Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' WE HAVE CALLED FOR IT FOR SOME TIME '

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:05 pm

' WE HAVE CALLED FOR IT FOR SOME TIME AND NOW WE ARE BECOMING CONSISTENT '

Another superb result for City again today. :bluescarf:

All season I, along with others, have been banging on about consistency and it has not been something City have managed to do, until now!

We have entered the final third of the season and we are finally becoming consistent.

Not that long ago we were bemoaning the fact that City were only playing ok for forty five minutes and we were inconsistent during games let alone over a run of games.

Now we are putting in ninety minute performances and consistently doing it.

Players such as Pilkington, O'Keefe, Immers are playing at the top of their games and others are becoming more consistent with their performances too.

The work rate of the team has improved massively and you can see the amount of coaching that has gone into the team, with the pressing of the ball when we have conceded possession.

We are playing a totally flat back four and the same in midfield when we are not in possession but when we break, our wingers are quick to join the attack to push four up top, as a result we are getting more opportunities up front and we are definitely creating more.

Russell Slade has got the team playing with more confidence and I hope that fans can give the manager credit for the recent results and change in fortunes.

Away on Tuesday we sang the managers name but as much as a couple of us tried today, others were reluctant to join in.

We are so close to achieving what most thought was impossible with Russell Slade and why not, as fans, go all out in the remaining twelve games and support the manager and get some old fashioned support for him and his team until the end of season?

We are not going down and just three points from the play offs, let's get behind them all and get to the CCS and you never know we could just be that one team that enters the play offs at the end of the season and be that team with the ascendancy to go all the way.

Re: ' WE HAVE CALLED FOR IT FOR SOME TIME '

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Great post Carl. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Good shout :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:' WE HAVE CALLED FOR IT FOR SOME TIME AND NOW WE ARE BECOMING CONSISTENT '

Another superb result for City again today. :bluescarf:

All season I, along with others, have been banging on about consistency and it has not been something City have managed to do, until now!

We have entered the final third of the season and we are finally becoming consistent.

Not that long ago we were bemoaning the fact that City were only playing ok for forty five minutes and we were inconsistent during games let alone over a run of games.

Now we are putting in ninety minute performances and consistently doing it.

Players such as Pilkington, O'Keefe, Immers are playing at the top of their games and others are becoming more consistent with their performances too.

The work rate of the team has improved massively and you can see the amount of coaching that has gone into the team, with the pressing of the ball when we have conceded possession.

We are playing a totally flat back four and the same in midfield when we are not in possession but when we break, our wingers are quick to join the attack to push four up top, as a result we are getting more opportunities up front and we are definitely creating more.

Russell Slade has got the team playing with more confidence and I hope that fans can give the manager credit for the recent results and change in fortunes.

Away on Tuesday we sang the managers name but as much as a couple of us tried today, others were reluctant to join in.

We are so close to achieving what most thought was impossible with Russell Slade and why not, as fans, go all out in the remaining twelve games and support the manager and get some old fashioned support for him and his team until the end of season?

We are not going down and just three points from the play offs, let's get behind them all and get to the CCS and you never know we could just be that one team that enters the play offs at the end of the season and be that team with the ascendancy to go all the way.

The new Lenard Cohen Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Can't disagree with that :ayatollah: Thought there were some good performances again today. Pilkington, immers, okeefe also thought malone did well getting forward and peltier looked good in defence. Roll on Bristol next weekend a win there could really give us confidence for the next 2 after that. Which is Leeds on the Tuesday night and Ipswich on the following Saturday both home. I feel you have to fancy us at home at the moment :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:36 pm

Carl, like I've been saying all day, we have a real chance :ayatollah:

You're spot on consistency, and that's two home wins in a row. We fully deserved it today, and not easy to do that against a team in form.

Easy to forget that the only team who have come to Cardiff in the league and won are Hull. We've beaten Middlesbrough, Brighton and Preston at home as well as draws against Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday. The only teams in the top 10 who haven't come to us yet are Derby, Birmingham and Ipswich. I'd fancy us to get results against all those three.

We are 5th in the form table. Over the last six games only Burnley, Brighton, Preston and Bristol City have done better. We ended one team's run today, hopefully we can end another's next week.

I'm already looking forward to my next game which is Leeds at home :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:53 pm

We should all be proud of what slade has done, so fat he's totally exceeded expectations. He deserves our full support!

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:12 pm

Slade has learned about substitutions .... don't have to be like for like...as before xmas.... today he brought on Digachoi to bolster midfield,

and then 2 in injury time to wind down the clock.

Looking forward To Bristol....

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Consistency can be defined in a few different ways. For example we have lost only 7 games all season but on the other side we still havent won back to back games since september.

Bristol city are another club on a good run at the moment, with a very talented striker who i see moving to the prem soon. Now would be a fantastic time to get that back to back win

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:17 pm

We win very well in front of the sky cameras last week, and we win again in front of a load of school kids with free tickets.
I predict 18,000 to 19,000 next tuesday night at home to Leeds.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:21 pm

Think its time a certian banner was reintroduced
I will get it down from the attic
for the away game at bristol city :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:50 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Consistency can be defined in a few different ways. For example we have lost only 7 games all season but on the other side we still havent won back to back games since september.

Bristol city are another club on a good run at the moment, with a very talented striker who i see moving to the prem soon. Now would be a fantastic time to get that back to back win

Consistent over ninety minutes was more the point I was making Paul.

Now we are becoming that, I would imagine there will be back to back wins before the end of the season.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Its good to see the fans seemed to understand what was going on first half. We were comfortable, but preston have been very hard to break down all season and you could see why. Having said that we hit the post twice with the keeper making a great save before the penalty.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Its good to see the fans seemed to understand what was going on first half. We were comfortable, but preston have been very hard to break down all season and you could see why. Having said that we hit the post twice with the keeper making a great save before the penalty.

Agree that the fans are now showing some patience to our play, which must make it easier on the players.