Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OPEN LETTER FROM TG

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:26 am

Dear Supporters Trust, Supporters Club and all Cardiff City supporters,

As you will be aware there has been much conjecture in recent days over various issues surrounding the Club.

I wanted to write this short note to reaffirm our commitment and support to the Club and take the opportunity to thank you for your continuing support.

I reiterate the point made in the press statement yesterday, namely, the Club re-affirms its primary aim is to get the organisation back on a sensible and balanced business footing and to work through the challenges of the various debts, cash flow issues and other basic business functions in order to get the Football Club competing at the highest levels both on and off the pitch.

I am sure you will agree this is a sensible and vital first aim.

With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

As of yet no meeting has been set up and I have had no direct dialogue with Mr Hammam. If there is to be a meeting, I will be accompanied by the Club's solicitor and it will be to discuss a final settlement and timing of the whole Langston issue.

As for the postponement of the Malaysia trip, the timings and logistics didn't make it viable for the season and we look to reorganise for next year when dates etc can be confirmed well in advance. I stress the postponement was done with our full agreement.

As stated we remain committed to Cardiff City and hope that our actions over the coming months will prove this.

Thanks for your continued support.

Regards

Tg

Re: OPEN LETTER FROM TG

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 am

Mike

thanks for the update

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 am

?

Now what we supposed to believe?!

There seems to be three stories here, sam's story, the club's story and the truth!

The truth is probably somewhere in between!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

THE DON wrote:?

There seems to be three stories here, sam's story, the club's story and the truth!

Go with TG.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:06 am

Bigbluebird wrote:
THE DON wrote:?

Go with TG.

Sorry lads I'm with TG.

Settle the bill, even if we have to sell Chopra, Whittingham and Matthews to fund it, and move on.
Then have a new open share issue.
If Sam then wants to buy shares, he can buy them on the same terms as the rest of us.

We can start again with the shadow of legal agreements, court appearances and division amongst the fans.

If we struggle, so what, it'll sort out those who love the club from those who just want the glory.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 am

Well that's that then, TG's words are good enough for me.

Time to move on!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:15 am

I'll go with what TG says now..

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:
With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

As of yet no meeting has been set up and I have had no direct dialogue with Mr Hammam. If there is to be a meeting, I will be accompanied by the Club's solicitor and it will be to discuss a final settlement and timing of the whole Langston issue.

As for the postponement of the Malaysia trip, the timings and logistics didn't make it viable for the season and we look to reorganise for next year when dates etc can be confirmed well in advance. I stress the postponement was done with our full agreement.

Superb work from the Supporters' Trust once again.

No rumours. No speculation. No so-called inside information. Just the truth about the Sam situation and the postponed Malaysia trip straight from the horse's mouth.

Excellent stuff.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:20 am

looks to me like a political response

new signings not mentioned

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:22 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

Superb work from the Supporters' Trust once again.

No rumours. No speculation. No so-called inside information. Just the truth about the Sam situation and the postponed Malaysia trip straight from the horse's mouth.

Excellent stuff.

Hmm.

Dates were confirmed surely - Malaysian FA moved league fixtures as a result. The statement could well be more the case the Malaysians want to play things down, manage news.

Even so, doesn't shoot anything down with regards to Hammam. TG has stated the purpose of the meeting; that may change within the meeting.

Who knows?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks TG for ending the sensationalism regarding Sam returning ----the Echo should print an apology for mis-informing the south wales public. Rubbish, fabricated and unprofessional attempt at journalism.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 am

TG's word hasn't been wrong so far and until it turns out otherwise his word is good enough for me. There's a few bits of information he's chosen to leave out but I'd rather that than have him deny it to our faces.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 am

totally agree blazing, what has the club or tg got to do to convince the pro hammam crew that the meeting isnt about him returning but about negotiating down the debt... in my honest opinion that is it, nothing more, nothing less.... time to move on. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:35 am

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Dear Supporters Trust, Supporters Club and all Cardiff City supporters,

As you will be aware there has been much conjecture in recent days over various issues surrounding the Club.

I wanted to write this short note to reaffirm our commitment and support to the Club and take the opportunity to thank you for your continuing support.

I reiterate the point made in the press statement yesterday, namely, the Club re-affirms its primary aim is to get the organisation back on a sensible and balanced business footing and to work through the challenges of the various debts, cash flow issues and other basic business functions in order to get the Football Club competing at the highest levels both on and off the pitch.

As stated we remain committed to Cardiff City and hope that our actions over the coming months will prove this.

Regards

Tg

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am

Link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16907

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 am

Well, there we have it ladies and gentlemen.

All this rubbish on here about Hammam, the cancellation of the Malaysia tour and "a club in crisis" are exactly that - rubbish!!!

You played Hammams game, believed everything he told you in your meeting with him and you've been left high and dry.

I certainly believe that the SWE should apologise and, more importantly, never take your news stories from a message board :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:27 pm

You got to laugh, first of all the club catgorically deny any meeting was planned, now they admit there is a meeting but its to discuss the paying back of the loan.

What did you expect TG to say " yes I'm meeting sam and I'm going to ask him to run the club for me if he settles the immediate threat of the now payable Langstone debt hanging over us"

Of course the meeting is about dealing with the Langstone debt,and surely there will be several options.

1.The malaysians pay it all off along with iall the other debts,mmediate ones and ones due to come up, so at least 30 million pounds. Are they prepared to do this on their own whilst owning 36% of the shares, I bet PMG and the other directors would love them to choose that option.

2. They insist that the debt is dealt with pro rata according to your share holding,can you see that happening.

3. They come to an agreement with Sam/Langstones to work as a joint venture that is beneficial to both parties in return for a satisfactory settlement regarding the Langstone monies.

Am i getting that wrong, and does anyone else see any other options.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Gethin wrote that letter and was passed by TG

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:You got to laugh, first of all the club catgorically deny any meeting was planned, now they admit there is a meeting but its to discuss the paying back of the loan.

What did you expect TG to say " yes I'm meeting sam and I'm going to ask him to run the club for me if he settles the immediate threat of the now payable Langstone debt hanging over us"

Of course the meeting is about dealing with the Langstone debt,and surely there will be several options.

1.The malaysians pay it all off along with iall the other debts,mmediate ones and ones due to come up, so at least 30 million pounds. Are they prepared to do this on their own whilst owning 36% of the shares, I bet PMG and the other directors would love them to choose that option.

2. They insist that the debt is dealt with pro rata according to your share holding,can you see that happening.

3. They come to an agreement with Sam/Langstones to work as a joint venture that is beneficial to both parties in return for a satisfactory settlement regarding the Langstone monies.

Am i getting that wrong, and does anyone else see any other options.

When did they say there was no meeting planned?

The only scheduled meetings due to take place are those being brokered through the Clubs solicitors and relate to the Langston debts

The only thing they havent said is this is a meeting to disucss Sam coming back to the club, in a football role or have some invovlement in the club for reducing the debt.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Now came on now I know ther's a lot of trees there but surely you can still see the woods.

The original club statement says the onl meetings will be between the club and Langstones solicitors.

Now we read the club/TG's statemnt saying IF there is a meeting between Sam and TG, Tg will have his Solicitor with him, would anyone expect anything else.

Also we have heard from the press and two of the three people at this supposed meeting i.e. Sam and Peter Ridsdale saying that Peters agreed to be the inter mediatory between both parties as he is acceptbale to both groups.
Now is atht at the meeting that hasn't been discussed or planned.

Come on people read between the lines this is how things work in the world,how can people have agree to go to a meeting that no one has even discussed or asked for yet. Keep up at the back. 8-)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 pm

I can see clearly thanks.

A meeting with Langston and TG and solicitors would have to involve Sam, as he is the only representative we know of from Langston(bar their solicitors)

Again from both statements I don't see anything has changed with regards to the position of the club or TG.

The echo reported what has been told to them by members of this board, who were told what they know from Sam.
And information from Ridsdale - I wouldn't trust anything he says, a sentiment which has been echoed by many on this board.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Where does it say this is a meeting only between the solicitors?

The only scheduled meetings due to take place are those being brokered through the Clubs solicitors and relate to the Langston debts

The clubs solicitors yes. Langston's no.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Well done, TG. Great work.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:Dear Supporters Trust, Supporters Club and all Cardiff City supporters,

Regards

Tg

Well done Mike.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:41 pm

You getting silly now, who are the clubs solicitors going to meet with to discuss the Langtone debt,THEMSELVE, is that how you see it.
CLUB STATEMENT " OUR SOLICITORS ARE GOING TO MEET AMONGST THEMSELVES TO DISCUSS THE CLUB'S DEBT TO LANGSTONES" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 pm

BigGwynram wrote:You getting silly now, who are the clubs solicitors going to meet with to discuss the Langtone debt,THEMSELVE, is that how you see it.
CLUB STATEMENT " OUR SOLICITORS ARE GOING TO MEET AMONGST THEMSELVES TO DISCUSS THE CLUB'S DEBT TO LANGSTONES" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Gwyn you can do better than that. To me the statement is a bit ambigous in that it says there has been no 'direct' contact between Hammam and TG only indirect contact through solicitors and at present there is no set date for a meeting.

However, there is certainly a concession that a meeting HAS TO TAKE PLACE soon to resolve the Langston debt 'challenge' and when it does TG will be accompanied by the club's solicitor. Who knows what happens then?

Whilst there might be a few of the usual suspects jumping up and down with delight believing they have been vindicated, if the statement is looked at a little harder it does go some way to confirming yours Carl's and Annis' version of events.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:54 pm

by Stavross » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

The clubs solicitors yes. Langston's no.Stavross
Private messageE-mail Stavross

Am I missing something here, you ask where does it say this is a meeting only between the solicitors, and then you show the quote where it reads that the only scheduled meeting to take place is being brokered between the clubs solicitors?
And the point is?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:59 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Re: OPEN LETTER FROM TG
by Stavross » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

The clubs solicitors yes. Langston's no.Stavross
Private messageE-mail Stavross

Am I missing something here, you ask where does it say this is a meeting only between the solicitors, and then you show the quote where it reads that the only scheduled meeting to take place is being brokered between the clubs solicitors?
And the point is?

I'm saying where does it mention anyhting about Langstons solicitors? Brokered by the clubs solicitors? Who are they speaking to broker a meeting? Sam? Langstons lawyers?

You wouldnt know if you read the statement only.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

The bucks fizz and Wimbledon must be fuzzing me up coz i'm totally confused now.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:14 pm

BigGwynram wrote:The bucks fizz and Wimbledon must be fuzzing me up coz i'm totally confused now.

I think I interpreted one of your previous points wrongly!! :oops: