Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The recent attacks on Gethin Jenkins

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:08 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:I would treat Jones' comments to the Malaysian press with a pinch of salt. He didn't say anything of substance and he wasn't likely to tell a Malaysain reporter that he was unhappy with the arrangements.

For all we know, Jones believed the tour was set in stone when he said what he did (which wasn't much). Perhaps he came back with a few misgivings, discussed them with the board and a decision was reached to postpone the tour for twelve months.

We knows? I don't and I don't believe anyone using this board does either. However, I'm confident the decision wasn't down to Gethin Jenkins.

Why with a pinch of Salt, he represents Cardiff City.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:I would treat Jones' comments to the Malaysian press with a pinch of salt. He didn't say anything of substance and he wasn't likely to tell a Malaysain reporter that he was unhappy with the arrangements.

For all we know, Jones believed the tour was set in stone when he said what he did (which wasn't much). Perhaps he came back with a few misgivings, discussed them with the board and a decision was reached to postpone the tour for twelve months.

We knows? I don't and I don't believe anyone using this board does either. However, I'm confident the decision wasn't down to Gethin Jenkins.

With a pinch of salt beacuse while Jones was in Malaysia, being interviewed by a Malaysian journalist while in discussions with another Malaysian, who happens to be his new boss, he wasn't likely to say anything disparaging or negative about Malaysia!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

With a pinch of salt beacuse while Jones was in Malaysia, being interviewed by a Malaysian journalist while in discussions with another Malaysian, who happens to be his new boss, he wasn't likely to say anything disparaging or negative about Malaysia!

Fair pont :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:47 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:My view is that the tour was half-arsed idea to begin with and the arrangements were almost certainly unsatisfactory. After all, the people who are now running the club have only been in charge for a month.

I also the believe the decision may well have had a financial element to it, ie: that it simply wasn't financially viable at this point in time.

But what I believe most firmly of all is that the decision to cancel was a collective one that involved the board, the management and the staff. The notion that is was all down to the new CEO is frankly ridiculous.

Agreed and a waste of money, we need it for players not a glorified Jolly !!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agree,but Jones in those comments was making the clear statement that we were going. "I hope our pre-season training in Malaysia" is pretty clear and unambiguous.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:51 pm

TLG

There were be no logistical problems.

I listed earlier on here that everything was in place so are you saying that DJ deliberately fed them bullshit until he was safely out of the country and then instructed Jenkins to tell a porky to the media over here.

Just another small thing TLG, TG is his boss in Cardiff as well as Kuala Lumpur.......... unless of course you know something different ?