Link here

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/jdi9o/Article/

ANY COMMENTS PLEASE

Re: DAVE JONES SPEAKING OUT ON MALAYSIA

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Link here

ANY COMMENTS PLEASE

This was only 8 days ago and now the club are saying that Dave Jones did not think the logistics were not right. Bollocks.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

oops thats a bit of a boo boo by the club

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Seems to me that the board is split down the middle and are doing their own thing!

Borley and the Malaysians one side and the eggchaser the otherside.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm

ackers1927 wrote:Seems to me that the board is split down the middle and are doing their own thing!

Really? You think a guy making a reported 50K has more pull than the Malaysians and Borley? Would be very strange if true...

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Link here

ANY COMMENTS PLEASE

This was only 8 days ago and now the club are saying that Dave Jones did not think the logistics were not right. Bollocks.

He hadn't been there to check out how they were going to do all this when he made the comment, with only a few weeks notice I can easily see why they couldn't make it work. The planned dates for the tour are only 2-3 weeks away. Loads of things could have been a problem - unable to get a stadium to host the game, opposition, accomodation, transport, all to be sorted before going out there.

Maybe the Malaysian public or sponsors weren't that interested as we aren't a Premier League club as well. No sponsors or crowds and it could have cost the club hundreds of thousands to take 50 players out there for a week, with flights travel and accomodation.

There are plenty of genuine potential reasons.
The deal with the Malaysians is supposed to be for the long term - well we will see if that is the case now.

It will be interesting to see Dave Jones' comments now that he has returned.

Surely it would have killed any development stone dead if the tour had been a disaster - not to mention the effect it could have had on players and the club in general.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:10 pm

He's right about one thing though - we are better than Man United and Chelsea.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Annis, It seams to me that DJ was all for the tour not only for the pre-season training but also as a PR excersise. Someone from above has other ideas and told DJ to issue a statement to try and redeem the situation. DJ must be pissed off...when will they ever learn? :evil:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Roy wrote:Annis, It seams to me that DJ was all for the tour not only for the pre-season training but also as a PR excersise. Someone from above has other ideas and told DJ to issue a statement to try and redeem the situation. DJ must be pissed off...when will they ever learn? :evil:

Roy, I agree, some porkies are being told,City never had the money to go in my opinion.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 pm

To me it's just unnecessary lies. Why lie? We are not stupid and we always get the truth so we'll always know a lie when it's being told.
Wise up Gethin, you are not at your tin pot rugby club now with bonehead pissed fans. Here's a better idea, f**k off back there and take the other rugger buggers with you. You can lie to your fans to your hearts content there because no one gives a shit.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 pm

The F.A. of Malaysia (FAM) confirmed in the Star Newspaper (Malaysian) that a friendly between Malaysian national side and CCFC had been CONFIRMED FOR THE 17th of July THIS YEAR.

This was published on the 4th June and they even moved some of their league fixtures to accomodate.

I have been to Malaysia on a few occasions and can assure everyone that their tourism expertise is second to NONE, I can be a fair judge of this as I was a tour operator. They could organise a tour like this in a few days including luxury hotels, transfers, V.I.P immigration and the kit skips.
Malaysia is a country that relies a lot on tourism and we must stop making them out to be 3rd world country, it is quite insulting.

Let us have the truth, whoever is in charge!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:38 pm

tdob wrote:
ackers1927 wrote:Seems to me that the board is split down the middle and are doing their own thing!

Really? You think a guy making a reported 50K has more pull than the Malaysians and Borley? Would be very strange if true...

Its not just him remember the people that brought him to our club, that dont care if we go under or not, as they have nothing to gain from us now.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 pm

F.A of Malaysia also confirmed that the game would be played at Bukit Jalil National Stadium (capacity 87,411 all seater) which is just to the south of Kuala Lumpur, the capital.

So they had even confirmed the venue so we can't use that as an excuse either.

Let's just have the truth (someone)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:18 am

I would rather the club use the money for players than a glorified jolly, I think it's a big fuss about nothing......

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:57 am

If that is the case why did the club ask the F.A. of Malaysia for the fixture in the first place, and even let them re arrange their league fixtures to accommodate us to play their national side at their Bukit jalil national stadium on 17th July.
This may seem a fuss about nothing to you but you forget that supporters have booked to go there and will now lose their money. The arrangements for the club were fully in place and only days ago DJ whilst out there was telling the Malaysian media that we would be bringing 50 players out there and joking that we were bigger than Man Utd and Arsenal who have visited there.

What is needed is the club to come clean and tell the truth as to why this tour was called off.

Already the press in Malaysia have been contacted by hoteliers trying to find out what is going on as fans booked have been trying to get refunds. We are going to be a laughing stock out there and i am sure it has harmed any chance of raising support from the far east and must be a considerable embarassment to TG and VT.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm

If you want to look at this from a really wacky perspective, then the cancellation might be related to giving us another 12 months to get into the Premier League so we can tour Malaysia as as an EPL club next summer ;)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 pm

Love DJ or hate him, I agree with Gwyn when he says that the way things are going DJ will jump ship soon :old:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm

kavanagh wrote:Love DJ or hate him, I agree with Gwyn when he says that the way things are going DJ will jump ship soon :old:

Yes and then we'll have absolutely no football people left at the club. Who'll be our new signings, Gavin f*cking Henson no doubt. May as well start filling the pitch with rugby people now there's not much room left off it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:If you want to look at this from a really wacky perspective, then the cancellation might be related to giving us another 12 months to get into the Premier League so we can tour Malaysia as as an EPL club next summer ;)

Tony I think you are close.

Its probably more like -it'll cost us money we havent got to do it, and our profile is too low to attract sponsorship or crowds to cover it.

Hopefully next year it will be different.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Then back out gracefully and not imply that they are incapable of hosting a visit of a championship side
due to logistical problems.