Sludge wrote:on mikes site

would not expect any less :lol:

is it an exclusive ?

TG Letter To Fans

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:23 am

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 29,00.html

Re: TG responds to trust question about sam situation

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 am

So what do we read into that then, now Im totally confused :?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:25 am

Sludge wrote:on mikes site

Dear Supporters Trust, Supporters Club and all Cardiff City supporters,

As you will be aware there has been much conjecture in recent days over various issues surrounding the Club.

I wanted to write this short note to reaffirm our commitment and support to the Club and take the opportunity to thank you for your continuing support.

I reiterate the point made in the press statement yesterday, namely, the Club re-affirms its primary aim is to get the organisation back on a sensible and balanced business footing and to work through the challenges of the various debts, cash flow issues and other basic business functions in order to get the Football Club competing at the highest levels both on and off the pitch.

I am sure you will agree this is a sensible and vital first aim.

With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

As of yet no meeting has been set up and I have had no direct dialogue with Mr Hammam. If there is to be a meeting, I will be accompanied by the Club's solicitor and it will be to discuss a final settlement and timing of the whole Langston issue.

As for the postponement of the Malaysia trip, the timings and logistics didn't make it viable for the season and we look to reorganise for next year when dates etc can be confirmed well in advance. I stress the postponement was done with our full agreement.

As stated we remain committed to Cardiff City and hope that our actions over the coming months will prove this.

Thanks for your continued support.

Regards

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:31 am

What do we believe now...............? :?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 am

No surprises there but the pro-Hammam lobby will no doubt put their own skewed spin on it. All seems pretty straight forward to me:-

"With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving. "

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:36 am

RichardBluebird wrote:So what do we read into that then, now Im totally confused :?

Perhaps you should look no further than TG statement that this story is [b]unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

This whole story has been expertly handled by SH and his local cabal and they have played Terry Phillips and MediaWales for the fools they are.

Remember no self respecting journalists will allow the truth to get in the way of a good story. MediaWales would do well to remember that if they want to sell newspapers today then report nonsense, if you want to sell newspapers next year print the truth.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 am

All this winds me up! I think I'd rather not know until it actually happens! It's nice to know first but when it turns out it may not be true it's very frustrating!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:42 am

castleblue wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:So what do we read into that then, now Im totally confused :?

Perhaps you should look no further than TG statement that this story is [b]unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.

This whole story has been expertly handled by SH and his local cabal and they have played Terry Phillips and MediaWales for the fools they are.

Remember no self respecting journalists will allow the truth to get in the way of a good story. MediaWales would do well to remember that if they want to sell newspapers today then report nonsense, if you want to sell newspapers next year print the truth.

So its typical CCFC style then, believe nothing unless you can see or touch it......... City life eh :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:47 am

RichardBluebird wrote:What do we believe now...............? :?

With regards to the media speculation regarding Sam Hammam, again as stated yesterday the only contact we have had is through the Clubs solicitors and is in regards to addressing the Langston agreement. I would stress that the comments are unhelpful, misfounded, inaccurate and self serving.
As of yet no meeting has been set up and I have had no direct dialogue with Mr Hammam. If there is to be a meeting, I will be accompanied by the Club's solicitor and it will be to discuss a final settlement and timing of the whole Langston issue.

Pretty straightforward to me. The meeting is to discuss the debt owed to a creditor - as has been done with others. This particular creditor sees an opportunity to bring in his own agenda and utilises well-used channels to forward his goals. Our current major shareholders see this potential meeting as a normal business deal - no more, no less. Simple.

Some people are a bit quiet this morning aren't they?!

I think the statement is more of a side swipe at the media than individuals like annis

i think the story should not have been run by terry phillips , its him I think that was at fault

if talks were or are going on , he should be more professional

if sam meets with other fans, thats his right and the right of those fans

but terry did not do the echo any favours with his reporting of it

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:55 am

Whats the chances of Terry printing TG's statement in the Echo tomrrow with a retraction of his story yesterday????