Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A CLUB IN CRISIS !!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:21 am

Carl's original post was a good read, but, surely, the story in today's Echo shows that there was an ulterior motive behind it? It can hardly be a coincidence that something entitled "A CLUB IN CRISIS!!!" appears on here a couple of days before we see a story proclaiming that Sam Hammam is on his way back - apparently to do the very things that many on this board over the past fortnight or so have been arguing the club lacked.

It then emerges that Carl was at a meeting with our former owner only last week - unfortunately, far too much of what you read about Cardiff City these days has someone or another's agenda behind it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 pm

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Carl's original post was a good read, but, surely, the story in today's Echo shows that there was an ulterior motive behind it? It can hardly be a coincidence that something entitled "A CLUB IN CRISIS!!!" appears on here a couple of days before we see a story proclaiming that Sam Hammam is on his way back - apparently to do the very things that many on this board over the past fortnight or so have been arguing the club lacked.

It then emerges that Carl was at a meeting with our former owner only last week - unfortunately, far too much of what you read about Cardiff City these days has someone or another's agenda behind it.

Or maybe it's just as simple as the fact the local media are always late when to comes to "breaking stories" as they are basically clueless?

Which is far more plausible than claimnig conspircacy theories.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Right, so it was all a complete coincidence then?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Who knows?

You don't, but seem willing enough to subscribe a motivation to it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:59 pm

The agenda is very, very clear and has been for a very long time.

Sadly, this agenda is solely for the benefit of certain posters here and not for the greater good of our football club.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Ah right, Claude. Got you. There must be an agenda. Everyone must be a Hammam acolyte - which given you post here, must class you in that category too :lol:

You come here, claiming there's an agenda, there was the now discreditted claims of "mod abuse"...

What's your agenda for posting here? or do you freely accept people can post without having an agenda of any kind?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:36 pm

carlccfc wrote:Taken from today's Echo -

And what of the near future? Cardiff City have to find £1.5m to pay Sunderland money they are owed on Michael Chopra. The deal was £500,000 down, £1m a year later (which was paid) and the remaining £1.5m in 18 months – and that timescale is up in July.

I've thought about it and this doesn't make any sense to me, Carl. Perhaps you can clarify:

Chopra signed permanently for City on 4/7/2009. Apparently, the downpayment was £500,000.

The Echo report says another £1 million would be due a year later, which is in three days' time.

That would leave a further £1.5 million to pay.

So how come the report claims £1.5 million has been paid and another £1.5 million is due?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:38 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

And what of the near future? Cardiff City have to find £1.5m to pay Sunderland money they are owed on Michael Chopra. The deal was £500,000 down, £1m a year later (which was paid) and the remaining £1.5m in 18 months – and that timescale is up in July.

I've thought about it and this doesn't make any sense to me, Carl. Perhaps you can clarify:

Chopra signed permanently for City on 4/7/2009. Apparently, the downpayment was £500,000.

The Echo report says another £1 million would be due a year later, which is in three days' time.

So how come the report claims £1.5 million has been paid and another £1.5 million is due?

Unless the second payment of £1m was paid early rather than leaving it until the deadline?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:57 pm

nerd wrote:Who knows?

You don't, but seem willing enough to subscribe a motivation to it.

Terrible isn't it, I really will have to stop making such reckless allegations.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:59 pm

nerd wrote:Unless the second payment of £1m was paid early rather than leaving it until the deadline?

I can't believe that happened given the mess the finances were in throughout last season.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:03 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Could it be that the initial £500,000 was paid when we took Chopra on loan a second time just before the January transfer window closed in 2009? Peter Ridsdale always said that Chopra would definitely be signing permanently for City in the summer, so perhaps that £500,000 was a combined loan/downpayment fee?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Claude Blue wrote:The agenda is very, very clear and has been for a very long time.

Sadly, this agenda is solely for the benefit of certain posters here and not for the greater good of our football club.

I don't see any agenda. What agenda is that then? Please do explain because if anyone has an aganda it's the ones who come on here having a pop at everything that's posted. Maybe you are worried about your job Claude?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 pm

WELCOME ON BOARD The Other Bob Wilson :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 pm

the other Bob Wilson wrote:Carl's original post was a good read, but, surely, the story in today's Echo shows that there was an ulterior motive behind it? It can hardly be a coincidence that something entitled "A CLUB IN CRISIS!!!" appears on here a couple of days before we see a story proclaiming that Sam Hammam is on his way back - apparently to do the very things that many on this board over the past fortnight or so have been arguing the club lacked.

My posts have been of a similar nature for the past 8 months Bob that I have been on here and they in no way have had an ulterior motive, yes I met Sam 10 days ago but my first ever contact with Sam Hammam came only a week prior to that, I am not proclaiming to be an 'inner circle', I was invited to meet with Sam and I gladly accepted his invitation, please note also that a week prior to meeting Sam I met the Chief Exec Gethin Jenkins and I believe my report was a positive one but I could have made it very different, as the trust could have after their meeting with them too.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Out of interest, why did you meet with Hammam?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Out of interest, why did you meet with Hammam?

You could Ask why do I chat to you on here ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Chopra signed in January Dave and we were told the deal would be made permanent in July, so the payment of £500k was made in January and the £1 million over last season with the remainder to be paid on July 1st 2010, today.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Out of interest, why did you meet with Hammam?

Because he asked :?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm

or even more simple carl was fortunate to be invited alone tothe meeting seeing as he is the one who normally informs us with 99% :D accuracy, but unfortunate enough to be told he was not allowed to divulge the contents of that meeting at sams house.
how many on here would have been able to keep shtum

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:31 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:

or even more simple carl was fortunate to be invited alone tothe meeting seeing as he is the one who normally informs us with 99% :D accuracy, but unfortunate enough to be told he was not allowed to divulge the contents of that meeting at sams house.

I was not alone Nips and did I want to tell the world I had met Sam yes I did, did I learn incredible things yes, do I want to tell you all, yes but I gave my word prior to the meeting and I kept it, the same as I done at the meeting when Gethin Jenkins, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins all said things but asked for certain comments not to be repeated and they were not and will not be.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:09 pm

Right, so you don't know him but were invited to a meeting with him?

So, you and Annis had a meeting with Hammam. What a surprise.

This folks is the "inner circle" at work, many of you will remember how it worked when Hammam was in charge here.

Strange how the various attacks on Gethin Jenkins, PMG et al commenced around the same time.

Obeying your Master?

Agenda? What agenda :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Right, so you don't know him but were invited to a meeting with him?

So, you and Annis had a meeting with Hammam. What a surprise.

This folks is the "inner circle" at work, many of you will remember how it worked when Hammam was in charge here.

Strange how the various attacks on Gethin Jenkins, PMG et al commenced around the same time.

Obeying your Master?

Agenda? What agenda :lol: :lol:

Funny how the MEETING WAS 3 WEEKS AFTER THE FALL OUT WITH GETHIN JENKINS and Carl never knew he was going to be invited :lol: :lol: GOT YOU Claude.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

So, the meetings are so secret that some of those attending don't actually know they're going?!!!

Are they blindfolded en route?

Do they have to swear an allegiance to the Lord Hammam?

All a bit "Secret Seven" to me.

Perhaps you should get Agatha Christie to write your next book?!!!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Claude Blue wrote:So, the meetings are so secret that some of those attending don't actually know they're going?!!!

THATS THE INNER CIRCLE FOR YOU Claude, Do you want to join ? :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:36 pm

Claude Blue wrote:So, the meetings are so secret that some of those attending don't actually know they're going?!!!

What are you failing to understand of what I said exactly ?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 pm

No ta, you're welcome to your inner circle.

I'll stay outside and keep a careful watch on you all.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Claude Blue wrote:No ta, you're welcome to your inner circle.

I'll stay outside and keep a careful watch on you all.

:lol: Ok

Claude I respect your wishes, we do need keeping an eye on :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:

I was not alone Nips and did I want to tell the world I had met Sam yes I did, did I learn incredible things yes, do I want to tell you all, yes but I gave my word prior to the meeting and I kept it, the same as I done at the meeting when Gethin Jenkins, Wayne Nash and Julian Jenkins all said things but asked for certain comments not to be repeated and they were not and will not be.

The problem with all that is you get put in an awkward position Carl.

Allowed to say soem things, which suit the guy who told you, but not others, which clearly dont'.

Then you end up being the one under fire.

Its a trick used by a lot of footy/business people - Sam used it and so did Ridsdale - hence stick which was handed out to those who put the info. forward -Annis, Gwyn, TLG, Corky... all were 'in the know' at times in the past, and all had to take a lot of abuse for it.

Remember Gwyn and Corky after 'Black Friday' ?

Right now you are presenting a position, but only part of the reason.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Hence the problem with inner circles.

Sadly, some are so desperate to be "in the know" that they turn their backs on their fellow fans.

Hammam was brilliant at it and knew exactly who to involve - clearly he's doing the same again.

Ridsdale did the same, initially with a similar group. Of course, many of this inner circle now deny their membership :lol:

Let's hope that TG doesn't adopt a similar approach, although the "inner circle groupies" have sucked up to him, Hammanesque, already :roll: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Hence the problem with inner circles.

Sadly, some are so desperate to be "in the know" that they turn their backs on their fellow fans.

Hammam was brilliant at it and knew exactly who to involve - clearly he's doing the same again.

Ridsdale did the same, initially with a similar group. Of course, many of this inner circle now deny their membership :lol:

Let's hope that TG doesn't adopt a similar approach, although the "inner circle groupies" have sucked up to him, Hammanesque, already :roll: :lol: :lol:

There is a far better way of making your point.

Your input into the debate has to be welcomed as the 'other side' is short of representation, but really no need for cheap shots.

You make decent some decent points, don't spoil it.