Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO: The Trust. Embargo?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm

I do believe I am still a Trust member, so on my behalf could the Trust please ask Gethin Jenkins to confirm or deny what I've been told about the club entering another transfer embargo?

The question is - Is it true Mr Jenkins that the club have a new transfer embargo in place due to payments not being made to Charlton (re Hudson) and/or payments not being made to Sunderland (re Chopra)?

I'll even supply some tick boxes so that he doesn't have to type a reply. Just tick one of the following:

A. No, it's complete bollox.
B. Yes it is true.
C. No comment (which basically means it is true but he doesn't want to say).

Since the Trust wants us to deal in facts, then this is an easy one to follow up. Act now before he goes home from work at 5pm and I can rest this weekend knowing the facts.

Thanks in advance.

Re: FAO: The Trust. Embargo?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:57 pm

bit late in the day now isnt it ?

the trust board are probably still at work

but you could try sending gethin an e mail yourself ?

cheers

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Sludge, if you are the Trust then I'm simply asking politely that you put this question on my behalf. Isn't that what membership is all about? Or are you suggesting that all Trust members contact the club individually with their questions rather than collectively through the Trust. If that's the case what is the point of the trust?

As for the Trust being in work, you know as well as I do that they come on this board and post during work time so it's a good time to ask them isn't it.

It's not as if it's a menial question and not a question that should come up that often.

However Sludge, if you are not Trust then sorry about the above but why are you posting in a thread aimed at Trust who can ask a question for me?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Outsider, please see my reply to Gwyn's post above.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:14 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Outsider, please see my reply to Gwyn's post above.

Yes mate I did. We are crossing thread here. :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:19 pm

TheOutsider wrote:Sludge, if you are the Trust then I'm simply asking politely that you put this question on my behalf. Isn't that what membership is all about?

polite question or not , its a bit of asmarmy way of puttingt it over , it was a bit snidey though , wasnt it ?

Or are you suggesting that all Trust members contact the club individually with their questions rather than collectively through the Trust. If that's the case what is the point of the trust?

and again

As for the Trust being in work, you know as well as I do that they come on this board and post during work time so it's a good time to ask them isn't it.

well not all the time ..it 4 0 Clock now and you are asking them to find out something for you before 5pm ..cutting it a bit fine ..why not post this in the morning ?

It's not as if it's a menial question and not a question that should come up that often.

However Sludge, if you are not Trust then sorry about the above but why are you posting in a thread aimed at Trust who can ask a question for me?

I am a member of the trust who comes on here quite a lot , as you know , but I am not on the board , people like mike roderick have been voted on for the purpose of working between fans and club

anyway , sounds like its all been sorted now

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:20 pm

I am getting confsed now and this ain't a dig at the Trust because I think Mike has answered it well and is fighting a good corner for the Trust.

But after reading Sludges post, what is he saying, it's to late in the day, is that to late for contacting the Trust members involved or for contacting the club, and surely one of the major aims of the Trust is to represent its' members and the fans, so telling them to e mail themselves seems a little odd.

Are we saying we should bypass the Trust and take all our questions direct to the club or just certain ones at certain times?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

I am getting tired of all this now gwyn

you are a decent fan , I simply dont understand all this , its not getting any of us anywhere

it was asked at around 4pm if by 5pm the trust could contact gething jenkins , get e reply and get it back on here by 5pm , before he goes home forom work , so the poster could sleep easy this weekend

why wasnt this asked of the trust earlier today , earlier in the week etc ?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Sludge wrote:why wasnt this asked of the trust earlier today , earlier in the week etc ?

Maybe because the claim has only come about today, possibly?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Sludge wrote:I am getting tired of all this now gwyn

you are a decent fan , I simply dont understand all this , its not getting any of us anywhere

it was asked at around 4pm if by 5pm the trust could contact gething jenkins , get e reply and get it back on here by 5pm , before he goes home forom work , so the poster could sleep easy this weekend

why wasnt this asked of the trust earlier today , earlier in the week etc ?

Sludge, I didn't ask to send him a letter. Can't someone phone him or drop an email. Surely he reads his emails, especially late afternoon on a Friday.
Anyway I did ask the question and it was asked and a reply was posted here. And it didn't take long.
To be fair Sludge it was a decent question without having a dig at you or anyone else at the Trust. I asked politely and got a polite reply. You then inform that you are not on the board at the Trust, which begs the question why did you get involved. you didn't need to and you didn't need to make a big issue of it. Simple question, simple answer, fast turn around, no digs, no problem. Simple really.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm

" since the trust wants us to deal in facts "

teeny weeny bit sarcastic in my opinion , we will have to agree to disagree

the question was posted twice at around the same time not long before the end of a friday afternoon

i think as I was here at the time and I didnt see anyone else that I knew to be a trust member online I think it was perfectly fair for me to point out it was a little late in the day to be asking a question and expecting an answer so quickly to a question of high importance

as it was , you got it !!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Not really sludgel.

At this point in time there's no embargo. Which could well be correct. Doesn't mean there's no threat of one.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

I can see clearly now the rain as gone.

I couldn't understand the relevance to the Trust board being in work, but now I get it.

between 9 and 5 phone them your fecking selves (just joking honest)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I can see clearly now the rain as gone.

I couldn't understand the relevance to the Trust board being in work, but now I get it.

or e mail

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I can see clearly now the rain as gone.

Sludge handles out of hours requests. Except when he's dogging :lol: