Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PLEASE COME HOME SAM

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:46 am

I HOPE SAM HAMMAM RETURNS AND HE WILL BE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS.

WE NEED YOU BACK SAM. YOU BRING DRIVE, PASSION, AND LOVE BACK TO CARDIFF CITY. YOUR HOME :ayatollah:

article-0-0049E48700000258-939_468x299[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: PLEASE COME HOME SAM

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:23 am

CCFC needs his money , his drive and his madness !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 am

Must be joking

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:15 am

Martyn1963 wrote:CCFC needs his money , his drive and his madness !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And his fantastic eyebrows resplendant with water soluble dye.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:17 am

RobbieS wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:CCFC needs his money , his drive and his madness !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

best eyebrows since Len Ashurst ( sorry plastic fans you might not have heared of him ! ) :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 am

Id welcome sam back not for his money.just to steady the ship :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
RobbieS wrote:

best eyebrows since Len Ashurst ( sorry plastic fans you might not have heared of him ! ) :ayatollah:

I remember the chant - "Lenny Ashurst bushy eyebrows"!!!!!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

chippy909 wrote:I HOPE SAM HAMMAM RETURNS AND HE WILL BE WELCOMED WITH OPEN ARMS.

WE NEED YOU BACK SAM. YOU BRING DRIVE, PASSION, AND LOVE BACK TO CARDIFF CITY. YOUR HOME :ayatollah:

article-0-0049E48700000258-939_468x299[1].jpg

Thats the picture I used for the wallpaper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 am

The Special 1 wrote:Must be joking

I dont think they are! Cant understand it either!!!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 am

ccfclover wrote:

I dont think they are! Cant understand it either!!!

why wouldnt you want him back? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 am

Please come back Home to Cardiff sam.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:38 am

He would only be welcomed back by a small proportion of fans.

While whe are there though, why dont we bring back earnshaw, kavangh, koumas, vidmar, alexander, gabbidon, collins, weston, thorne and have a real reunion party. lets get back to the old days........

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 am

Lou Vogel wrote:He would only be welcomed back by a small proportion of fans.

While whe are there though, why dont we bring back earnshaw, kavangh, koumas, vidmar, alexander, gabbidon, collins, weston, thorne and have a real reunion party. lets get back to the old days........

so who do u suggest takes CCFC forward then and work along side the Malaysians if you dont want Sam , or are you happy with PMG , Jenkins and Borley ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 am

What's your solution then Special 1? Don't hit and run with 3 word posts, give a viable alternative solution.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

You are just being ridiculous now. Everyone I've spoken to face to face want Sam back so I think the vast majority would welcome him back.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 am

I'd welcome Sam back.

Over the years we've had plenty of shady chairmen, but only one with the same passion for the club we all share.

We are family .... Sam Hammam the city and me :lol:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:46 am

TheOutsider wrote:

You are just being ridiculous now. Everyone I've spoken to face to face want Sam back so I think the vast majority would welcome him back.

I wouldnt welcome him back unless he decides to take a hit on the money we owe him - sorry Langston- and then he can become chairman with no power over monies or contract negotiations or transfers etc. If he did this then he would show his love for the club.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

Bring back Eddie May aswell, the vast majority I've spoken to would want him back to replace Dave Jones!!!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:

so who do u suggest takes CCFC forward then and work along side the Malaysians if you dont want Sam , or are you happy with PMG , Jenkins and Borley ? :ayatollah:

Im not happy with Borley et al. But I think Sam is the man to take us forward. He took us to a point, and cant take us on any further. Sam Started this mess.

No names spring to mind, but we need some one with fresh ideas, and who is a football fan, some one who understands football. Im just baffeled that every week, all we hear, is bring Sam back. We're too busy reminising about the past, where instead we need to focus on the future.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:02 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

The majority of people who knew Sam when he was around, or the on average 19000 supporters who attend games?

We need to look forward not backwards.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Lou Vogel wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:

The majority of people who knew Sam when he was around, or the on average 19000 supporters who attend games?

We need to look forward not backwards.

And your vision of forwards is what exactly? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me. Maybe you could have a bash?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Why not leave it as it is and let our new chief executive sort the mess, that was started by sam and continued by Ridsdale, out???

He's only been in the job 5 weeks. I'd much prefer someone who doesnt hog the limelight and will actually sort our financial problems.

Just because a tour was cancelled, does that automatically make the new regime a failure???

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 pm

While whe are there though, why dont we bring back earnshaw, kavangh, koumas, vidmar, alexander, gabbidon, collins, weston, thorne and have a real reunion party. lets get back to the old days........[/quote]

You are just being ridiculous now. Everyone I've spoken to face to face want Sam back so I think the vast majority would welcome him back.[/quote]

We need to look forward not backwards.[/quote]

And your vision of forwards is what exactly? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me. Maybe you could have a bash?[/quote]

My vision of forward is not going back to some thing that once was. Some who can take the club in a different direction. It's dificult to say what direction forward is. Because what eevr direction the club goes in, a percentage of people wont be happy. This is just football, you cant please everyone. But going back to some thing what once was will not help the club, we have progressed since the Sam days, lets keep it that way. We need to progress to succeed.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Stavross wrote:Why not leave it as it is and let our new chief executive sort the mess, that was started by sam and continued by Ridsdale, out???

He's only been in the job 5 weeks. I'd much prefer someone who doesnt hog the limelight and will actually sort our financial problems.

Just because a tour was cancelled, does that automatically make the new regime a failure???

Normally I'd agree with you but there isn't any time to "give chances" with the very future of our club. We need an expert not a learner. He's had too long already and done nothing. Time is running out and he's fluffing about. I for one don't want to look back in a few months and say we should have done something to stop the club going under. You can if you want but the current futrue is way too clear and the view in looking down the pan. simple as

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:28 pm

You say we have no time for chances. Would the current board Give Sam hamman a second chance? In my opinion, No.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

TheOutsider wrote:
Stavross wrote:Why not leave it as it is and let our new chief executive sort the mess, that was started by sam and continued by Ridsdale, out???

Normally I'd agree with you but there isn't any time to "give chances" with the very future of our club. We need an expert not a learner. He's had too long already and done nothing. Time is running out and he's fluffing about. I for one don't want to look back in a few months and say we should have done something to stop the club going under. You can if you want but the current futrue is way too clear and the view in looking down the pan. simple as

But what has realistically changed in 5 weeks since the Malaysians tookover and the CEO was appointed? Nothing.

We are still skint and are going to have to sell players to balance the books and bring in free transfers or loan signings.

What has the new CEO done wrong? Apart from poor communication regarding the tour not alot. We are not going to sort our financial problems out in 5 minutes. It will take time, restructuring of existing debts and cut backs. How do we know he is 'fluffing about'? Behind the scenes he could be working hard on sorting things out, who knows??

All this Sam business has come to the fore because of a tour cancellation, book removal from the club shop and possibly some being cut out of the loop.

So what is your answer, to have a march to remove the Malaysians or the CEO so that Sam could come back? It could become an annual event! We as fans need to sit back and let people in responsibility sort the club out.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:39 pm

Stavross wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:

But what has realistically changed in 5 weeks since the Malaysians tookover and the CEO was appointed? Nothing.

We are still skint and are going to have to sell players to balance the books and bring in free transfers or loan signings.

What has the new CEO done wrong? Apart from poor communication regarding the tour not alot. We are not going to sort our financial problems out in 5 minutes. It will take time, restructuring of existing debts and cut backs. How do we know he is 'fluffing about'? Behind the scenes he could be working hard on sorting things out, who knows??

All this Sam business has come to the fore because of a tour cancellation, book removal from the club shop and possibly some being cut out of the loop.

So what is your answer, to have a march to remove the Malaysians or the CEO so that Sam could come back? It could become an annual event! We as fans need to sit back and let people in responsibility sort the club out.

Nail on the head. Great post.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm

The problem is nothing has really changed. In the short term we need regular cash injections to keep us alive. In the medium to longer term we need a clear strategy of how to make ends meet. The main way of doing this is to get the youth players come through and sold on. That's what's kept us alive so far. However what we are hearing is the Academy is in danger, it's being evicted from Treforest with no where to go.
Now that doesn't fill you full of confidence does it. Next the shop is so poor it's an embarrassment. It should be full to the rafters with stock. Now if the club can't sort out it's shop, and lets be fair it could be done over night, how does that fill you with any confidence? I'm not even going to mention the lack of a properly arranged pre-season which is vital to blend in your new signings. New signings btw are vital to the coming season. Don't give me flack about not enough time to arrange things, that is a pathetic excuse.
Going back to the cash injections that are currently vital, there are strong rumours that the Malaysians are a bit surprised by the lack of contributions from the current board members, and to be fair you can't blame them being a bit pissed off with that lack of commitment. If then they decide very quickly to cut and run then where will we be? I can understand them gambling 6m on a 90m promotion and I can also understand them now looking at it as a money pit. If the current board are not willing to gamble then why should they, I know I wouldn't. So far all the money they've put in has to stay off winding up orders and admin.
I am seeing a lot of problems but I'm just getting "wait and see". I think time is short, very short and we need very fast action, it's obvious.

On a footnote though can I just say that any problems at the club are not caused by this message board or any other for that matter. That might be obvious but I get the impression that some feel that the problems are only there because we post about them.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:05 pm

The Malaysians are p'd of with the attitude of OK just keep putting in your money, because we aren't going to put in any more now atht all the lucrative land deals and rentals from retail etc. have been shared out.

If Sam is willing to hold off the Langstone loan and inject more cash, they'd be fools not to listen to what he's got to say, and before people start saying Sam's back to make money from the club, I would assure you if there was money to be made then the current directors and investors would not be looking to jump ship with their plunder, they would wait until it had all been taken.