Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: COULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN ? " THE DREAM TEAM"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Sam made loads of mistakes. He was man enough to admit them. For that he has my respect. He understands football and at least he punted money on the team as opposed to helicopter flights, book launches and the Plaza hotel.

for me this woudl be awesome. the rugby mens days would at last be numbered, we'd be in the media left right and centre, interest in the club would grow and Jones would leave.

We would then have a team of fighters, not bottlers.

It's a no brainer for me, bring back a football obsessed man whos passion will drive the club onto the next level. Keep the finances with TG and you've got a recepie for success.

It gets the Langstone debt down. Its a no brainer.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Pug wrote:He's not comming, thank christ.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 15,00.html

haha how naive

the club were not asked to confirm this

yet terry has just stated that he tried on several occassions to get to speak to gethin but had no luck also he had e-mailed him and had no reply

what a load of bollux

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Could this really happen?

In a word, no.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Could it happen? Yes.

Will it happen? Who knows.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:43 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Could this really happen?

In a word, no.

Everything is for sale and has its price. From what I am seeing Sam has a pretty strong bargaining tool, especially if the debt goes back to £24m.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Everything is for sale and has its price. From what I am seeing Sam has a pretty strong bargaining tool, especially if the debt goes back to £24m.

That's a mighty big if and flies in the face of everything that has been published in the public domain, including High Court transcripts, audited accounts, legal notices to shareholders, etc.

I think a lot of people are unaware how complex the latest investment agreement was and how complicated it would be to turn a significant portion of the Langston debt into equity (ie: shares). One thing's for sure, if that was to happen it would take some time.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:55 pm

I love the way that the SWE is suddenly telling the truth, according to some on here!!!

Only a few days ago we were being told to ignore everything they print!!!

You honestly couldn't make it up.

Mind you, the same people believe everything Hammam says as well.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I love the way that the SWE is suddenly telling the truth, according to some on here!!!

Exactly. Not being content on beign duped by Sam once the said same people are at it again and seem to be happy to believe every word he utters. Yep honestly you couldn't make it up, thats is true!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Everything is for sale and has its price. From what I am seeing Sam has a pretty strong bargaining tool, especially if the debt goes back to £24m.

That's a mighty big if and flies in the face of everything that has been published in the public domain, including High Court transcripts, audited accounts, legal notices to shareholders, etc.

I think a lot of people are unaware how complex the latest investment agreement was and how complicated it would be to turn a significant portion of the Langston debt into equity (ie: shares). One thing's for sure, if that was to happen it would take some time.

Even if an agreement is not signed does not mean its unenforceable. I'll give you that. However if the club wants to go down the track of court to prove its unenforceable then we are in for an expensive ride. It would be more beneficial for the Malysains to talk to Sam and avoid any litigation. Hence why I would not come out with a bold no.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Pug wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:I love the way that the SWE is suddenly telling the truth, according to some on here!!!

Exactly. Not being content on beign duped by Sam once the said same people are at it again and seem to be happy to believe every word he utters. Yep honestly you couldn't make it up, thats is true!

I'm on the fence regarding Sam. Sam claims he was stabbed in the back by Ridsdale. I can well believe that as Ridsdale stabbed me in the back with the ST scam. Perhaps there is some truth in what Sam says.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Even if an agreement is not signed does not mean its unenforceable. I'll give you that. However if the club wants to go down the track of court to prove its unenforceable then we are in for an expensive ride. It would be more beneficial for the Malysains to talk to Sam and avoid any litigation. Hence why I would not come out with a bold no.

Granted, but even if the 2009 revision of the loan notes agreement is null and void, the 2006 revision certainly isn't. And that would mean the reports on this board and in today's Echo about £24 million being payable next January are incorrect.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

Even if an agreement is not signed does not mean its unenforceable. I'll give you that. However if the club wants to go down the track of court to prove its unenforceable then we are in for an expensive ride. It would be more beneficial for the Malysains to talk to Sam and avoid any litigation. Hence why I would not come out with a bold no.

And if it ends up in litigation, you have one side the Billionare Malysians and Sam with a fair few million. I wonder who would win ;)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Hammam has left us with the biggest and sharpest knife in our backs by the enormous debt HE accrued throughout his tenure.

Borrowed money of course, not his.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Pug wrote:

I'm on the fence regarding Sam. Sam claims he was stabbed in the back by Ridsdale. I can well believe that as Ridsdale stabbed me in the back with the ST scam. Perhaps there is some truth in what Sam says.

Bakedalskar, the whole board stabbed sam, one by one. The reason he was running the club down a very deep hole. One we would never get out of if action wasn't taken.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Claude,

Maybe. That doesn't mitigate the debts or activities of Ridsdale, which have been far more damaging.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:21 pm

From my understanding the club still owes Sam the money. I hear we could end up owing him £24m if we dont pay him £10m by the end of the year. If Sam borrowed £24m how come he can say £10m full and final? Surely the borrowers cant be happy with that.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Sam claims he was stabbed in the back by Ridsdale.

That's as maybe. But we all know that PMG were largely instrumental in getting Sam out of the club back in 2006. Paul Guy is on the current board. As is his close associate, Alan Whiteley. As is another of Hammam's old foes, Michael Isaac. I'd say the chances of them welcoming Sam back would be zero, wouldn't you?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Both were equally culpable of gross financial mismanagement.

Good riddance to both of them.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:33 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

That's as maybe. But we all know that PMG were largely instrumental in getting Sam out of the club back in 2006. Paul Guy is on the current board. As is his close associate, Alan Whiteley. As is another of Hammam's old foes, Michael Isaac. I'd say the chances of them welcoming Sam back would be zero, wouldn't you?

Maybe. it all depends - if, for example, the Malaysians wanted Hammam in, they could easily refuse to make any further investment. Would Guy, Whitley, Issac fancy stumping up cash, fancy the club going under?

It's all down to leverage, which can change over time.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:34 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

I would say so but then again dont PMG and friends want out?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

I would say so but then again dont PMG and friends want out?

When they get there money, maybe.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Could this really happen?

In a word, no.

NEVER SAY NO OR NEVER, Anything can happen, will it, I DONT KNOW, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Sludge wrote:heres the alternative

allow club to get on with this pre season

if hammam and TG are meeting, then let them meet

until that happens and until we know the outcome , stop worrying

when sam was in charge before and fans said they were concerned it got very nasty with people on all sides falling out

best to avoid that

thats my alternative

So Sludge, your alternative is to do f**k all then? Nice plan, at least you are consistent. Maybe a strongly worded letter will solve all of the club's ills. And yes that is an attack on your trust, which is more than deserved.

With no one else willing to put money into the pot lets hope the Malaysians either keep throwing good money after bad in to this money pit or they front up with the full amount to do a complete take over, paying off everyone who's owed money. At the moment it doesn't seem like they are happy doing either.
So far nothing has been solved at the club. The bills are still coming in, the tax bills are still coming in, the wages still need paying, debts still need sorting, etc, etc, etc. Yet there's no income or at least no improvements to income to satisfy those outgoings. Even the club's biggest earner, the Academy, is under threat. How many Ramsey's do you think the club will get with a Center of Excellence?
Do you honestly believe that these Malaysians are sugar daddies who love throwing a couple of million away every month to keep a football club alive a few thousand miles away?

Get real Sludge, and come up with an alternative like you've been asked to rather than dodge in every way you can.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm

fair play and i thought I was being tough with him.lol

Boys we all want the same thing, the deabte ney argumants are healthy but lets not fall out.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:32 pm

annis, do you think sam will return?

:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:annis, do you think sam will return?

:ayatollah:

Lets hope not hey!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Yes lets hope not, let's just hope there's a plan B and the Malaysians are prepared to stump up the 40 million needed right now.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Don't worry Gwyn. Pug and a few others are chipping in for some Euromillions tickets. Result! Bellamy's back on the agenda!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Why do you believe £40 million is needed right now?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:53 pm

Eddie May wrote:i have heard from people at the club we are in deep shit and the rugby men want out.

We've been in deep shit since the early 70's and I believe the rugby men have wanted out for a long time.

But getting what they want is an altogether different matter.