Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JUST HEARD FROM STOKE

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 am

I have a contact in Stoke (plus a son and aan ex wife, but that's another story,lol) apparently Stoke can't believe how inept our club was in trying to get the deal done with Ledley. Allegedly the deal involves us getting two players and a sum of money but Gethin just could not handle the paperwork or procedures neccersary to get it done and the club have now had to use Peter Ridsale to get it sorted, how fecking embarressing is that.

Now this ain't me just stirring,and I'm sure the story will leak out in time from this end as well.

Re: JUST HEARD FROM STOKE

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:40 am

Who are the players gwyn? And how much cash?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:44 am

rymo wrote:Who are the players gwyn? And how much cash?

Ive heared Tong is 1 and I thought that Borley was going to talk to them not Ridsdale ? Learning curve for Mr Jenkins eh and the football season is just a few weeks away !

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:45 am

Jenkins out! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:51 am

Heard similiar from our end.Comparasions being made with our dealing with Peter Storrie at Pompey when we signed Begovic from them.By all accounts CCFC are being very difficult to deal with.Stoke will sign Ledley no doubt about that,remember he is now a free agent so we don't actually have to agree with CCFC a fee.At the early stages i had heard Tonge was being offered plus cash.I have not heard the story of 2 players plus cash.Stoke are trying to keep relations between the 2 clubs amicable by avoiding a tribunal,but patience is wearing thin at board level at this end.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 am

jenkins is a joke.
the sooner the malaysians see this the better.
and the rest of the egg chasers.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 am

Just like to add as we speak Ledley is at The Brit,don't forget yesterday our admin staff were working on Griff's transfer to Reading and Simmo's free transfer to Sheff Utd.The managment team are meeting Carlton Cole today also,so will not waste to much more time trying to deal with your board.They will sign Ledley and chance it at a tribunal.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:02 am

We want cash up front apparantly.
WBA are trying to hijack the deal.
I've got contacts there.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:02 am

Ledley will be a Stoke player soon enough BUT how do we know that DJ wants Tong ?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:07 am

Martyn1963 wrote:Ledley will be a Stoke player soon enough BUT how do we know that DJ wants Tong ?

To be honest i don't think he does/did hence why negotations went no further regarding Tonge.I'm certainly not saying the original poster is incorrecr regarding 2 players plus cash from us,but i have not heard the same story.But i do know we tried to offer you Tonge.At a guess if we are offering you anyone it could be from the following,
Andrew Davies,ex Saints full back
Danny Pugh,ex Leeds,Man Scum
Carl Dickinson,left back
Dave Kitson,pulis really wants rid of him.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:11 am

victoriaboothen wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Ledley will be a Stoke player soon enough BUT how do we know that DJ wants Tong ?

To be honest i don't think he does/did hence why negotations went no further regarding Tonge.I'm certainly not saying the original poster is incorrecr regarding 2 players plus cash from us,but i have not heard the same story.But i do know we tried to offer you Tonge.At a guess if we are offering you anyone it could be from the following,
Carl Dickinson,left back

He won't come to us, he's ginger.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:17 am

victoriaboothen wrote:

Carl Dickinson,left back

Jones loves signing full backs so maybe take all 3 :lol: appologies for spelling Tongue incorectly too , Kitson wont come to us coz he always whinges we call him rude names :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 am

To be honest mate i wouldn't wish Kitson on anyone,not even Port Fail.The bloke has a masive attitude problem.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:23 am

Sounds to me City through talks were expecting a certain amount of cash in the region of 2.5 mill , and then Stoke moved the goalposts by offering players instead which would cause concerns to City's plans. Ridsdale then is requested to talk to Stoke in an attempt to rebalance the deal, why? because they are paying him anyway so feel they might as well use his services as they are paying for them anyway- no doubt all part of his severance package.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:45 am

So, all quite normal in the cut and thrust world of football transfers?

But hey, lets use it to slag off our CEO!!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:51 am

Am I the only one thinking that Jenkins is just another "PATSY" :?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 am

I bet the Riddler is loving this :evil:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:05 am

Claude Blue wrote:So, all quite normal in the cut and thrust world of football transfers?

But hey, lets use it to slag off our CEO!!!!

That's the whole thing isn't it Claude Blue for some reason Gethin Jenkins is being made out to be some kind of idiot. He isn't but it will not stop the agenda ridden bias being shown towards him.

There is much myth and legend going on here about why this transfer has not been finalised and CCFC and GJ have little to do with it.

In reality JL had a meeting with Stoke and TP on Monday and it does appear a deal between both parties has been agreed, how do I know this because before I retired I did some work on football administration and I know for a fact that Stoke City have requested an International Transfer Certificate from the FAW who hold Joe Ledleys registration.

That has been provided together with notice of a Training Compensation Demand which was lodged by CCFC with the FAW. This was done recently by the club when it became obvious JL was intent on leaving, this was lodged by GJ on behalf of the club. Not bad work from the alledged incompetent puppet of the egg chasing mob.

Stoke are now trying to agree a compensation fee, the demand lodged by the club is £6m and Stoke are trying to negotiate that down for obvious reasons. What the current situation is only the two clubs know but what the hell for some on here it will not stop them having cheap jibes at our new CEO.

I say lets give the guy a chance afterall he has a background of first class sports administration, Bluebird fan as well which means he cannot be all bad.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:15 am

I concur totally with you castleblue.

People can make their own minds up as to why our CEO is constantly castigated on here.

But, as so often, why let the facts get in the way of a good story? :roll: :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:18 am

Claude Blue wrote:I concur totally with you castleblue.

People can make their own minds up as to why our CEO is constantly castigated on here.

But, as so often, why let the facts get in the way of a good story? :roll: :lol:

In all fairness to Jenkins it seems he has been dropped in it big time with no guidance, lke I said a possible "patsy"

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am

Castle Blue and Claude Blue.....sound similar to me!

Strange they seem to share the same opinion........i wonder do they share the same office at the CCS?? :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:32 am

victoriaboothen wrote:

Carl Dickinson,left back

I thought Pugh is off to Brighton !

As for our board not playing ball with Stoke then good, Ridsdale would have rolled over and asking for his tummy to be tickled.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Pullis has been told to get rid of players before he can sign new ones.
Hence stoke looking for a part ex.
Stoke are not as well off as people think.
They don't want to risk a tribunal.

Like i said earlier WBA in for him as well.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... lbion.html

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Andrew Davies and Dave Kitson for Ledley sounds a good deal. Just hope we can sort something out

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 am

Surly we dont want anymore full backs...........we've got them coming out of our ears.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:36 am

BigGwynram wrote:I have a contact in Stoke (plus a son and aan ex wife, but that's another story,lol) apparently Stoke can't believe how inept our club was in trying to get the deal done with Ledley. Allegedly the deal involves us getting two players and a sum of money but Gethin just could not handle the paperwork or procedures neccersary to get it done and the club have now had to use Peter Ridsale to get it sorted, how fecking embarressing is that.

Now this ain't me just stirring,and I'm sure the story will leak out in time from this end as well.

Full credit to you mate,you're bang on correct.Kitson and Tonge have been offered plus cash.Story also on walesonline.The WBA story is nothing more than that,a story.Ledley has already given his word.Just the clubs can not sort it out between themselves.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 am

victoriaboothen wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:I have a contact in Stoke (plus a son and aan ex wife, but that's another story,lol) apparently Stoke can't believe how inept our club was in trying to get the deal done with Ledley. Allegedly the deal involves us getting two players and a sum of money but Gethin just could not handle the paperwork or procedures neccersary to get it done and the club have now had to use Peter Ridsale to get it sorted, how fecking embarressing is that.

Full credit to you mate,you're bang on correct.Kitson and Tonge have been offered plus cash.Story also on walesonline.The WBA story is nothing more than that,a story.Ledley has already given his word.Just the clubs can not sort it out between themselves.

Kitson sounds a bit far-fetched.

Good player, but his wages would be an issue. We are trying to CUT costs, I wonder if he would just be on loan, with us only taking part of the wage cost. In which case -great.

There would surely have to be a fee paid as well in that case ?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm

There is a very good thread debating this issue on The Oatcake entitled "Pulis to offer Kitson and Tonge to Cardiff".It raises some very good points regarding training compensation,not a transfer fee and if Ledley is actually eligible for a free now.There could be a legal loophole Stoke could exploit.Sorry i can't do links,but it is worth a read.Different viewpoint and all that.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:24 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:There is a very good thread debating this issue on The Oatcake entitled "Pulis to offer Kitson and Tonge to Cardiff".It raises some very good points regarding training compensation,not a transfer fee and if Ledley is actually eligible for a free now.There could be a legal loophole Stoke could exploit.Sorry i can't do links,but it is worth a read.Different viewpoint and all that.

open the site you want to lin in a new window
right click on the web address at the top, select copy

open this page and right click , select paste - all done.

;)

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:28 pm

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/ind ... ead=127680

Thanks.Hopefully this has worked.