Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: COULD THIS REALLY HAPPEN ? " THE DREAM TEAM"

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:06 am

It's a fact he borrowed the money, thats long be known from Citibank if I remember. It all went tits up when they pulled the plug on Sam, Langston well whoever. Sam will not throw money at this club, no chance whatsoever.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am

BigGwynram wrote:How is that slagging off the Trust, I'm asking you for alterantives which seem to be few and far between, it as been asked before many times about the Trust buying shares and having some control and I honestly believe that would be FAN tastic, but with the sums of money involved and required it is also an impossibility at the present time.

However some people do think its a possibility, if someone comes up with a better plan they will have my full support, until then I can't see a better solution on the table, at the end of the day the malaysians will have the final say and if they thinks its viable, then we got to support it, if they don't thinks its viable, then lets hope they have a better plan.

its belittling the trust gwyn

of course we dont have millions

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:10 am

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Yes Ok sludge so your dream is no Sam, so what do you dream as a replacement for Borley and PmG and Whitely who are not prepared to put anymore money in and want out, So we lose them block Sam, don't tell me the Trust have millions and will step in, good dream, let's keep it real though is it.

why slag off the trust again gwyn ?

thats never been the aim of the trust and you very well know it

How exactly is he slagging the Trust off, Sludge, he's asking you what your alternative would be.

Other than Sam, care to name any?

asking me what the alternative is and at the same time making the tust look small

of course we are small , of course we dont have millions gwyn

our aim has never been to have financial influence at a club with cardiff citys debts

out of order gwyn

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:12 am

How is it making the Trust look small? It's the valid point that people can't provide viable alternatives, making the valid point there's no way the Trust could do it...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 am

Claude Blue wrote:Hammam will not invest one penny of his own money into CCFC - he didn't in the past and he won't do so now.

In case anyone needs reminding he BORROWED money to invest in the club, spent it wildly and saddled us with an enormous debt that still hangs around our club.

I hope that the talks between SH, TG and PR are solely to look at restructuring the debt he accrued, not to let him back onto the Board.

Claude, trust you to say that, SAM LOST £3.5 Million of his money at the beg, then £6 Million when he left a Fact.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:18 am

No Claude you are going to lose any credibility you had, either you are blatantly lyiing or totally ignorant of the truth and facts.
Keep up at the back son.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am

if the trust had millions and was in the position to be able to help , it would

as gwyn knows its mostly involved in comunity events , trying to spread the word of cardiff city

why gwyn has even brought the trust into this is beyond me

its completely irrelevant to the fact that many people dont want sam hammam involved

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:25 am

You can't have it both ways, its a fact Sam spent a lot of his own money, its also stated by all and sundry that Sam must be \Langstones, so if he is, the who do you think we owe the money to, Langstones?Sam paid off the 24 million pound citi bank loan, they did this with an unsecured loan purely against Sam, Sam is responsible for that money/debt whetehre it be to him,langstones/his family or whoever, no security.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:32 am

Sludge is that a method your using to make people for sorry for the Trust and look on them as a wounded puppy, for God sake I'm a member of the Trust I was close to standing for election this year but changed my mind last minute, I beleieve we need a Trust I support the Trust where does this picking on the Trust attitude come from, most people can see I have not had a dig at the Trust, you must be reading between the lines rather than reading the lines.

If I got a problem with the Trust I will come out and say it, as I have done on sevral occasions, but I don't just criticise I do offer alterantive opinions rather tha just sit back and criticise, I have offered lot's of positive suggestions to help and I'll continue to do so as the chance arises, but for God sake let's the ditch the poor oppressed worlds against us innocent party outlook.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:33 am

Sludge,

Can we please have an alternative scenario.

It seems none of you have one so let,s see how these talks go as we cannot go on the way it is. The Malaysians want the current directors to join them in putting more money into the club but this has not happened. The PMG powerbrokers just want their money then will probably look for another sporting organisation that needs a stadium or rink for example and move in there.
If TG feels the meeting is worthwhile and willing to fly over then surely its his choice, unless of course you have another suggestion.

If you wont give one to us perhaps you could give one for him.............. very much doubt it though.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:40 am

He's not comming, thank christ.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 15,00.html

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:42 am

Sludge you have been vociferous and outspoken in the past about people criticising the Trust but not offering alternatives or being prepared to help or offer solutions, and yet here you are doing it with regards to Sam, if some one offers a better plan I'm sure they'll have our support, but where is this other plan, and we can't just lumber on as we are with no leadership or direction surely.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 am

Oh then it must be correct then becauise gethin told us, where as gethin be all week with statemnets about the wages and tour plans and what they are doing for fans who'd booked for Malaysia.

Gethin will oppose sam in any way he can because he knows the writing is on the wall, EGGERS OUT<EGGERS OUT 8-)

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:50 am

BigGwynram wrote:Oh then it must be correct then becauise gethin told us, where as gethin be all week with statemnets about the wages and tour plans and what they are doing for fans who'd booked for Malaysia.

Gethin will oppose sam in any way he can because he knows the writing is on the wall, EGGERS OUT<EGGERS OUT 8-)

What the hell you rambling on about now. Do you really think that club statemnet hasn't been sanctioned by TG?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:51 am

Pug,

Which faction of the board released that statement. They change another one already.

Dont forget Jenkins is there to look after a factions interest. Wait for TG statement !!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 am

Pug

YES YES YES

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:53 am

BigGwynram wrote:Sludge is that a method your using to make people for sorry for the Trust and look on them as a wounded puppy, for God sake I'm a member of the Trust I was close to standing for election this year but changed my mind last minute, I beleieve we need a Trust I support the Trust where does this picking on the Trust attitude come from, most people can see I have not had a dig at the Trust, you must be reading between the lines rather than reading the lines.

If I got a problem with the Trust I will come out and say it, as I have done on sevral occasions, but I don't just criticise I do offer alterantive opinions rather tha just sit back and criticise, I have offered lot's of positive suggestions to help and I'll continue to do so as the chance arises, but for God sake let's the ditch the poor oppressed worlds against us innocent party outlook.

method ?

you brought the trust into a debate about the debt situation of cardiff city !

this is my opinion gwyn

I supported your suggestions at the emergency trust meeting some time ago that the trust needed to simplify its membership , get out to our supporter heartland etc .....the person saying " hear hear " was me

I am a straight hitter and personally posted on here that your organisation of the march was spot on and your words that good order were needed to show the community we could protest but not bring the clubs name down were spot on

I disgree with you on many things over the internet but the personal abuse that was posted on that thread by that clown disgusted all of us

so I am not one of these internet tossers , stirring trouble

but this discussion and thread was about hammam and the financial situation of the club

I fail to see the point of you coming out and bringing the idea of the trust into this ?

you know thats not what it does

on this matter alone , I think its a dig and I think its out of order

those are my honest views about your post

regards

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 am

Yes i do believe it ain't been sanctioned ny TG, because Tg is in advanced stages to meet sam and discuss things, so how can the club say they have no plans, makes me think who is the club?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:56 am

BigGwynram wrote:Sludge you have been vociferous and outspoken in the past about people criticising the Trust but not offering alternatives or being prepared to help or offer solutions, and yet here you are doing it with regards to Sam, if some one offers a better plan I'm sure they'll have our support, but where is this other plan, and we can't just lumber on as we are with no leadership or direction surely.

gwyn

the situation at cardiff city is a million miles away from a group of supporters involved in a trust with a few quid in the bank to pay for a stall at the grangetown festival to give out old city shirts to kids

what you seem to be suggesting is that sam is our only hope

what makes you think that ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 am

Sludge wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Sludge you have been vociferous and outspoken in the past about people criticising the Trust but not offering alternatives or being prepared to help or offer solutions, and yet here you are doing it with regards to Sam, if some one offers a better plan I'm sure they'll have our support, but where is this other plan, and we can't just lumber on as we are with no leadership or direction surely.

gwyn

the situation at cardiff city is a million miles away from a group of supporters involved in a trust with a few quid in the bank to pay for a stall at the grangetown festival to give out old city shirts to kids

what you seem to be suggesting is that sam is our only hope

what makes you think that ?

Missing the point entirely sludgey.

he's asking you for viable alternatives - forget the trust - viable alternatives given the situation right now.

You and others are saying "no, Sam, boo" but have no other alternative to offer.

Yet if the trust are wever criticised, it's always a case of "you join up, offer alternatives".

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:00 am

BigGwynram wrote:Yes i do believe it ain't been sanctioned ny TG, because Tg is in advanced stages to meet sam and discuss things, so how can the club say they have no plans, makes me think who is the club?

Sam is a major creditor, TG is the new chiarman. Its no shock they are meeting, in fact the biggest shock is that its taken this long. The new board are going through all creditors one by one to make arrangements and close them off. Sam is just another creditor they are looking to resolve.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:00 am

Pug wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Yes i do believe it ain't been sanctioned ny TG, because Tg is in advanced stages to meet sam and discuss things, so how can the club say they have no plans, makes me think who is the club?

Sam is a major creditor, TG is the new chiarman. Its no shock they are meeting, in fact the biggest shock is that its taken this long. The new board are going through all creditors one by one to make arrangements and close them off. Sam is just another creditor they are looking to resolve.

Again, is that a fact or supposition? You've no idea what the Malaysians intent is.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am

BigGwynram wrote:No Claude you are going to lose any credibility you had, either you are blatantly lyiing or totally ignorant of the truth and facts.
Keep up at the back son.

Gwyn the trouble here at the mo is that not everybody had the same info about Sam that yourself and Annis have had and that a lot of the stuff posted against him his based on just speculation , anger and media stories . I am without a doubt on the " we want Sam " side of things but I hardly know a great deal of the past just what Ive read in Annis's book , you guys know a hell of a lot more and maybe should be a bit more lenient on us less knowledgable posters , then again some just like the argue black is blue . Id love to know more ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 am

Lot's of people will be looking for some guidance from the Trust, it's times like this they should use to make their mark and get support by at least making their intentions known. Some people do believe the Trust can step up and run the club and have financial input, and as I've stated and not in a belittling way, we know that isn't possible at the present time, not a dig just a fact.

But Trust or individuals, I believe people need to get up and do what they think is right for the club, personally I think the sam Tg partnership will be good, if others have alternative plans Trust included eithe chuck your ideas in the pot, come up with an alterantive plan, but don't just sit back criticising.

We and I include the Trust in that should be taking a lead in situations like this, we keep saying its our club (a whole different argument legally) well if its our club then let's fight for it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 am

Pug you are saying the board are looking to settle the debts with all their creditors, yet we are being told that the directors are not prepared to put another penny into the club, so what you are saying is the board are looking to TgG to pay off all the creditors and running costs himself, have you any idea how much that would cost and do you believe the malaysians are prepared to do that on their own?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:11 am

BigGwynram wrote:Pug you are saying the board are looking to settle the debts with all their creditors, yet we are being told that the directors are not prepared to put another penny into the club, so what you are saying is the board are looking to TgG to pay off all the creditors and running costs himself, have you any idea how much that would cost and do you believe the malaysians are prepared to do that on their own?

No I don't beleive they will do it on their own. But I also beleive Sam will not put a bean into the club either, especially with a shareholding of 2%.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am

heres the alternative

allow club to get on with this pre season

if hammam and TG are meeting, then let them meet

until that happens and until we know the outcome , stop worrying

when sam was in charge before and fans said they were concerned it got very nasty with people on all sides falling out

best to avoid that

thats my alternative

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am

BigGwynram wrote:Lot's of people will be looking for some guidance from the Trust, it's times like this they should use to make their mark and get support by at least making their intentions known. Some people do believe the Trust can step up and run the club and have financial input, and as I've stated and not in a belittling way, we know that isn't possible at the present time, not a dig just a fact.

But Trust or individuals, I believe people need to get up and do what they think is right for the club, personally I think the sam Tg partnership will be good, if others have alternative plans Trust included eithe chuck your ideas in the pot, come up with an alterantive plan, but don't just sit back criticising.

We and I include the Trust in that should be taking a lead in situations like this, we keep saying its our club (a whole different argument legally) well if its our club then let's fight for it.

I am certain the trust board will say that if negotiations are going to be going on between various creditors , then the trust hopes that it will be in the best interest of cardiff city football club

and that the fans should continue to back the team

thats the best sort of guidance I would have thought

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 am

Should we be concerned that the players have still not been paid, we still don't know if we have a preseason tour, we are hearing that the directors will not put another penny in and that if sunderland don't get paid today we will be under another transfer embargo.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:02 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Should we be concerned that the players have still not been paid, we still don't know if we have a preseason tour, we are hearing that the directors will not put another penny in and that if sunderland don't get paid today we will be under another transfer embargo.

and Sam is offering to invest , Id bite his hand off if I was on the CCFC board ! talking of the Trust and did anybody from the Trust committee attend the meeting you guys had with Sam in London and were they asked to attend ? :ayatollah: