Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thanks To Baker

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:23 pm

for that brilliant challenge on me last night - straight through from behind and sent me flying in the air

Out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage - Told you last night you should know better the standard we both play at you dont get challenges like that - I will say at half time i was well pissed with you and your old man might have heard me saying I was going to nail you with 5 minutes to go - maybe thats why you were taken off the pitch but I want to say to you and your old man I ain't that sort of person and football does the talking 4 - 1 say no more and you had a poor game :lol:

You enjoy your pre season training wont you !

;)

Re: Thanks To Baker

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Dobbin wrote:for that brilliant challenge on me last night - straight through from behind and sent me flying in the air

Out for three weeks with ankle ligament damage - Told you last night you should know better the standard we both play at you dont get challenges like that - I will say at half time i was well pissed with you and your old man might have heard me saying I was going to nail you with 5 minutes to go - maybe thats why you were taken off the pitch but I want to say to you and your old man I ain't that sort of person and football does the talking 4 - 1 say no more and you had a poor game :lol:

;)

He had trials for loads of teams though, he is awesome... ;)

Unlucky about the ankle though mate, hope you aint out for too long.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:29 pm

Atleast your still better than heskey mate, dodgey ankle or not :lol:

You led us to victory! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:49 pm

andi_cardiff wrote:
Dobbin wrote:for that brilliant challenge on me last night - straight through from behind and sent me flying in the air

;)

He had trials for loads of teams though, he is awesome... ;) Unlucky about the ankle though mate, hope you aint out for too long.

AND none of them wanted him i take it - dirty players get spotted and attitude shows through as well its not all about ball/skill abilty!

Dobbs - i got me hot oils out ready for ya well deserved massage - and I am glad you were the man about things yesterday on the pitch and held back from battering him! lol

:D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:58 pm

To be fair to Baker it wasn't an awful tackle, injuries happen in football. For him to play when people are whispering in his ear about killing him and threads on here talking about breaking his legs shows that he is no 'keyboard warrior'.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Dudders wrote:To be fair to Baker it wasn't an awful tackle, injuries happen in football. For him to play when people are whispering in his ear about killing him and threads on here talking about breaking his legs shows that he is no 'keyboard warrior'.

key board warrior thats how all the problems started :lol:

as i said to baker lastnight he doesnt seem the worst kid in the world, just someone who likes to wind people up and be the centre of attention!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm

To be fair to him the ball was there for the taking you just put your leg in front of the ball as he went to make the challenge.

Sorry about your ankle but I thought he went for the ball and I was right next to him while he made it. You'll be back to see when we win 10-0 next time ;) :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:13 pm

to be fair i saw no quality to warrent trials

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm

Be over now Jez for that hot oil rub - Maybe Claire could join us as well - A DOUBLE RUB :oops: ;)

Baker actually said after it was a bad challenge to me during the game - I dont hold it against him been around too long in the game jusat frustrasted as my pre season starts next week - well dont start now :o

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

well if we are talking about a hot oil massarge of clair and jez im starting to feel a bit of pain

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Dobbin wrote:Be over now Jez for that hot oil rub - Maybe Claire could join us as well - A DOUBLE RUB :oops: ;)

Baker actually said after it was a bad challenge to me during the game - I dont hold it against him been around too long in the game jusat frustrasted as my pre season starts next week - well dont start now :o

It was a bad challenge, but because the ground was so hard when I slit it slowed me down therefore made me go into you and not the ball as I did time it so I'd get the ball.

I'm not a malicious player in any way I don't find taking people out fun, at all.

As for not having any quality on display, if you're 18 years old and you're playing against a bunch of grown, strong, men that are threatening you throughout the game then yes, it is difficult to showcase your abilities when you're fearing for your safety.

I hear a lot of things said about me, and for my old man to hear these things non-stop was not nice. As Dudders has said, my tackle wasn't horrible and I did shake your hand whereas your initial reaction was to go for me, you carried on playing fine and you even shook my hand.

It got so bad that I didn't even want to legally jostle with any of your players because it seemed as if, if I touched them I got an earful of "You do that again, and I'll f*cking kill you" which is just one example.

For what I've done on here, friendly wind-ups, this sort of threats are unacceptable to be honest, though most of your team I got on with and were top lads.

Have fun playing each other at Leckwith guys, and thanks again Jayne for all of your hard work.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:48 pm

baker.
draw a line under it.

you even admit most of this was brought on by yourself, and you willingness to agravate members of this board.
no one tried to kill you, my knife stayed in my sock ;) :lol:

it was a good game a good laugh, and 22 or more CARDIFF CITY FANS had a good evening and met one another.

forget it and move on!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:49 pm

milly44 wrote:baker.
draw a line under it.

you even admit most of this was brought on by yourself, and you willingness to agravate members of this board.

it was a good game a good laugh, and 22 or more CARDIFF CITY FANS had a good evening and met one another.

forget it and move on!

:shock:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm

baker wrote:
milly44 wrote:baker.
draw a line under it.

forget it and move on!

:shock:

ok before anyone takes this the wrong way, it was only a small knife :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

baker wrote:
Dobbin wrote:Be over now Jez for that hot oil rub - Maybe Claire could join us as well - A DOUBLE RUB :oops: ;)

It was a bad challenge, but because the ground was so hard when I slit it slowed me down therefore made me go into you and not the ball as I did time it so I'd get the ball.

I'm not a malicious player in any way I don't find taking people out fun, at all.

As for not having any quality on display, if you're 18 years old and you're playing against a bunch of grown, strong, men that are threatening you throughout the game then yes, it is difficult to showcase your abilities when you're fearing for your safety.

I hear a lot of things said about me, and for my old man to hear these things non-stop was not nice. As Dudders has said, my tackle wasn't horrible and I did shake your hand whereas your initial reaction was to go for me, you carried on playing fine and you even shook my hand.

It got so bad that I didn't even want to legally jostle with any of your players because it seemed as if, if I touched them I got an earful of "You do that again, and I'll f*cking kill you" which is just one example.

For what I've done on here, friendly wind-ups, this sort of threats are unacceptable to be honest, though most of your team I got on with and were top lads.

Have fun playing each other at Leckwith guys, and thanks again Jayne for all of your hard work.

Baker

Read between the lines will you

Was just saying about the challenge and yes lost it at the time but that because there was no need - I was just frustrated at half time because i knew i had done damage - If you look at my post you will see I was trying to say that it was out of order and there was no intention

For other people to have pop then that is out of order

You seem like a decent player and you will know what I said to you on the pitch yesterday

No hard feelings mate - Football does the talking

All the best for pre season

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm

I thought this was suppose to be a pre - friendly match ready for the big charity game?
i have read all the things that have been said and i can see two sides of it, Even if Baker did gob off which is what everyt young lad does do even grown men do it, surely it didnt have to get to the stage where he was threatened?

Baker came to the game its not as if he shyed away and he played.....i actually thought everyone got on (but i suppose i werent on the pitch to see everything that was going on) But all tackles surely are genuinely accidental? It happens everywhere in football, the ref then gives a penallty or a red/yellow card end of....so why is there still nastyness going on?

Baker are you not gonna come & play at this big charity match then?
All i can say is boys will be boys its suppose to be freindly & fun oh! and enjoyable....bit of banter but nothing O/T !!!!!

If its going to be like this perhaps i should just throw the towel in and cancel it, i thought both teeams were great and CCMB you are a bunch of nice guys and you all took it well when you lost So thank you for coming down and it was great meeting everybody!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm

All the best to you too, Dobbin.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm

hughesygirl wrote:I thought this was suppose to be a pre - friendly match ready for the big charity game?
i have read all the things that have been said and i can see two sides of it, Even if Baker did gob off which is what everyt young lad does do even grown men do it, surely it didnt have to get to the stage where he was threatened?

Baker came to the game its not as if he shyed away and he played.....i actually thought everyone got on (but i suppose i werent on the pitch to see everything that was going on) But all tackles surely are genuinely accidental? It happens everywhere in football, the ref then gives a penallty or a red/yellow card end of....so why is there still nastyness going on?

Baker are you not gonna come & play at this big charity match then?
All i can say is boys will be boys its suppose to be freindly & fun oh! and enjoyable....bit of banter but nothing O/T !!!!!

If its going to be like this perhaps i should just throw the towel in and cancel it, i thought both teeams were great and CCMB you are a bunch of nice guys and you all took it well when you lost So thank you for coming down and it was great meeting everybody!

No don't throw in the towel, definitely don't do that my post may have over exaggerated it a bit, there was only a couple of threats but obviously nothing was done so it was just men being men.

I can't play because, as I told Hughesybloke yesterday after the game that its too far for me to travel for a one off game, its just me that can't come but I'll still help out as much as I can from my laptop here!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:14 pm

What goes on the pitch stays on the pitch, I once wound a player up by sticking my finger up by bum to put him off, doesnt mean I want to do it off the pitch, even if he was a handsome bugger!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

andi_cardiff wrote:What goes on the pitch stays on the pitch, I once wound a player up by sticking my finger up by bum to put him off, doesnt mean I want to do it off the pitch, even if he was a handsome bugger!

did you play at the back for ccmb last night?
if so il make sure i play up front in the next game ;) :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:24 pm

milly44 wrote:
andi_cardiff wrote:What goes on the pitch stays on the pitch, I once wound a player up by sticking my finger up by bum to put him off, doesnt mean I want to do it off the pitch, even if he was a handsome bugger!

I was playing left back, the tall one ;)

milly44 wrote:

Our star left back :D

milly44 wrote:

Thats abit harsh? :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 pm

BluebirdWalker wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Thats abit harsh? :lol:

I got long fingers, you have to use any asset you can!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:34 pm

I thought yesterday was all banter. I thought Baker did himself proud to turn up after the abuse, even if he cranked it up pre-game. I also think he did well not to completely lose his head with the stick he got but none of it, in my opinion, was malicious. If anyone did say something spiteful then that was out of line.

I thought the Baker banter added to the occasion and I know most, if not all, on our team were glad he turned up and in fairness it took balls to do it.

It's a shame you can't make the real deal Baker because you're part of the showpiece with the banter etc. I hope you change your mind. Yes, you are a wind up merchant at times but I like that, you can take it as well as give it.

Like I said though, last night I didn't witness any malice from anyone so I hope there's no overreaction to anything because yesterday was a quality game of football in my eyes. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and meeting everyone. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Zabier wrote:I thought yesterday was all banter. I thought Baker did himself proud to turn up after the abuse, even if he cranked it up pre-game. I also think he did well not to completely lose his head with the stick he got but none of it, in my opinion, was malicious. If anyone did say something spiteful then that was out of line.

I thought the Baker banter added to the occasion and I know most, if not all, on our team were glad he turned up and in fairness it took balls to do it.

It's a shame you can't make the real deal Baker because you're part of the showpiece with the banter etc. I hope you change your mind. Yes, you are a wind up merchant at times but I like that, you can take it as well as give it.

Like I said though, last night I didn't witness any malice from anyone so I hope there's no overreaction to anything because yesterday was a quality game of football in my eyes. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and meeting everyone. :ayatollah:

I heard the groans of disappointment when I subbed myself and went off the pitch :lol: They were all hoping to do a Milly on me :(

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:45 pm

baker wrote:
Zabier wrote:I thought yesterday was all banter. I thought Baker did himself proud to turn up after the abuse, even if he cranked it up pre-game. I also think he did well not to completely lose his head with the stick he got but none of it, in my opinion, was malicious. If anyone did say something spiteful then that was out of line.

I heard the groans of disappointment when I subbed myself and went off the pitch :lol: They were all hoping to do a Milly on me :(

Yeah! Disappointment that the match was losing such a fine talent! :? :D

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

whats a milly :lol:
who wanted to that to you?
isit sexual? :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:50 pm

milly44 wrote:whats a milly :lol:

If you count knocking someone on their arse in a game of footy then sexual :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:52 pm

baker wrote:
milly44 wrote:whats a milly :lol:

If you count knocking someone on their arse in a game of footy then sexual :lol:

i was flirting :lol: