Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

reality check

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:21 am

forget the 4th place finish and play off final last season we came with in a whisper of being liquidated , no adim , no points deduction we were almost gone completly yet now we are dissapointed that we have not signed Craig Bellamy on 20k a week !!

Yes TG has come in and saved us but we cant and should not expect miracles overnight apart from the miracle that the only player to date we have lost is Ledley by rights we should have had a fire sale weeks ago, we have had to sell big players every year but have always come back stronger if we loose Whitts, chops etc then so be it things cannot get better overnight we are in a bad way financialy and may have to take two steps back to go one forward, as mentioned the malyasians only have a 30% stake they are not stupid and will not throw money where the other 70% cant or wont this needs time to sort out

As for Gethin Jenkins / Riddler / Sam

GJ - give him a chance he must have something to offer even its on the admin side getting rid of the 3 out 4 club shop managers, stadium contracts whatever he his new to the role and the malaysians are new to football club ownership lets just wait and see how it pans out

PR - from an outside point of view i can understand the malaysians using him short term until the above his sorted out he his willing and has spent decades in football has contacts & knows how things work (personally i hate the fella)

Sam - yes he could do what PR is doing above but PR has severed his ties with the club so to speak the Sam situation is a little more complicated and any involvement Sam could possibly have would come after some heavy negotiations. lets be honest if Sam was given a 1% stake in the club and a job as an office cleaner he would be going round the place in a whirlwind causing media frenzy and acting like he owns the place and everbody else was working for him - you wouldn't expect anything less thats the way he is why we choose to love (or hate) him

as for the siniping if you dont like it why cross post like so many do, ok I understand sticking up for yourself / friends but if your points are just going to be ignored and make do difference to people you are just falling into the trap and lowering to their standards

On sunday the 8th of August a team of 11 players will walk out onto the pitch wearing blue who will be in that 11 is anybodys guess but until that moment a lot is going to happen lets just wait and see because at 12.35 on that day we will all know exactly what we can hope for and we will all be there whatever happens between now and then ( apart from me as I will be watching it in a bar in salou)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: