Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Possible explanation in Malaysian tour being cancelled

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Just a random stab in the dark.

But i've read really positive things on here from Steve Davies, Annis and Carl about the coming season, debts being sorted, new players coming in etc.

Then you hear about wages not being payed (done on purpose to strike a deal with PMG about debts?) and the malaysian tour being cancelled.

It seems pretty certain Ledley's going, and it was said a couple of days ago that we'll be getting about £2m, and it was then said Dave Jones will be getting this money to add to the rest of his transfer budget.

Perhaps this £2m was going to bank roll the Malaysian tour, but Dave Jones requested he could do abit of damage in the transfer market with it, try his best at promotion and if it comes off, have a more lucrative tour next year.

Just a theory.

Re: Possible explanation in Malaysian tour being cancelled

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 pm

could be right :?:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm

totally believable if Riddler was still here and maybe posible considering that his old board members are still here too but I believe the truth is that the club have no money to fund the trip and were hoping the Malaysians once again paid for this , its clear they have stepped back and allowed Jenkins and Co room to run CCFC ............. which its clear aint happening . I believe that Jones was TOLD what to say this week !

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm

No, I reckon the trip was all steam ahead until someone told Gethin Jenkins that Malaysia is no where near Ebbw Vale. :lol: