Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAN EVERY PERSON ON HERE JUST SIMPLY ANSWER THIS

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm

QUESTION ?

Do you want "PAUL GUY/MIKE HALL/ALAN WHITLEY and GETHIN JENKINS" RUNNING OUR FOOTBALL CLUB CARDIFF CITY ?

Forget about anyone else, YES or NO and Reasons Please

Re: CAN EVERY PERSON ON HERE JUST SIMPLY ANSWER THIS

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 pm

No they are Rugby people. Although I would not oust Jenkins yet as yes he has made a few mistakes but lets give him a chance to settle in.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 pm

No dont trust one of the fuckers before we know it we will ne the tennants at the stadium

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:03 pm

No I do not want them here.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:03 pm

No I want Cardiff City to open a completely new chapter. We need to get rid off the Eggers and any other hangers on who have had their slice of the cake and left us with crumbs. Ridsdale who had his slice of the cake has gone and was never good for this club. Sam Hammam went a long time ago. OK he holds the loan notes but some deal must be found to clear them (and allow him his slice of the cake) and I personally dont want us to go backwards and get him back in. I would much prefer a scenario where the Malaysians stopped f*cking about, buy us out lock stock and barrel, install their own financial people to run the club in a proper manner and employ a man of integrity (who has never had anything previous to do with our club) to run the football side of things.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm

In my opinion we ashould have gone into administration last season

We could have had a clean sweep with the shit heads running our club

We are going into a new season - No Players, still no money , Wankers running our club

Depressing scenario

SACK THE f*cking BOARD PLEASE :oops:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:09 pm

No I don't want them here but with the position they are in it's noy going to be easy to get rid of them unfortunately.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm

No they're not football people and I'm not confident they can get us out of the mess we're in. All doom and gloom at the moment.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm

If they put money into the Club (seems as they are on the board) then yes.

If, as they seem to be doing, they put fook all into our Club then No, they can fook off.

I don't care what background they come from, Rugby, snooker, dogging, as long as they put our Club 1st it's fine with me.
Last edited by KyleV on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm

no we need football men

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

1,000,000 % NO
long term ones just there to rob the assets
short term ones not suitable

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Get them all away asap!

Hall and Guy have made a bucket load already off the sale of land and the loan they leant us!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:22 pm

No they dont know what there doing!
Why are MOST rugby people arrogant twats?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 pm

No. Simple reason. They are too apathetic. They stood back as our club almost died last season and even now they refuse to get involved properly. I would love a Dave Whelan character to come here. Someone who has a vested interest but who also sees our success as a personal mission.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:43 pm

No, because they are egg chases, but I am not sure Sam is the answer either, We need a football man with no history to us, but I understand your reasons for wanting Sam back. 8-)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:59 pm

No, we need people that understand Football. NOT rugby men. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Answer: No

Reason: All 3 are only interested in what they can get out of Cardiff City, not what they can put in. 2 of them are in it for the Money, and are more interested in what our tenants are doing. The other has no idea how to run a football club with the potential of ours, and no idea how to handle contracts and transfers, and two busy making his mark on our football club, instead of concentrating on what our dream is, Premiership Football.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:11 pm

its Funny how Sludge/TLG or Claude HAVE NOT ANSWERED THIS THREAD hmm :D :D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

no i dont want them here. i want football men.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:22 pm

no i dont..... they are more interested in what they can get out of the club, but in today's business world are they any different to anyone else.....

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:25 pm

NO COMEBACK SAM :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Annis.

You can''t seriously answer this without knowing the alternative.

Right now there isn't one.

Its them, or nothing. Those who are answering 'no' realise that if they walked and demanded their money tomorrow there is a good chance that we'd be in admin ?

Until they are all paid off.

They more liekly than not DO want to make money out of the club, its a business, but then thats what virtually anybody would do in the same position -especially when they are owed £9m,

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Annis.

Its them, or nothing. Those who are answering 'no' realise that if they walked and demanded their money tomorrow there is a good chance that we'd be in admin ?

They more liekly than not DO want to make money out of the club, its a business, but then thats what virtually anybody would do in the same position -especially when they are owed £9m,

Please Answer Tim, Do you want them here at Our Club ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Interesting question that Annis....

Right, they are Rugby boys with no interest in Cardiff City Football Club whatsoever apart from it being a very useful 'vehicle' to help exploit their own land, property and development businesses to make an absolute fortune.....RISK FREE.

Cleverly they operated in the knowledge that whilst seemingly loaning the club money, they were fully aware that the club asset they enabled (the stadium) whilst creaming it on the shopping units was (via secured creditor status) always going to be able, along with player sales, to ensure they were paid back in full on their £9m+ loan to us.

Look, they are, in this case, 100% great businessmen who spotted a 'no lose' dead cert - that is without question.

However, now that the land pot has been royally raped they'd much rather disappear with their loan paid back pronto thank you very much, especially as their stooge 'Pete the fibber' has crawled back under his rock.

In summary then, and in answer to your question, NO.

It appears Sam by comparison didn't look at CCFC as a pure business opportunity - If he had, then the £24m would have been secured rather than unsecured. I don't think he saw himself leaving the club, or waiting 5 years too many to get the stadium approved which cleaned him and the club out.

On that question then, ie Sam, in summary...YES :ayatollah: He played it like any fan would - They (the eggers) played it like any businessman with no blind passion for the club would.... That, quite simply is the fundamental difference here.

Let's just hope TG and VT see it somewhere in the middle, as passion for the club and business acumen to make a profit out of the club are actually not mutually exclusive.

Peter

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Isn't that answer enough Annis ?

Besides which I don't know any of them personally, if i did I could make a judgement.

There ARE two sides to the story - remember when Guy was getting ripped apart prior to the EGM. Steve Davies insisted it was Guy who was keeping the club alive.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Isn't that answer enough Annis ?

Besides which I don't know any of them personally, if i did I could make a judgement.

There ARE two sides to the story - remember when Guy was getting ripped apart prior to the EGM. Steve Davies insisted it was Guy who was keeping the club alive.

Ok, But surely you admit they are not here for the Football Club ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

No to the rugby men listed.

Alan Whitley is a Cardiff fan and football man though so yes.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:QUESTION ?

Do you want "PAUL GUY/MIKE HALL/ALAN WHITLEY and GETHIN JENKINS" RUNNING OUR FOOTBALL CLUB CARDIFF CITY ?

Forget about anyone else, YES or NO and Reasons Please

NO!

To be succesful you have ot believe in what you're doing.

and they're just eggy sheepies that just love rugby

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:48 pm

No we need people who have knowledge of football, and equally a passion for football running our club.

JBBJ

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Ok, But surely you admit they are not here for the Football Club ?[/quote]

Annis, I wish I knew for sure.

My guess.

Jenkins is almost certainly here for his career, but as its his full-time job then thats not necesarily a bad thing.

Hall I'm almost certain has no time for the fans and is only here because of 'business'

Guy, i'm not so sure of, I'm certain he has benefitted from hias association, but he Borley and Whitley are the only local guys to have had the balls to step in.

Whitley isn't an egg-chaser, but again I'm sure he's done well, bearing in mind HE was the one who brought the Malaysians to the table then yes, I'm happy he's here, although i get the feeling he doesn't get too involved day-to-day.