Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Burnley sign Wallace.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... e/?ref=rss

Re: Good news ref Peter Whittingham

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 pm

would'nt be too sure about that Tim.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:would'nt be too sure about that Tim.

In what way carl ?
Burnley to come in for him as well - or someone else , or bad news that they aren't interested ?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Players are not happy Tim thats what I mean.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 pm

carlccfc wrote:Players are not happy Tim thats what I mean.

Yeah.

Its a tough life for them.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:46 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah.

Tim whether it's tough or not if you are not happy in your surroundings it is difficult to expect someone to give their all to thier job.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:55 pm

he has quality,and if u think before this season dj never really give him a run,he probably played more games this season than the whole of his ccfc career,not sayin he can do it again,but i would be happy with half of that from a winger

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:33 am

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Yeah.

Tim whether it's tough or not if you are not happy in your surroundings it is difficult to expect someone to give their all to thier job.

Carl. sorry I've got no sympathy.

Playing football for a living - earning wages 10-20 times your average man, they aren't saving lives, they aren't risking theirs. they have the best of everything. They want to try working in a boiling hot/freezing cold factory for a couple of hundred pounds a week.

The wage bill is the 2nd biggest issue (after the existing debts), there is obviously cash flow problems so why not tyr whatever we can to help. Blackpool were highly motivated last season, and their promotion bonus didnt come until after the season finished

We've put up, (11000 season tickets by Xmas, Academy scheme, shares, away memberships,), then if they are being asked to then why not. Others have done it elsewhere.

if they aren't happy then lets sell them on - we could get enough money to sort the debts once and for all, and bring in some who will play for less. Oh sure there won't be a promotion challenge, but maybe that will sort out who are the true fans as well.

once the debts are sorted the Malaysians could use more conventional forms of finance to rebuild.

If any player is thinking of using this as an excuse for not performing then I think they had better start looking for another club, because 99% of our fans will not accept it.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am

Anyone else get the impression Whitts couldn't be arsed to move if he didn't have to?

He just has a sloth like look about him and a new club and move would upset his sedentary life. :D

Don't know what it is but if he didn't have a footballing ability, he'd be sat on his sofa, playing Xbox and searching the net ......... a bit like me. :D

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:14 am

Wayne S wrote:Anyone else get the impression Whitts couldn't be arsed to move if he didn't have to?

He just has a sloth like look about him and a new club and move would upset his sedentary life. :D

Don't know what it is but if he didn't have a footballing ability, he'd be sat on his sofa, playing Xbox and searching the net ......... a bit like me. :D

A Sloth that got 25 goals last season Chief!! :lol: :lol: They as players cant moan when a bunch of journey men, free transfers, loan signings, outplayed outsmarted and had more passion than our highly paid bunch at Wembley.
Still hurts but hey good luck to Blackpool i for one will be cheering them on whilst watching match of the day.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:23 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Anyone else get the impression Whitts couldn't be arsed to move if he didn't have to?

A Sloth that got 25 goals last season Chief!! :lol: :lol: They as players cant moan when a bunch of journey men, free transfers, loan signings, outplayed outsmarted and had more passion than our highly paid bunch at Wembley.
Still hurts but hey good luck to Blackpool i for one will be cheering them on whilst watching match of the day.

Calm down young man. Whitts should not be allowed to go anywhere because of his footballing ability.

It was just a tongue in cheek review of Whittingham's whole demeanour, he actually looks like he is falling asleep whilst being interviewed. I just believe he would forgo a few extra grand so he doesn't have to get of his sofa and pack up his stuff. ;)