Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is this the end of the Eggers?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 am

Sam's imminent return surely signals the end of the eggers at Cardiff City Stadium. Comments???

Re: Is this the end of the Eggers?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:55 am

Comments - I FUCKIN HOPE SO!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 am

I think you are right! Seems to me the Malaysians have played the Eggers! They back them into a corner to see if they wanted to play ball but they didn't want to know, so the game is up for them!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:14 pm

can't wait to see the back of the egg chasers i dont trust them

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Iranians are the masters of chess but Malaysians are not far behind ;)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:05 pm

now that would be a result, i will personally take down the egg badge outside the stadium!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 pm

I think the damage was done before the eggers!!!!

Just a few facts.

Hamann overspending by living the dream.
Our retail in the next stadium being sold off.
Ridsdale screwing our club by taking hugh bonuses.
Not selling Ledley for 6 million quid.
Our club not being run like a business, just run for personal gain.

I think we are in this position without the eggers!!! :o :o

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Yes, may take a while but I think they are on their way...........

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:58 pm

So their shares and board representation are suddenly going to disappear into thin air are they?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 pm

the sooner they go the better :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:55 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Sam's imminent return surely signals the end of the eggers at Cardiff City Stadium. Comments???

Depends on a number of key points.

1) is a return of Sam Hammam in a major role at the club really imminent?

2) if he does return , how much cash would he bring in? Removing a liability to Langston (if he has the power to do so) by a conversion of debt to shares would be great but doesn`t generate any actual cash needed to fund day to day operations of the business.Remember the club has not been making any loan repayments to Langston so there is no cash saving to be made there either.

3) Who do you regard as "Eggers"? To pay off PMG alone would cost about £6m re the balance of their secured debt even if the club were to take up the option of converting a further £2.7m of their debt into shares (which would then leave them as the 2nd biggest shareholders). If you include A Whiteley and several other sizeable shareholders who are all friends or close business contacts of PMG`s owners , that would add more £m of share purchases to buy them out.

Keith

Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:03 pm

since62 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Sam's imminent return surely signals the end of the eggers at Cardiff City Stadium. Comments???

Depends on a number of key points.

1) is a return of Sam Hammam in a major role at the club really imminent?

2) if he does return , how much cash would he bring in? Removing a liability to Langston (if he has the power to do so) by a conversion of debt to shares would be great but doesn`t generate any actual cash needed to fund day to day operations of the business.Remember the club has not been making any loan repayments to Langston so there is no cash saving to be made there either.

3) Who do you regard as "Eggers"? To pay off PMG alone would cost about £6m re the balance of their secured debt even if the club were to take up the option of converting a further £2.7m of their debt into shares (which would then leave them as the 2nd biggest shareholders). If you include A Whiteley and several other sizeable shareholders who are all friends or close business contacts of PMG`s owners , that would add more £m of share purchases to buy them out.

Keith

Lets be fair the figures you are quoting are small beans to the Malaysians. It is quite obvious PMG and co do not intend to share the burden. Is it not the Malaysians who continue to pay the wages? As for Sam, personally I wouldn't want him here but it seems there is a high percentage possibility that he will return to the club in some capacity and likely to be by a conversion of debt to shares. He holds a good hand really. Does he have money to invest? I doubt it, not his own money anyway :lol: If that were not acceptable to the Malaysians then coming to some agreement to clear the Langstone debt must surely be a top priority. Then of course there is the vacuum on the football side of things we really need a football man in the club. Is Sam that man? I don't want him here but would not be in the least bit surprised if he returns in some form or another.