Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JUST HEARD FROM STOKE

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:44 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=127680

Thanks.Hopefully this has worked.

Well done. :lol:

But that 'legal loophole' is a pile of pants. Honestly.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:05 pm

I agree,it's just one poster who always tries to be clever,it never works.I just wish Stoke would pay the £2.5 million,you get the money he is worth,we get the player we want and Joe gets his move.Everyone is happy.Or is that far to simple.
There are a few posters who have very good reputations on SCFC transfer dealings and are saying Ledley DID sign yesterday,but no idea why it's not been announced.
Time will tell.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:37 am

No offence but some of them are thick as shit lol Can they read? some even are confused why you are offering players when he is on a free :lol:
I think 2.5/3m will sort it
id take 1m plus tonge and Kitson but who knows if we are under an embargo etc etc :lol:
I think its impossible to figure out tbh

Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:47 am

Cardiff were not being greedy that summer MD, I have it on very good authority that it wouldn't have mattered how much money was on the table from stoke when we bid for Ledley, whether it was £6m £8m £or £10m they would not have accepted it and were point blank refusing to do buisness with us due to the infamous chants directed at Dave Jones during his visit to the Brit that year. When his assistant threw a ball at the ballboys face and then Dave Jones and the rest of his team starting giving the St Johns Ambulance guy abuse, which resulted in around 20,000 stokies shouting peado at Jones, He took exception to this and told Risdale that if Ledley was sold to us he would quit, Risdale backed him up and its ended up costing them, When ledley found out that he was not going to be allowed to speak to us he kicked off big time and told them if he wasn't allowed to talk to us he would run his contract down and leave for free, which neither Risdale or Jones believed it would get that far, guess they were wrong

This has to be the best to date :lol:

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:10 pm

castleblue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:So, all quite normal in the cut and thrust world of football transfers?

But hey, lets use it to slag off our CEO!!!!

That's the whole thing isn't it Claude Blue for some reason Gethin Jenkins is being made out to be some kind of idiot. He isn't but it will not stop the agenda ridden bias being shown towards him.

There is much myth and legend going on here about why this transfer has not been finalised and CCFC and GJ have little to do with it.

In reality JL had a meeting with Stoke and TP on Monday and it does appear a deal between both parties has been agreed, how do I know this because before I retired I did some work on football administration and I know for a fact that Stoke City have requested an International Transfer Certificate from the FAW who hold Joe Ledleys registration.

That has been provided together with notice of a Training Compensation Demand which was lodged by CCFC with the FAW. This was done recently by the club when it became obvious JL was intent on leaving, this was lodged by GJ on behalf of the club. Not bad work from the alledged incompetent puppet of the egg chasing mob.

Stoke are now trying to agree a compensation fee, the demand lodged by the club is £6m and Stoke are trying to negotiate that down for obvious reasons. What the current situation is only the two clubs know but what the hell for some on here it will not stop them having cheap jibes at our new CEO.
I say lets give the guy a chance afterall he has a background of first class sports administration, Bluebird fan as well which means he cannot be all bad.

It's personal !!