Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

put yourself in the Malaysians Shoes

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am

Putting yourself in someone elses shoes often gives you a different thought prospective. So if you were in TG/Tan shoes for a minute ,

You have invested 6 million and missed the golden ticket of premiership football and the incoming finances that go with it, you now have to invest more to keep the ship afloat and operating even before the start of the season and you still have to face the fact that the ship has a 10/24 million repair bill that needs fixing. What would you do if in those shoes.

Re: put yourself in the Malaysians Shoes

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:15 am

get the ship repaired so it can take us to the promised land in order to recover my outlay

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 am

Daya wrote:Putting yourself in someone elses shoes often gives you a different thought prospective. So if you were in TG/Tan shoes for a minute ,

You have invested 6 million and missed the golden ticket of premiership football and the incoming finances that go with it, you now have to invest more to keep the ship afloat and operating even before the start of the season and you still have to face the fact that the ship has a 10/24 million repair bill that needs fixing. What would you do if in those shoes.

convert 6 million of the 10 debt to langston in to shares ,bring sam back on the football side and both invest tg/sam invest another 6 million each and f**k off pmg :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:17 am

DEANO wrote:get the ship repaired so it can take us to the promised land in order to recover my outlay

How do you make that repair?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:22 am

you have given the answer above steve 10/ 24 mill investment gets you a return of at least 42 mill from the promised land

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 am

I would ask Sam to downgrade his naming rights/promotion bonus to £2m and convert that into shares. Any cash raised from naming rights could then go on debt repayment.

I would insist that PMG also convert £2.4m (or whatever it is) into shares.

I would relaunch the Premier Seating with the aim of getting all 2,200 seats filled.

I would launch a supporters share issue allowing fans to buy shares for as little as £10 p/m. This scheme could be securitised and the cash raised used to pay down outstanding stadium debts.

Finally I would ask every director to invest £1m which will be repaid on promotion to the EPL.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Can't insist PMG do anything.

Their debt is secured - and let's be honest, Guy has got what he wanted - land, retail park - from the deal.

The future of CCFC is irrelevant to him really - should we go to the wall, he'll get as much on his debt back as a secured creditor. May take a slight hit, sure, but what he's got out of the club would, long term, cover that.

If I was in the Malaysians shoes, ie not a fan of the club, it gets to the stage of does the time, effort and money involved to repair things given others don't seem to be helping outweigh the potential gains - after all, there are many clubs looking to go up, no guarantees we will. At a certain point of plowing money into what is currently a moneysink, minimising losses, cutting and running becomes a viable option.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:02 pm

if i was in thier shoes? jump ship :(

or if i wanted to have a football club , id pay all the debut off, get rid of loads and bring new people in! now if i had 30 mil then thats not possible, but tg and tan have multi muillions so 100 mil to pay all debts etc is nothing

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Most personal wealth valuation is meaningless, as it's paper value - shoreholdings etc.

Malaysians investing 100m, well, I doubt they have that down the back of the sofa to hand, would probably borrow that kind of money to invest.

Which means they'd want a big enough return on investment to justify the risk.

We'd have to not only go up but survive for a good few seasons to make that really viable.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Invest more money in getting the club stable. Selling players if they want. (Give me stable finances and a few seasons mid table any day) then when the debts are settled and we are rid of Sam and all the other creditors, start again to get to the £90 Million promised land

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:12 pm

But even if tgey pay all the debt off they still only own 36% of the shares, and the other directors are not prepared to put any more money into the club.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:16 pm

well the others will have to sell or watch the club go down the pan

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 pm

us city fans should be driving the ggers out, kidneappings etc ;)

WE WANT EGG OUT

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Ben wrote:well the others will have to sell or watch the club go down the pan

PMG don't have to do anything. Go down the pan, they'll get as much on their debt paid off due to being secured creditors. May lose a fair bit, but they've gained land and the retail park which, longer term, would more than cover any hit by us going down.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:14 pm

nerd wrote:Can't insist PMG do anything.

There is an option for PMG to convert £2.7m of debt into shares. They have already converted £300,000 I believe.

The question was what would you do if you were in the Malaysians shoes. Well if I was I would insist they converted that debt now before I put another penny in.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:16 pm

nerd wrote:

PMG don't have to do anything. Go down the pan, they'll get as much on their debt paid off due to being secured creditors. May lose a fair bit, but they've gained land and the retail park which, longer term, would more than cover any hit by us going down.

They wouldn't get a penny off the players values as they have been replaced as secured creditors by the Cayman Island people who loaned the club £4m.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nerd wrote:Can't insist PMG do anything.

There is an option for PMG to convert £2.7m of debt into shares. They have already converted £300,000 I believe.

The question was what would you do if you were in the Malaysians shoes. Well if I was I would insist they converted that debt now before I put another penny in.

Which is a bluff PGM wouldn't care about.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nerd wrote:

They wouldn't get a penny off the players values as they have been replaced as secured creditors by the Cayman Island people who loaned the club £4m.

I would think our entire squad would go for more than £4m.

PMG would get money back off the player values.