Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ron Noades

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Interesting reading on the board tonight. Interesting to see that Noades decided not to go back in for Palace , and now Sam claims to have millions to invest. It's going to be interesting to follow developments for sure. My feelings are it will be down to TG if he and his consortium want a joint venture or go it alone. It's obviously hurting them at present investing 6 mill, missing the Premeirship bonus in return for the investment, and now having to fund the Club more, ie stumping up the wages etc.

Re: Ron Noades

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 pm

Daya wrote:Interesting reading on the board tonight. Interesting to see that Noades decided not to go back in for Palace , and now Sam claims to have millions to invest. It's going to be interesting to follow developments for sure. My feelings are it will be down to TG if he and his consortium want a joint venture or go it alone. It's obviously hurting them at present investing 6 mill, missing the Premeirship bonus in return for the investment, and now having to fund the Club more, ie stumping up the wages etc.

Daya, Very interesting as you Say Sam now has Millions to invest in Our Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

TG has Tan.

Sam / Noades

Most front men have backers. Annis how do you know Sam has disposable income to invest again? Obviously prior he had run out of funds to continue and allowed the Riddler to push him out etc, so any idea how it's now different case scenerio?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Daya wrote:TG has Tan.

Sam / Noades

Most front men have backers. Annis how do you know Sam has disposable income to invest again? Obviously prior he had run out of funds to continue and allowed the Riddler to push him out etc, so any idea how it's now different case scenerio?

now the stadium is bulit the club is worth more ron will see a return maybe?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Sam / Noades

Daya,

I dont know where he has got the money from, but he has Def got what he told he wants to invest.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sam / Noades

Daya,

I dont know where he has got the money from, but he has Def got what he told he wants to invest.

If you DID know what you put it on this board though?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Daya wrote:Interesting reading on the board tonight. Interesting to see that Noades decided not to go back in for Palace , and now Sam claims to have millions to invest. It's going to be interesting to follow developments for sure. My feelings are it will be down to TG if he and his consortium want a joint venture or go it alone. It's obviously hurting them at present investing 6 mill, missing the Premeirship bonus in return for the investment, and now having to fund the Club more, ie stumping up the wages etc.

Interesting angle Daya.

Also interesting that Annis hasn't denied Noades' interest :lol:

Questions then.. What is Noades worth ?

Isn't Noades a football undertaker ?

Surely his idea would be to get us up and sell it on ?

Maybe not such a bad thiung - him and Sam get their money back, we get prem footy :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Interesting angle Daya.

Maybe not such a bad thiung - him and Sam get their money back, we get prem footy :lol:

Noades is worth around £30 million

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Sam / Noades

Daya,

Okay mate, but you can understand why people would be scepitical , he ran out of cash the last time and now has millions to invest again. To just hear it from the Echo obviously does not help because we know the nonsense they can print, Terry has been telling us for years how good Riddler was for instance! If it is the case that you say then it clearly shows its just not Sam but others too ( Langstone) and if true could only be a good thing, unless Sam has won the Euro lottery! :P

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Interesting angle Daya.

Evening Tim,

On that basis, everyone would be happy!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:05 pm

I asked sometime ago if Ron Noades was part of langston .

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Noades is worth around £30 million[/quote]

Peanuts in football terms.

He'd struggle then to even get together the £12m that Sam alledgedly has behind him.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Noades is worth around £30 million

He'd struggle then to even get together the £12m that Sam alledgedly has behind him.[/quote]
Noades is worth quite a bit more than that although i understand that most of his money is tied up in aseetts (golf clubs in home counties)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 pm

He'd struggle then to even get together the £12m that Sam alledgedly has behind him.[/quote]

Then does Noades have a partner?, albeit i never give creidence to these " worths", nobody has ever been able to do that with Sam as well as many others.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

He'd struggle then to even get together the £12m that Sam alledgedly has behind him.

Noades is worth quite a bit more than that although i understand that most of his money is tied up in aseetts (golf clubs in home counties)[/quote]

Who else builds Golf Clubs in Spain, where RN lives alot of the time!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Daya wrote:

Then does Noades have a partner?, albeit i never give creidence to these " worths", nobody has ever been able to do that with Sam as well as many others.[/quote]

The way this one is going we'll end up with more in the boardroom than on the training pitch (where its looking rather thin these days).

On that subject Steve, any decent youngsters coming through, as we may not be replacing Feeney, Etuhu, Capaldi etc.. the way its going and might have to get more out of the youngsters like we did with Matthews, Wildig and Blake last year.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Daya wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Noades is worth quite a bit more than that although i understand that most of his money is tied up in aseetts (golf clubs in home counties)

Who else builds Golf Clubs in Spain, where RN lives alot of the time![/quote]
Seve Ballestaros?????

Seriously though who?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Could be the same person who wanted to buy Spurs? the same club Sam also bought shares in!

Langstone I still believe is not just Sam, Sam cant just have found another 12 million to invest, when only a few years back the well ran dry to where he got forced out by PMG/RIDDLER, where Riddler turned turn coat!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:51 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Daya wrote:

Then does Noades have a partner?, albeit i never give creidence to these " worths", nobody has ever been able to do that with Sam as well as many others.

The way this one is going we'll end up with more in the boardroom than on the training pitch (where its looking rather thin these days).

On that subject Steve, any decent youngsters coming through, as we may not be replacing Feeney, Etuhu, Capaldi etc.. the way its going and might have to get more out of the youngsters like we did with Matthews, Wildig and Blake last year.[/quote]

Tim,

Some good prospects there all playing for Wales too in Victory shield etc.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Tim,

Some good prospects there all playing for Wales too in Victory shield etc.[/quote]

Cheers Steve.

Hope they come good.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 pm

They will i'm sure of it, plenty of Welsh talent !

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Daya wrote:They will i'm sure of it, plenty of Welsh talent !

How did it go for your lad.

Still at Bristol City ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Fine mate... im just chilled to be honest and just let him grow up with no pressure, he aint even started Comp yet! Pressure i wont put on him, wont sign anything and just let him play and enjoy, hes had a letter from Cardiff this week and we will prob go with that- at such a young age its all about as little travel as possible and enjoy! Anyway as the Manager of Cowbridge town u12 .... the little bugger has to be available to me to win the title!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Daya wrote:Fine mate... im just chilled to be honest and just let him grow up with no pressure, he aint even started Comp yet! Pressure i wont put on him, wont sign anything and just let him play and enjoy, hes had a letter from Cardiff this week and we will prob go with that- at such a young age its all about as little travel as possible and enjoy! Anyway as the Manager of Cowbridge town u12 .... the little bugger has to be available to me to win the title!

Sounds like a good approach.

Good luck to him.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks Tim,

It should be the same for all kids, unfortunatly the pressure is on Clubs to get younger and younger to make sure they dont miss out etc, which is a shame really, as of course its all to do with money- thats football today! fear of loss and cash, my view is that if you are good enough at 14/15 then u got it, young lads who have the talent at such a young age, need to be allowed to enjoy/ grow / have fun as well as well as develop, prior to having to make choices, for instance City's future best prospects went in at 14! to be honest i see it all the time mate, kids need to be kids first!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Couldn't all current shareholders buy more shares? Why doesn't Sam?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 pm

does it matter where Sam's got the money from aslong as its genuine and no hidden Langston type loan notes etc so that if things dont turn out as planned then all of a sudden Sam wants his investmant back ? Malaysians arnt going to suddenly demand their £6 mil back are they coz they are in this for the long haul :ayatollah:

loan notes and Ron Noades seems about right :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Steve

You raise some good points in this thread.

Maybe Noades decided not to get involved in Palace again after he heard that Ridsdale had applied for a senior position there?

And your point about not taking the Echo claims as gospel as well. Terry Phillips has already admitted in his blog that he ran today on Media Wales that he had no direct contact with Sam at all , but had gleaned all of his information from Annis in a coffee shop .Annis , Carl , Big Sam Vince and others had previously met with Sam and been told the information then.

So TP based his entire "exclusive" on second hand information obtained from one side of an argument . I am not saying that side of the argument is untrue , just that it is only one side , part of which at least was categorically denied by the club within hours of the press reports being published (there was a bit of retraction from TP in his blog as a result).

Back to Noades - I can`t see where he would get his hands on £12m or anything like it in ready cash any more than Sam could (its a very large percentage of their total wealth , let alone their liquid assets). Unless of course they would look to borrow the money Glazer style which would put a further burden on the club.

I would think , and hope , that the Malaysians would look for a far stronger financial joint venture partner , if indeed that is what they are seeking , than either Noades or Sam.

Keith

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 am

Morning Keith,

How much credience do you give these " worths" of persons? to me they never really seem to stack up. For instance Mark Goldberg paid Noades 24 million for the Palace team basically and not the ground itself, we know of course that he sold that to Simon Jordan in the famous gazump deal, how much did he get for that? Then someone says hes worth 30 mill etc, thats without all his other interests etc. Who knows really - I doubt we ever will. Langstone could be backed by 20 wealthy funders for all we know?

If it is the case that 12 mill is available to invest, then no doubt TG if/when he meets Sam will want to see some substance.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:30 am

Terry Phillips told me that when he met Annis that Sam was on speaker fone from the Lebanon at the same time !