Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DREAM-TEAM: TG, SB (AND SAM?)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 am

Let me say at the outset that unlike some on this m/b I am not privy to much, "latest news," as some but, piecing together that which I know it seems some things are crucial, from here on in, for the well-being of CCFC.

That TG has, from the far side of the globe, come and steadied the ship is an absolute godsend. I applaud his decision to invest in City and will forever be thankful for that. Without doubt there was a reason the Malaysians only purchased 36% of the shareholding of the Club. They desired a partnership with existing shareholders to take the City forward. That has cruelly not happened.

According to [http://www.answers.com/topic/parasite] a parasite is defined as: "An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host. It habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return." It seems there are similar at CCFC. The rugby junta at CCFC do not seek the well-being of our Club but are taking out everything they can lay their hands on, leaving only TG and SB to shoulder the financial burden. This is clearly not right!

Ridsdale was got rid of after pressure was put on him by fans and perhaps our rugby loving visitors, who have made a big wedge from their association with our Club, also need to be told to, "Go!" as well. They are not in it for the love of Cardiff City but for their own pockets. Even our rugby loving Chief Executive seems to be not without fault in his brief tenure at City.

In TG we have an honest and honourable gentleman who seeks to do things the correct way and he needs to be backed 100%.

Furthermore, it is not difficult to see why SB is tearing his hair out with the goings on down at the CCS after the Club he loves has been through so much turmoil in this last decade. He too needs our support to stay in the fight as we've come so far for all the problems of late.

Clearly a football man needs to replace the last appointment by the rugby people. People will call for Sam to return like a long lost brother coming over the sand dunes on his camel. What I will say about our brother, Sam, is that he loved our Club and still does. Lest any forget, had Sam not come to us in 2000 the City would have folded as no-one else was remotely interested in saving us. OK, I know Sam has baggage, who doesn't, but if we cannot forgive we are a very sorry lot, indeed. Look, I am not a pr agent for Sam but should TG appoint him purely to conduct contract negotiations, new signings and other player matters I can't see any problems.

What is certain is that we the fans need to be clear who the good people are in this; those who have the love for City in their hearts and those who want City to to progress before even more financial gain is shoved into their ever bulging pockets. What I would stand by is that it is absolutely essential for TG and SB to stay to fight on, difficult as that may be, but is that any different from anytime during the last decade? So encourage them both; place messages of support for them on this m/b. As I heard once: "All respond to encouragement but few to criticism."

We also desperately need a football man brought into our Club. Whoever that will be I don't know but I know that we don't need another to join the rugby junta down CCS.

StT.

Re: DREAM-TEAM: TG, SB (AND SAM?)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:42 am

Good post Steve, very well put.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

Cracking post steve

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

brilliant post Steve ! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:02 pm

a good read that :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:35 pm

tg yes

sb yes

sam ..no thanks

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Sludge wrote:tg yes

sb yes

sam ..no thanks

By all accounts though Sludge, TG is happy to sit in the background and SB is pissed off with the club and doesn't want to do contracts etc. Who would you have to do that then?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:12 pm

first off great post well written and a sensible argument for

secondly it seem SB is more than just pissed off, there other rumors coming out of the club concerning him.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:34 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:first off great post well written and a sensible argument for

secondly it seem SB is more than just pissed off, there other rumors coming out of the club concerning him.

Rumours? What's going on?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Excellent post !!

We have to support and trust TG and SB who are our only hope. the rugby crowd are opportunists who as you said have profited greatly out of this club. They will only invest money in any sport as long as there is lucrative contracts to be grabbed and cast iron guarantees to protect them from risk.The appointment of the new CEO is another back stop to keep an eye on their interests as he seems to lack the pertinent skills and experience.

TG has tested the resolve of the fellow directors and found the rugby crowd have no interest in the future of the club. I think there now might be a case for TG and VT to meet sam and get his views and vision on the club's position both now and in the future.

I think even if it was offering Sam a salaried position to run the football side of things on a suck it and see basis. We have to do something as I am not confident about the intentions of the rugby opportunists or their inplant,