Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"EXCLUSIVE "- THE LATEST NEWS

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 pm

I learned today that matters regarding the Chopra deal, which I have reported on here before, could possibly take a turn for the worse, I am told that the £1.5 million outstanding was due to be paid to Sunderland today and this payment has not been paid and the club now know that there is every possibility that the club could be placed under a transfer embargo by the FA if the payment is not paid immediately.

In another twist, Ledley's deal to Stoke was unable to be completed today as the deal being offered by Stoke ( 2 players plus cash ) was being handled this side by Gethin Jenkins but the talks broke down with Jenkins and Steve Borley ( on holiday in Spain ) has had to step in and deal with Stoke himself, negotiations will continue tomorrow. City are telling Stoke to pay cash and this will then be used to settle with Sunderland the Chopra deal.

There has been much debate on here regarding the latest Langston agreement, whether it is signed off and how the terms of payments work. I will try to explain so everyone understands and we are clear on it as I have learned more about the subject today. There is an agreement in place and it has been signed but this is an interim agreement that expires on 31.12.2010. This interim agreement was done to help with the Malaysian investment. In the interim agreement it is stated that Langston will receive a payment of £83k every month in 2010 and the total amount to settle in full will be £10 million if paid before 31.12.2010. However if the club fail to pay any of the monthly repayments, unless they have settled in full of course, then they have breached the agreement and it reverts the figure back to £24 million. Now there is an agreement in place, that was expected to be signed post the play off final which is the agreement we were led to believe was in place, the one that says the figure becomes £11 million in 2011, £12 million in 2012 and so on but this has never signed off and this would and should have been the final legally binding contract. I understand that the club has not kept up with the monthly payments so therefore Langston could demand £24 million now but I am told that is not the position of Langston at this time, they are remaining patient but through Sam Hammam will look to find an amicable agreement with the club. Langston are not threatening the club thankfully or applying any pressure but are hopeful that the now known meeting between Sam and TG finds a solution that is practical, manageable and for the good of the club.

On the subject of Sam Hammam returning to the club, there is quite a divide within the club. There are some who claim will never work with Sam again, others who may, and others who want him in now.

Steve Borley says " I will speak with him, if he has the money to put in "

Mike Hall " In no way will I work with Sam "

Paul Guy ( as above )

Alan Whitely is as previously sitting on the fence.

Michael Issacs very much wants Sam in the club.

Gethin Jenkins will not work witht the media at present and neither would he work with Sam.

It will be interesting what the Malaysians make of the situation when they meet with Sam to discuss the Langston loan note and any other business that may arise.

On a positive note, all the wages have now been paid, including Peter Ridsdales final monthly salary from us, but surely this cant go on each and every month.

Exclusive to http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Re: "EXCLUSIVE "- THE LATEST NEWS

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:49 pm

thanks carl :ayatollah: keeping us upto date

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Defo a power struggle going on and the Malaysians are playing a blinder :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 pm

The chopra situation not looking to clever tho :cry:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 pm

I reckon the Malaysians are playing everybody i.e the Eggers, Sam (Langstone) and any neutrals - these are very shrewd people and have been through this process many times albeit not with a football club.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 pm

carl, is jenkins bricking it having to negotiate with stoke ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Bang up to date Carl. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:01 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:carl, is jenkins bricking it having to negotiate with stoke ?

Well Borley had to step in.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Who were the 2 players ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Who were the 2 players ?

Michael Tonge is one

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Surely the Malaysians were aware of the Chopra payment when they came in.

Where did they expect the money to come from?

Did they seriously expect the egg boys to start dipping into their pockets?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Risdale emailed a reply to me some time ago when I asked him if the 1st month had been paid.
he replied yes.lol.
From the clubs point of view they had money coming in and not to pay the 83k a month seems a bit stupid.
Now TG has paid the wages again. Why pay the wages but miss payments to Langston and then buy shares in the club?
I would have thought Langston would have been a priority.
I'm not calling anyone a liar but something doesn't ring true here.
I can see WBA or Wolves nipping in for Ledley.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 pm

stickywicket wrote:Risdale emailed a reply to me some time ago when I asked him if the 1st month had been paid.
he replied yes.lol.
From the clubs point of view they had money coming in and not to pay the 83k a month seems a bit stupid.
Now TG has paid the wages again. Why pay the wages but miss payments to Langston and then buy shares in the club?
I would have thought Langston would have been a priority.
I'm not calling anyone a liar but something doesn't ring true here.
I can see WBA or Wolves nipping in for Ledley.

The payments to Langston were missed prior to the Malaysian investment.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

I realise that still a bit strange to miss payments .
Is ther miss information being put out by someone lol

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm

stickywicket wrote:I realise that still a bit strange to miss payments .

Not me.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Not me.

So who are the two players????

Michael Tonge?????

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:26 pm

bluebirds80 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Not me.

So who are the two players????

Michael Tonge?????

Dont Know.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Not me.

I wasn't referring to you.
Alls fair in love and war.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 pm

So if "Langston" are able to immediately claim their £24m due to missed payments, why on earth would they prefer to leave the amount at £10m?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 pm

NJ73 wrote:So if "Langston" are able to immediately claim their £24m due to missed payments, why on earth would they prefer to leave the amount at £10m?

Because they are honourable possibly ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 pm

stickywicket wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Not me.

I wasn't referring to you.
Alls fair in love and war.

I know but I forgot the smily :D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:So if "Langston" are able to immediately claim their £24m due to missed payments, why on earth would they prefer to leave the amount at £10m?

Because they are honourable possibly ?

To the tune of losing out on £14m? There's honourable and there's ridiculous.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 pm

"the club has not kept up with the monthly payments"
SOUNDS LIKE RISDALE TO ME :D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Hammam, honourable!!!

Oh please, I can't stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 pm

One flaw in Sam's plan.
Whether it's £10,£11 0r £24 million it's still unsecured debt.
Where the club to be put into administration Sam [sorry Langston]
would be looking at 20 p in the £ .
That's £4.8 million at best .
I'd imagine TG knows this.
However this phoney war does not help our club, and certainly pisses us fans off.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Because they would have to go through the courts to get it.

And we all saw how well they did last time.

Carl, can you answer this, why is the figure now £24m, when the previous agreement reduced it to £15m.

How did people like Whitley, Borley, Guy, VT , TG etc.. get suckered into this '2 agreements' scenario ?

Why wasn't this told to the shareholders at the EGM ?

Thats the problem, and always has been, each piece of info. brings more questions.

As for Chopra, why was it reported at£2m - £500k p.a., both by Ridsdale (eventually), but also Sunderland and now not only £1m more in total, but having to be paid faster ? Were these reports incorrect, or has something triggerred the extra/enhanced payment ?

Coming to Sam, I've got an open mind, some good (like if he actually does put £12m in, and/or reduce the debt - below £10m, or below £24 !!, who knows with the spin Mr H is capable of), some bad in that it could mean us having to pay just as much out -to Borley, Isaacs (I'm VERY suprised he wants Sam back, he was at war with him a few years back, and I'm sure his support wouldnt last). and PMG. THEN how long before Sam falls out with TG/VT when he can't get his own way.

You guys know him better than me, but I saw enough to be VERY VERY wary.

You all know what he is like, so I'm suprised to see virtual UNCONDITIONAL support form all his previous 'inner circle'.

Annis, I'm suprised at you as well as you have repeatedly said you REGRETTED getting close to Sam before, but seem determined to go nback for more.

Please take this constuctively lads, I know you love this club as much as me, but I can't see this working.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

In which case Carl's assumption that they could immediately claim their £24m is incorrect?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

In which case Carl's assumption that they could immediately claim their £24m is incorrect?

They could claim it, but also get told to f'ck off.

can you see the club handing over the £24m ??

TBH I just wish that the Malaysians would offer £8m today, plus a box for the next 20 years and move on, but thats not looking likely either.

Maybe thats what TG will do when they meet ;)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 pm

So we haven't paid for Chops and are almost under an embargo - surely we can't shift players out in that case as well as now being unable to bring any in ?

If this does get sorted tomorrow then how sad that Ledley has gone (to pay old debts) and no cash is left to pay for anybody else to come in - What a fecking mess our ex Chairman has made of things.

Carl assuming Ledley goes tomorrow and we pay for Chopra - was the deal with Stoke for 2 players plus enough money to pay for Chops or are we taking another even lower cash price for Ledley with no players.

I think we all knew Ledley was a gonner but if we got Tonge and AN Other (Sidibe say) and Chops is then paid for things could look oh so rosier tomorrow.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:35 pm

dorsetblue wrote:So we haven't paid for Chops and are almost under an embargo - surely we can't shift players out in that case as well as now being unable to bring any in ?

If this does get sorted tomorrow then how sad that Ledley has gone (to pay old debts) and no cash is left to pay for anybody else to come in - What a fecking mess our ex Chairman has made of things.

Carl assuming Ledley goes tomorrow and we pay for Chopra - was the deal with Stoke for 2 players plus enough money to pay for Chops or are we taking another even lower cash price for Ledley with no players.

I think we all knew Ledley was a gonner but if we got Tonge and AN Other (Sidibe say) and Chops is then paid for things could look oh so rosier tomorrow.

Sidebe :o

Noooooooooooooooooooo !

But you are right, if we pick up 2 tidy players plus a bit of cash to pay some debts off then its not all bad.

I'd also do that with Chopra if its as bad as it looks.

Slle him for £4m and spend the £2m on 2-3 decent players, putting the other money aside to pay a bit more off.

If thats what needs doing, then so be it.