Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: COULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN ? " THE DREAM TEAM"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:59 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Why do you believe £40 million is needed right now?

Because Sam told them over a cuppa. Yep the Malysisns turn up plough 6 million into the club knowing within a matter of weeks they need to stump up a further 40 million. They thought yep thats a great buisiness deal lets go for it. Seriously where are these cock and bull stories comming from I wonder?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Pug wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:Why do you believe £40 million is needed right now?

Because Sam told them over a cuppa. Yep the Malysisns turn up plough 6 million into the club knowing within a matter of weeks they need to stump up a further 40 million. They thought yep thats a great buisiness deal lets go for it. Seriously where are these cock and bull stories comming from I wonder?

Pug, because weve seen the debts end off.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 pm

We all know our debts are huge, in fact i think TLG did a calculation a while back I think on the CCMB which confirmed our total debt to be around the figure you quoted. Thats not the same as saying the club requires 40 million or even needs to pay it off in the comming months.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

One and a half million for Chops, two million to small creditors, a substantial payment to PMG in 2 months, tax and wages, and 24 million to Langstones, which is payable now if they demand it.

Thats without new contracts for existing playesr or heaven forbid we look to sign some more/

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:One and a half million for Chops, two million to small creditors, a substantial payment to PMG in 2 months, tax and wages, and 24 million to Langstones, which is payable now if they demand it.

Thats without new contracts for existing playesr or heaven forbid we look to sign some more/

Which is no different from last month or month before. However we know have backers who have the money if required. We all know who the major creditors and more importantly so did TG before he took a controlling interest. We don't need 40 million by tomorrow.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Are you saying that the Malaysians didn't know any of the above debts before they took their shareholding.

Get real, you're sounding desperate now.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Read it again, Langstones can legally demand 24 million pound now, Chops money is due now, tax and wages now small creditors 2 million now. Now being the key word.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Are you saying that the Malaysians didn't know any of the above debts before they took their shareholding.

Get real, you're sounding desperate now.

The more I hear, the more it's the same old Sam spouting half truths and dam right lies. Seriously some of the guys involved got taken in by Sam previously and where fed cock and bull stories until the day it went tiots up. Now they are falling for it again, I just don't understand why.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Read it again, Langstones can legally demand 24 million pound now, Chops money is due now, tax and wages now small creditors 2 million now. Now being the key word.

They were always going to be due now, do you really think TG didn't know this when he took a controlling interest? Of course he did. What his plans are for paying these are important, not cock and bull from Sam.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Read it again, Langstones can legally demand 24 million pound now.

That's not a fact, Gwyn. It's simply what you've been told. And it contradicts everything that is already in the public domain (ie: court transcripts, audited accounts, legal notices to shareholders, etc).

Bear in mind that Sam told people (myself included) that victory in their summary judgement application was a formality for Langston and the club didn't have a leg to stand on. In the event, Mr Justice Briggs took a rather different view. The opposite one, in fact.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I get the feeing that if Sam doesn,t get his way on this then, there might be the threat of another court case coming our way,Just a guess of course,but I can,t see that happeming as he alledgedly, really cares about this football club.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:42 pm

RobJ wrote:I get the feeing that if Sam doesn,t get his way on this then, there might be the threat of another court case coming our way,Just a guess of course,but I can,t see that happeming as he alledgedly, really cares about this football club.

Do you think Sam want to get into a protracted court battle with a group with unlimited funds? Well if he does he's nuttier than I give him credit for.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Hammam cares about his bank balance, nothing else.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Totally agree,I was being sarcastic.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Apologies, I was aware of that :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 pm

RobJ wrote:Totally agree,I was being sarcastic.

Funny rob youve just joined this forum due to the news regarding SAM :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Read it again, Langstones can legally demand 24 million pound now.

That's not a fact, Gwyn. It's simply what you've been told. And it contradicts everything that is already in the public domain (ie: court transcripts, audited accounts, legal notices to shareholders, etc).

Bear in mind that Sam told people (myself included) that victory in their summary judgement application was a formality for Langston and the club didn't have a leg to stand on. In the event, Mr Justice Briggs took a rather different view. The opposite one, in fact.

IT IS A FACT .

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:08 pm

I doubt very much Sam would go back to court. He has already lost doing that. However he is still owed this money and the cheapest option we hold at the moment is to give him £10m by the end of the year. Then again if the Malaysians can come up with a better deal that suits both parties then why not talk. I just feel the Malaysians have a plan here.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I doubt very much Sam would go back to court. He has already lost doing that. However he is still owed this money and the cheapest option we hold at the moment is to give him £10m by the end of the year. Then again if the Malaysians can come up with a better deal that suits both parties then why not talk. I just feel the Malaysians have a plan here.

Ian, It does not hurt to talk :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:05 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
Sludge wrote:heres the alternative

allow club to get on with this pre season

if hammam and TG are meeting, then let them meet

until that happens and until we know the outcome , stop worrying

when sam was in charge before and fans said they were concerned it got very nasty with people on all sides falling out

best to avoid that

thats my alternative

So Sludge, your alternative is to do f**k all then?

no my alternative is for people to keep their feet on the ground

Nice plan, at least you are consistent. Maybe a strongly worded letter will solve all of the club's ills. And yes that is an attack on your trust, which is more than deserved.

whys that then ?

and its not my trust , everyone can join , everyone can stand for election

what do you want the trust to do ?

we dont have several million in the account

With no one else willing to put money into the pot lets hope the Malaysians either keep throwing good money after bad in to this money pit or they front up with the full amount to do a complete take over, paying off everyone who's owed money. At the moment it doesn't seem like they are happy doing either.
So far nothing has been solved at the club. The bills are still coming in, the tax bills are still coming in, the wages still need paying, debts still need sorting, etc, etc, etc. Yet there's no income or at least no improvements to income to satisfy those outgoings. Even the club's biggest earner, the Academy, is under threat. How many Ramsey's do you think the club will get with a Center of Excellence?
Do you honestly believe that these Malaysians are sugar daddies who love throwing a couple of million away every month to keep a football club alive a few thousand miles away?

Get real Sludge, and come up with an alternative like you've been asked to rather than dodge in every way you can.

the question was will TG and sam be a dream team

I said no

many others dont want sam involved

but thats turned on its head to mean that well we are just slagging off sam hammam and what do you intend ( in this case the trust ) to do about it ?

what kind of debate is that ??

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm

BigGwynram wrote:fair play and i thought I was being tough with him.lol

Boys we all want the same thing, the deabte ney argumants are healthy but lets not fall out.

you were not tough with me gwyn , although its clear we are going to have to agree to disagree

as for the falling out bit , well I am too old for all that

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:57 am

Read it again, Langstones can legally demand 24 million pound now

Why didnt they get it when we went to Court then?
The case we had was as rock solid as a litigation case can be according to the ccfc sols and that was proved correct in the end?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 am

NOW READ THIS

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16889

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am

NOW RAD THIS POSTED BY SINCE 62 who is well respected for his knowledge and impartiality on all things Cardiff.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You are right Gwyn that Langston brought a Summary Judgement case to the court largely as a consequence of the new Chairman granting (on the very same day he voted himself the £500k bonus) secured creditor status to PMG - they suddenly had a first charge over all the assets in all the companies in the CCFC "group".

The judge decided that the club had a chance of lodging a defence if the matter went to a full trial - he didn`t rule in favour of either side - which is all that is needed to dismiss a Summary Judgement claim. He also decided that the club had vastly overspent on legal fees in defending the case as he only awarded costs of about £80k (from memory - I don`t have the papers in front of me tonight) rather than the figure in excess of £500k which the club ran up. Those fees were paid to legal firms with "close connections" to the club and its directors.

Keith

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 am

gwyn none of us are denying peter ridsdales cuplability in the mess

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:03 am

Gwyn, we all know Sam tried desperatly to keep the club out of Admin, we know PMG used this as leaverage we know Ridders pulled a fast with regards to creditor status to PMG (there would be no stadium if this hadn't of happened). But the fact reamins that all this happened due to Sams complete and utter miss management of the club. He has saddled this club with the majority of the Debt we know have, yes PR added copiously to the problems but Sam was the instigator. If TG thinks it right to bring Sam back on board and the other board members agree with it great. But I suggest we are a long way off any such outcome occuring.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:07 am

Saddled us with the debt that could have been payed off and still left some over with the players he left here.
How is it a debt if you leave more assets, it's only a debt because the club haven't paid any of it back and chose to use that money elsewhere. FACT

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 am

BigGwynram wrote:Saddled us with the debt that could have been payed off and still left some over with the players he left here.
How is it a debt if you leave more assets, it's only a debt because the club haven't paid any of it back and chose to use that money elsewhere. FACT

What assests?? Gwyn you are deluded if you really beleive that utter load of cock spouted with regards to 100 million worth of players. And this in short sums up Sam, he can be very lucid and reasonable, then in the next breath talk complete and utter bollocks. I suspose you beleive he was also responsible for the stadium build?

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 am

Pug wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Saddled us with the debt that could have been payed off and still left some over with the players he left here.

What assests?? Gwyn you are deluded if you really beleive that utter load of cock spouted with regards to 100 million worth of players. And this in short sums up Sam, he can be very lucid and reasonable, then in the next breath talk complete and utter bollocks. I suspose you beleive he was also responsible for the stadium build?

So you're telling us we haven't sold players for big money since Hammam left?

seriously?

We sold more that 24m worth!

Which goes to show the level of debts Ridsdale accrued.