Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"PETER RIDSDALE and DAVE JONES"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:40 pm

They were Both WASHED UP IN FOOTBALL, Whether they WERE GUILTY or NOT, BOTH HAD BAD NAMES.
Whilst SAM WAS CHAIRMAN HE GAVE THEM BOTH JOBS and A CHANCE BACK IN TO FOOTBALL, He got stabbed in the back for it, BUT put that to one side, THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE BACK IN TO THE GAME, WHEN NO ONE WOULD TOUCH EITHER WITH A BARGE POLL.

You fans accepted them ?

Re: "PETER RIDSDALE and DAVE JONES"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Could say the same about Sam Hamman, washed up after what he done to Wimbledon but we accepted him, then he fucked us over. And now you and others want him back!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

I'm sorry but I don't agree with you there about Dave Jones, I think we were very lucky to get him

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

And where would we be now if we had not accepted sam :?: ill tell you where playing wrexham next season

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Sam had his chance he left and almost made us out of buisness before signing it over to Ridsdale. I think it would be a terrible move

Can't believe someone would accept him back. Ridsdale is still involved with the club just to let you know for a few weeks as a consultant

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:49 pm

BLUEBIRD wrote:I'm sorry but I don't agree with you there about Dave Jones, I think we were very lucky to get him

Because nobody else was offering him a job.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:52 pm

nerd wrote:
BLUEBIRD wrote:I'm sorry but I don't agree with you there about Dave Jones, I think we were very lucky to get him

Because nobody else was offering him a job.

plenty of others haven't been offered jobs in years e.g curbishly and many others who were out of the game for years then came back into a job don't see your point with jones. Jones imo has done well to stick with the city while all his players have been sold he's been stuck to the bargain basement

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They were Both WASHED UP IN FOOTBALL, Wether they WERE GUILTY or NOT, BOTH HAD BAD NAMES.
Whilst SAM WAS CHAIRMAN HE GAVE THEM BOTH JOBS and A CHANCE BACK IN TO FOOTBALL, He got stabbed in the back for it, BUT put that to one side, THEY WERE GIVEN A CHANCE BACK IN TO THE GAME, WHEN NO ONE WOULD TOUCH EITHER WITH A BARGE POLL.

You fans accepted them ?

You are spot on with PR but not Jones.

I know you don't like DJ and that's fair enough as an opinion, but the rest of the football world seem to rate him very highly. I am a convert after last season. The team and club was on it's knees in Jan/Feb and he rallied them and got us to Wembley. OK it ended poorly but in Jan/Feb there were very few of us who thought we would finish in the top 6 never mind get to the final.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm

gavocity wrote:Could say the same about Sam Hamman, washed up after what he done to Wimbledon but we accepted him, then he fucked us over. And now you and others want him back!

What a silly thing to say. You obviously don't remember when he came in. At the time several club's were linked to Sam, he had his choice, that's a fact.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Iv followed city for 40 years and never did i ever think i would see us at wembley.never mind 3 times.sam started the dream and i thank him for that.when sam took us over we were going nowhere fast at least he gave us hope

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:04 pm

I was sat about 15 yards from Sam at the last game he attended at Ninian.
he looked as if he had lost a family relative.
We all make mistakes.
We've got a shed full of debt.
However if Sam had never came to City there would be no Club to have had the shed full of debt.
TG & VT dont want to take full control of the club.
If they did they would buy another 15% to take them to 51%.
So they need to come to some sort of argeemment with Sam.
Personally I'd welcome Sam back.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:17 pm

earnieblue wrote:And where would we be now if we had not accepted sam :?: ill tell you where playing wrexham next season

How do you know?

Look at Blackpool, bet they never thought they'd get to the Premier League when they were in the lower leagues with us.

Now they are in the premier league without breaking the bank and getting into millions of pounds of debt.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Annis, I don't think Jonesy was all that washed up. I have personally backed him from the off. I think he is a good manager and done well with what we've got. OK we have our dips in form but I personally think he has done well.

Riddler on the other hand. I've never backed the c**t. Why Sam brought him in I'll never know. The man took Leeds to the brink then Barnsley. For that I never wanted him at our club. I'm thankful he's gone and never ever want him back in Wales let alone Cardiff.

Sam though I think we will be going backwards. OK he got us out of the duldrums and got us promoted twice (and I thank him for that), but I think his time has gone.
As most of his supporters say that we don't know the full story then perhaps we should, as then and only then can we make our own minds up.

At the moment, I feel it's getting like it was before. The For Sam and the Against Sam supporters.
We need to come together and support this great club. There is infighting within the club now lets not let that happen with us supporters aswell.

Blooooobirds!!!! :ayatollah:
Last edited by KyleV on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:22 pm

We are always told how great Ridsdale and Jones are. If that's so f*cking true how come in 5 years no other bigger club hasn't whisked them away?

Ramsey, Johnson, Collins and Loovens have all gone onto bigger and better things, but the gruesome twosome?

There must be some reason why they are not wanted elsewhere.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 pm

gavocity wrote:Could say the same about Sam Hamman, washed up after what he done to Wimbledon but we accepted him, then he fucked us over. And now you and others want him back!

NO YOU CANT AS WE WERE WASHED UP AND NO ONE WANTED US. OR WERE YOU NOT SUPPORTING US YEARS AGO ??

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Sam fucked up with us-no one can argue. However he had passion for football and certainly raised our profile. Who knows where we'd be if it wasnt for him. No academy, no ground possibly.

Sam's biggest mistake was employing that tw*t from Yorkshire.

If he came back i'd welcome him back as long as he had no control over the finances.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm

KyleV wrote:Annis, I don't think Jonesy was all that washed up. I have personally backed him from the off. I think he is a good manager and done well with what we've got. OK we have our dips in form but I personally think he has done well.

Riddler on the other hand. I've never backed the c**t. Why Sam brought him in I'll never know. The man took Leeds to the brink then Barnsley. For that I never wanted him at our club. I'm thankful he's gone and never ever want him back in Wales let alone Cardiff.

Sam though I think we will be going backwards. OK he got us out of the duldrums and got us promoted twice (and I thank him for that), but I think his time has gone.
As most of his supporters say that we don't know the full story then perhaps we should, as then and only then can we make our own minds up.

At the moment, I feel it's getting like it was before. The For Sam and the Against Sam supporters.
We need to come together and support this great club. There is infighting within the club now lets not let that happen with us supporters aswell.

Because of his Court cases, No Club would touch him.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They were Both WASHED UP IN FOOTBALL, Wether they WERE GUILTY or NOT, BOTH HAD BAD NAMES.

You fans accepted them ?

i accepted jones because hes a good manager with a good track record.

risdale on the other hand was here wheather i liked it or not

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:19 pm

murphy wrote:

You fans accepted them ?

i accepted jones because hes a good manager with a good track record.

risdale on the other hand was here wheather i liked it or not

I know but other clubs were not willing to give Jones a chance, but Sam did.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:29 pm

No one really knows where we'd be had Hammam not stepped in when he did.

We may have folded, carried on in the lower/non leagues or been taken over by somebody else.

What we do know is that Hammam achieved a lot - promotions, academy and the initial work on our new ground.

What we also know is that he left us in a mountain of debt that continues to haunt us due to his gross financial mismanagement.

We were warned at the time by Wimbledon fans who he totally shafted. We didn't listen, and nearly paid the ultimate price. We may still do.

As for stating that Jones is "washed up" well, after the achievments of last season that comment is laughable and pathetic.

Mind you, I should expect nothing less from Hammams spokesman on here!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Claude Blue wrote:No one really knows where we'd be had Hammam not stepped in when he did.

We may have folded, carried on in the lower/non leagues or been taken over by somebody else.

What we do know is that Hammam achieved a lot - promotions, academy and the initial work on our new ground.

What we also know is that he left us in a mountain of debt that continues to haunt us due to his gross financial mismanagement.

We were warned at the time by Wimbledon fans who he totally shafted. We didn't listen, and nearly paid the ultimate price. We may still do.

As for stating that Jones is "washed up" well, after the achievments of last season that comment is laughable and pathetic.

Mind you, I should expect nothing less from Hammams spokesman on here!!

THANKYOU Claude, I DIDNT KNOW, I HAVE A NEW JOB ? :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

NO YOU CANT AS WE WERE WASHED UP AND NO ONE WANTED US. OR WERE YOU NOT SUPPORTING US YEARS AGO ??

Yes i can, you dont agree but its my opinion. And i did support the City years ago so what are you getting at??? You dont even know me but I know you like to slate people who only supported us since we got into Championship and call them glory hunters but thats one thing i am not so dont even attempt to go down that road with me.

Forever Blue wrote:They were Both WASHED UP IN FOOTBALL, Whether they WERE GUILTY or NOT, BOTH HAD BAD NAMES.

You fans accepted them ?

So the point your making in your original post is the fact we accepted Ridsdale and Jones even though they had bad names, or have i misunderstood??? Well Sam had a bad name before he came to us after Wimbledon and i know a few fans were sceptical about him but we accepted him. Whats the difference then??? How am i wrong in my original post??

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
KyleV wrote:Annis, I don't think Jonesy was all that washed up. I have personally backed him from the off. I think he is a good manager and done well with what we've got. OK we have our dips in form but I personally think he has done well.

Thats not true, he took Wolves to the Premiership after all that< he has never been out of a managers job longer then a year
He was never washed up, why do you hate him so much? there isnt many people who could do the job as good as he has.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 pm

kingdong wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thats not true, he took Wolves to the Premiership after all that< he has never been out of a managers job longer then a year
He was never washed up, why do you hate him so much? there isnt many people who could do the job as good as he has.

Jones is a goodish manager but he bottles the big games. Had he played Gerard instead of Hudson and brought Ross on for Jay we could be in the premier league.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:19 pm

Because of his Court cases, No Club would touch him.[/quote]

He was never washed up, why do you hate him so much? there isnt many people who could do the job as good as he has.[/quote]
Jones is a goodish manager but he bottles the big games. Had he played Gerard instead of Hudson and brought Ross on for Jay we could be in the premier league.[/quote]
Or maybe that would of gone wrong as well, we might of got hammerd if that happend who knows. We might be in the premier league if marshall wasnt jumping around the box like a cricket trying to come for that corner as well. Or if chopra kept the ball down by just an inch and it went under the bar instead of hitting it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They were Both WASHED UP IN FOOTBALL, Whether they WERE GUILTY or NOT, BOTH HAD BAD NAMES.

You fans accepted them ?

I am in no way the biggest fan of DJ but to even suggest there is any doubt about him being completely exonerated of any blame in the fabricated charges bought against him is beneath contempt. If you want to have a go by all means do it but this type of cheap jibe is disgraceful.

For the record all charges against him were dropped in December 2000 and on 3rd January 2001 he was employed by Wolverhampton Wanderers a club he was later to achieve promotion to the Premier League. Whilst in the PL he was given only £4m to spend on players and his small squad was badly affected by season long injuries to Joleon Lescott and Matt Murrey.

He did eventually lose his job at Wolves after Jax Moxley decided he could get someone better, but Glen Hoddle lasted 5 minutes in comparison. I know many Wolves fans who hold DJ in the highest regard and that speak volumes in my book.

As I said at the start and I have many concerns about DJ mainly relating to man management and tactical competence but I have absolutely no doubt he works his balls off for this club, sadly sometimes that isn't enough.

Whatever he deserves better than this disgraceful personal attack, much better.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Was Peter Ridsdale washed up yes. After disastrous spells at Barnsley and Leeds ofcourse he was.
Dave Jones No. IMO DJ is one of if not THE best manager in the championship. Just look at last season, With such a small squad, Terrible financial difficulties and injuries etc getting to Wembley was still a fantastic feat. Even though is tactical awareness and man management is poor to average he is still a fantastic manager. And to do this with us and gain promotion with Wolves etc after the horrific ordeal he went through speaks volume of the man.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Well said castleblue.

Some people here are sinking into the gutter with their comments, particularly about Dave Jones.

The surprising thing is that their hero, Sam Hammam appointed him!!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Well said castleblue.

Some people here are sinking into the gutter with their comments, particularly about Dave Jones.

The surprising thing is that their hero, Sam Hammam appointed him!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here but SH also gave Bobby Gould a job, now if you want to talk about washed up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Not to mention Alan Cork and Lennie Lawrence.

Fine men but hardly world beaters.

His best appointment by miles was Dave Jones.

He obviously wants him out now because his disciples have turned on DJ.