thousands return/Surely Now No more excuses?

And now even Cardiff City boss Russell Slade tells fans 'I believe' as he urges them to return and support team's play-off push

Cardiff fans have got everything they've asked for or moaned about.

We got our Identity back BLUE :bluescarf:
We got rid of Tans despicable badge and our Bluebird is now prominent :bluebird:
Our Debt has finally come down dramatically :ayatollah:
Admission prices have come down and some of the Cheapest Season tickets in the Championship go on sale from this Tuesday St Davids Day March 1st 2016.
Kids under 16 £49,Students £99 and Adult season tickets reduced. :ayatollah:

And guess what, Virtually our best home record for 13 years and undefeated at home for 13 League Games and even better the quality of football has also improved game by game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cardiff City's home league form: WWDWDDWDWDDWW

So we have 260,000 Cardiff Fans on our data base.

A population over a million people with in 40 mins of the Cardiff City Stadium.

For me,there is not one excuse left for the moaners or glory hunters to give for saying why they don't turn up and watch the Capitol City of Wales team " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB " :bluebird: :bluebird:

NO EXCUSES, CARDIFF CITY SHOULD AND DESERVE 20,000 PLUS CROWDS STARTING WITH LEEDS UNITED HOME 8TH MARCH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 260,000 CITY FANS / SO NOW WILL THE MISSING THOUSANDS RE

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 pm

No excuses left really but I'm sure some will still find a reason to stay away - seats too hard, weather too cold, hot dogs too small, ball too round etc.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:No excuses left really but I'm sure some will still find a reason to stay away - seats too hard, weather too cold, hot dogs too small, ball too round etc.

For me then they are not a Cardiff City Fan and Liverpool/Man United can have them.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm

This team deserves better crowds full stop.They also deserve more backing from the fans who are attending at present.It must be awful for them playing at home with hardly any vocal backing coming from the stands.Yesterday when preston scored, we should have roared them home to the final whistle but instead people were saying "here we go again,2-0 up and f*cking it up".Load of waxwork dummies most of our fans have become!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:22 pm

This team deserves better crowds full stop.They also deserve more backing from the fans who are attending at present.It must be awful for them playing at home with hardly any vocal backing coming from the stands.Yesterday when preston scored, we should have roared them home to the final whistle but instead people were saying "here we go again,2-0 up and f*cking it up".Load of waxwork dummies most of our fans have become!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 pm

sir ninian wrote:This team deserves better crowds full stop.They also deserve more backing from the fans who are attending at present.It must be awful for them playing at home with hardly any vocal backing coming from the stands.Yesterday when preston scored, we should have roared them home to the final whistle but instead people were saying "here we go again,2-0 up and f*cking it up".Load of waxwork dummies most of our fans have become!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Most fans would say the best atmosphere ever at CCS was the Man. City game.

Don't get me wrong it was a brilliant day but my favourite was the Leicester City game where we won 2=1 after Gabor Gyepes was sent off and Paul Quinn moved from full-back to centre-back.

The way we cheered the team home was tremendous and reminded you of Ninian Park at its best.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Do you think one or two of them on the database might not be around anymore?
That's a pretty good excuse lol.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Llanishen_Blue wrote:Do you think one or two of them on the database might not be around anymore?

A fair point, but how many realistically out of 260,000???? :? :shock:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Llanishen_Blue wrote:Do you think one or two of them on the database might not be around anymore?

Fair point, but we also have new fans that have been added in the last 2 years :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm

You can guarantee that a few more wins and play offs beckoning, these fans will start appearing especially if it means a chance of final tickets

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
sir ninian wrote:This team deserves better crowds full stop.They also deserve more backing from the fans who are attending at present.It must be awful for them playing at home with hardly any vocal backing coming from the stands.Yesterday when preston scored, we should have roared them home to the final whistle but instead people were saying "here we go again,2-0 up and f*cking it up".Load of waxwork dummies most of our fans have become!! :bluebird: :bluebird:

Don't get me wrong it was a brilliant day but my favourite was the Leicester City game where we won 2=1 after Gabor Gyepes was sent off and Paul Quinn moved from full-back to centre-back.

The way we cheered the team home was tremendous and reminded you of Ninian Park at its best.

Yes you are spot on, and that is exactly what we need to do now, get behind the team regardless, other teams do it and so should we. :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:44 pm

Without a doubt that night was something else and best I heard for years :thumbup:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:No excuses left really but I'm sure some will still find a reason to stay away - seats too hard, weather too cold, hot dogs too small, ball too round etc.

For me then they are not a Cardiff City Fan and Liverpool/Man United can have them.

We have done this a million times, it's split - we have like other clubs your floater and we have a lot of them, they come when we are top 6 or they have nothing else to do weather perfect and we play a bigger championship club. That's up to them, to some it doesn't cut as deep as you and I. It used to wind me up, now I accept it.

We still have many who left with the circus act and are only now slowly returning, the fell out of love but I know loads returning next year which is good news and the cheap ST playing a big part.

Leeds will be our biggest gate of the season. :thumbup:

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:11 pm

I'm really enjoying this season - the most I've enjoyed it for a while.

Going to Bristol on Sat and I can't wait. Understand why many have fallen out of love with it but I'm having a good time again.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:14 pm

Halifax93 wrote:I'm really enjoying this season - the most I've enjoyed it for a while.

Going to Bristol on Sat and I can't wait. Understand why many have fallen out of love with it but I'm having a good time again.

The love is returning :thumbup:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:03 am

Loved that game. If you remember it wasn't just 10 men. Burkey had done his hamstring about 10 mins from end and could hardly walk so we really only had 9 as no more subs. Cracking battle that one and atmosphere electric.

Noticed a lot more positivity around the club itself in the last month and this can only help crowds. There has been so much negativity over last 2/3 years that the non commited fan has just drifted away as all they have heard is what a mess we are. Hopefully with Tan reducing debt, results improving, reasonable pricing and an excellent idea in getting kids into ground the fans will return. I had free vouchers for the kids in my school last week and all the ones I have seen or spoken to who went defo want to return, the next time paying.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 am

im quite happy with the 15500 we had on saturday..real fans that are there for the love of our team..not premier league hunters which were there to watch man utd etc..ninian park always looked full with 15000 hence the better atmosphere,,this stadium is a premier stadium and needs a premier team to fill it, thats why theres a lack of atmosphere..just like milton keynes or coventry city. A lot of fans dreamed about the premiership, i did for years, but it was ruined for me , with all that negativity, shite red kit..it just wasnt the cardiff city i grew up supporting..now i think its improving, and hopefully if we get there again, we will go there united and with a big enough stadium so that all die hard fans can watch the games , not just the premier fans.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:30 am

Loads of older Cardiff fans that I know just ain't interested no more they would rather go for a good pissup instead quite sad really

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:06 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:Loads of older Cardiff fans that I know just ain't interested no more they would rather go for a good pissup instead quite sad really

Each to their own but for me I will die a bluebird. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Loads of older Cardiff fans that I know just ain't interested no more they would rather go for a good pissup instead quite sad really

same here only one club for me :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:43 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I agree completely, but I won't be coming back on a regular basis. My two sons play football for a local Amateur League team on a Saturday afternoon. I'd much rather watch them than go to see the Bluebirds. Any parent who disagrees would be a bit of a strange person imo.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:31 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

I agree completely, but I won't be coming back on a regular basis. My two sons play football for a local Amateur League team on a Saturday afternoon. I'd much rather watch them than go to see the Bluebirds. Any parent who disagrees would be a bit of a strange person imo.
cant fault you :thumbup: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:36 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

100% with you on that,family would come first without a doubt :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm seeing a lot of comments about this. Still slating the club! Tan is this, tan is that!!
WHAT ELSE can the club do, to get "fans" back?! NOTHING. They clearly aren't true fans.
Both my boys (7+13) love going to games. They don't support any prem teams. They only follow our local team.
There choice not mine. Although they do follow me. When a club is you passion then you always support them.

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:27 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Absolutely. Kids always come first. I'm lucky atm that mine is young and plays early.