Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A CLUB IN CRISIS !!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:59 pm

nobby wrote:Once again our club is becoming a laughing stock and again we are slowly going down the pan.

We have very limited income streams and this situation is unlikely to improve, the debt will get deeper and deeper and i cannot see a way out for us unless.

A. The Malaysians throw money at us and clear ALL our debts in one go and get most of the shares and ownership, but this is highly unlikely.

B. We sell as many players as we can for money up front and rebuild our side with cheaper signing or loanees, but yet again very little clubs can afford money up front for players nowadays so this seems unlikely to.

So where do we go from here.

As for the new CEO he is becoming a joke and is also proving his incompetence, we are the last to hear of any goings on at the club, the news we get with regards to fixture changes etc etc is coming from other clubs first, we are a joke.

If things dont change soon i can see us becoming the next Portsmouth Fc and slowly the reality of our financial mess is truly hitting home. :cry:

Actually Nobby you get to hear it first on here first.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm

An excellent post, Carl though it worries the hell out of me regarding the upcoming season. I don`t know all the politics surrounding the club (thank christ) But if Sam can work with the Malaysians and sort out the Langstone issue. I would welcome him back tommorow.

Same old City theres always some form of crap to be facing as a supporter.

JBBJ

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Yet again we seem to be back on that same old rollercoaster.

Just as we thought we were sailing into calmer waters it seems the storm is not yet over.

It is NOT easy being a fan of Cardiff City.

Carl, thanks for the updates. We may not be happy with what we're reading but it's always fascinating and exciting to know atleast some of what is going on behind the scenes.

Will we ever have a truly stable club to support?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:
nobby wrote:Once again our club is becoming a laughing stock and again we are slowly going down the pan.

We have very limited income streams and this situation is unlikely to improve, the debt will get deeper and deeper and i cannot see a way out for us unless.

A. The Malaysians throw money at us and clear ALL our debts in one go and get most of the shares and ownership, but this is highly unlikely.

B. We sell as many players as we can for money up front and rebuild our side with cheaper signing or loanees, but yet again very little clubs can afford money up front for players nowadays so this seems unlikely to.

So where do we go from here.

As for the new CEO he is becoming a joke and is also proving his incompetence, we are the last to hear of any goings on at the club, the news we get with regards to fixture changes etc etc is coming from other clubs first, we are a joke.

If things dont change soon i can see us becoming the next Portsmouth Fc and slowly the reality of our financial mess is truly hitting home. :cry:

Actually Nobby you get to hear it first on here first.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 pm

I'll be at the next march!!! :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 pm

why on earth did they employ this rugby fool? talk about jobs for the boys. Doesnt take much to work out who sanctioned this job, he's made millions out of cardiff city...why doesnt he just do one???? Guy wont put a penny in now there's nothing else to fleece us for in the future....roaches the lot of them

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gonzo wrote:The Riddler was right, we do need him............

Annis, get Sam on the phone. He could come in and sort this mess out!! He knows how to run a football club, deal with players and agents and sort out transfers.

I can only Dream of Sam returning, We need the Fans to want him back, I know the Malaysians would like to work with him.

The time is fast approaching for Sam to return, I, for one, think that time is NOW! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Carl

Thanks for the info, the situation beggars belief.

I now fear for the club, today the club denied that they had announced that there would be a Malaysian tour. This is a barefaced lie and if the club search the Malaysian press they will see a quote from DJ (whilst he was there) extolling the virtues of the tie up between Malaysian owners and CCFC and boasting that we would be the first uk club to bring over 50 players on a tour.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/jdi9o/Article/ :roll:
This was a few weeks ago and DJ said nothing about the logistic problems that have suddenly appeared.

The club duped close to £3,000,000 from the supporters before xmas when money was tight by falsehoods and misinformation and now they have cost loyal supporters thousands regarding this trip which was confirmed by the F.A. of Malaysia but the club deny ever announcing.

This is not a way supporters should be treated. Someone needs to get a grip!!

I never knew Sam and can't claim to have any inside info on him, the one thing I did see was that he had a passion which is sadly lacking at the moment. Why cant we harness his passion and football knowledge without any financial control!!!

If something isn't sorted soon we could lose our club and some directors lose a considerable amount of money ( some wont though as they have first call on a lot of things)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm

great post Carl and I hope that something now happens as a result of , Im guessing the Malaysians aint gonna put another penny into CCFC which means that ALL that can be done is a rich person or indeed 1 who is owed millions by CCFC buys back onto the board and that PMG do the right thing and walk away with the land they got on the cheap , the odd bonus or 2 but NOTHING else in cash for their share takeover ( by Sam hopefully) . Sam is key here now I think ??? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:40 pm

As long as guy and co are here we will go from problem to problem as they are here only for the money ,

Gethin is not up to a job like this is what a close and trusted friend the day I told him he was starting with us! And my friend used to have a lot of dealings with him! Should never have been given the job!

The club needs to do something fast to steady the fans, we need a football man in as soon as possible because I fear for us if we don't!

I know ridsdale had his massive faults he was a good smooth talker and people like him are needed in football because the majority if it is bullshit and bravardo, And he had that in buckets full!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 pm

carlccfc wrote:Our club is in crisis lets not kid ourselves it is not, we have heard or seen enough lately to know there are problems and it is about time it gets dealt with.

With all due respect Carl, just eleven days ago you were telling us a very different story:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16101&p=151681#p151681

That's what frustrates me about the so-called 'exclusives' and items of 'latest news' which pop up on this board so regularly. They are often so contradictory it's incredible. One minute it's fantastic news and everything is on the up, the next we are a club in crisis.

No doubt I will be called all the names under the sun for pointing out such glaring contradictions, and no doubt I will be labelled a sniper yet again. But, like most City fans, all I've ever wanted is to hear the truth. Simple as that.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry Rymo anyone bar him !!!!!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 pm

TLG.

The truth?, thats exactly what they (malaysian press) expected from DJ when he was there.Says one thing one week and then another thing the next week.

It is no small wonder that our perception changes, surely even you can see that !!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Sorry ridifrid I meant we need someone like him not him! I wouldn't let that teat cross the Severn bridge again if I had my way!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Our club is in crisis lets not kid ourselves it is not, we have heard or seen enough lately to know there are problems and it is about time it gets dealt with.

With all due respect Carl, just eleven days ago you were telling us a very different story:

That's what frustrates me about the so-called 'exclusives' and items of 'latest news' which pop up on this board so regularly. They are often so contradictory it's incredible. One minute it's fantastic news and everything is on the up, the next we are a club in crisis.

No doubt I will be called all the names under the sun for pointing out such glaring contradictions, and no doubt I will be labelled a sniper yet again. But, like most City fans, all I've ever wanted is to hear the truth. Simple as that.

TLG,

In a way you are correct, some posts do appear to contradic each other but I wouldn't say it's because we're being fed misinformation from Carl, It's more the case that it's the club that's giving off mixed messages. One minute we're being told top 2 is the target, Bellamy is coming, big contract offer to Ledley but also being told of cost cutting, late wages and cancelled tours. It's clear that the club has no clear direction at the moment. It's time for a leader to step forward, take the bull by the horns and get us ready for the new season but who currently at the club is willing to do this?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:00 pm

If the club is in CRISIS!!!
Why did TG top up this months wage bill?
I would suggest he and Vincent Tan are experts at turning around bankrupt companies. They play hard ball with creditors for big discounts and payment settlements.
They own this club the fact they only have 37% shares is irrelevant.
Its Sam and Guy who are under pressure.
They want there money back but when and how?
Some might say at the end of the day they'll sell the squad and stadium.
But who to and at what price?
If the stadium was to be sold off the council would want their money and land back.
Would they be willing to give planning permission for change of use?
I.e. houses and shops.
Sam and Guy are boxed in a corner.
Look at the Pompey situation creditors got 20p in the pound.
I thought that was good I’d say 5p would be more like it at City.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Sam wants back in for his money and Guy wants out for money , obvious solution is the use Sam's debt to " buy out " Guy ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

dave
my version of the truth is as follows
we are skint and have no money for new players unless we sell.
how on earth people have got carried away on this signing bellamy rollercoaster is beyond me
we all knew that future incomes for next season had been used by the previous chairman and that the 6 million invested by the malaysians was spent the moment they put it into the bank account.
everybody knew just by doing basic maths we were going to be struggling throughout this season without more major investment.
i still cant really get my head around why the malaysians invested the monies they did because they would have certainly known it was going to take at least twice that just to get us through till xmas.
i really feel if they are serious about taking the club forward they will need to put one of their own people within the club structure as a matter of urgency.
i had heard that dato's sons had applied to cardiff university and that if successful dato was going to spend a lot of time over here.
i sincerely hope their applications are successful because the club needs the leadership of a hands on day to day chairman

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:14 pm

Malaysians only own 36% of CCFC and have already put in way more than £6 mil , so IMO its time for the other 64% to dig deep too and follow the example set by VT and TG . But I think they are now doing a Riddler and putting nothing in and wanting £££££'s out , I would reduce their shares and use to Langstone money to give Sam the shares . If these so called directors are football fans and love CCFC then that is their only option . Whether u love or hate Sam he holds the key to wiping at least £10 mil off the debt plus another £5 mil stadium naming rights too , makes sense to me !!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 pm

steve davies wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:

dave
my version of the truth is as follows
how on earth people have got carried away on this signing bellamy rollercoaster is beyond me
we all knew that future incomes for next season had been used by the previous chairman and that the 6 million invested by the malaysians was spent the moment they put it into the bank account.
everybody knew just by doing basic maths we were going to be struggling throughout this season without more major investment.
i still cant really get my head around why the malaysians invested the monies they did because they would have certainly known it was going to take at least twice that just to get us through till xmas.
i really feel if they are serious about taking the club forward they will need to put one of their own people within the club structure as a matter of urgency.
i had heard that dato's sons had applied to cardiff university and that if successful dato was going to spend a lot of time over here.
i sincerely hope their applications are successful because the club needs the leadership of a hands on day to day chairman

But weren't they tied into the £6m investment before the play offs?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:17 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Malaysians only own 36% of CCFC and have already put in way more than £6 mil , so IMO its time for the other 64% to dig deep too and follow the example set by VT and TG . But I think they are now doing a Riddler and putting nothing in and wanting £££££'s out , I would reduce their shares and use to Langstone money to give Sam the shares . If these so called directors are football fans and love CCFC then that is their only option . Whether u love or hate Sam he holds the key to wiping at least £10 mil off the debt plus another £5 mil stadium naming rights too , makes sense to me !!!! :ayatollah:

How would that work though? There isn't enough unused share capital in the club to cover the conversion of £10m into shares surely?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Malaysians only own 36% of CCFC and have already put in way more than £6 mil , so IMO its time for the other 64% to dig deep too and follow the example set by VT and TG . But I think they are now doing a Riddler and putting nothing in and wanting £££££'s out , I would reduce their shares and use to Langstone money to give Sam the shares . If these so called directors are football fans and love CCFC then that is their only option . Whether u love or hate Sam he holds the key to wiping at least £10 mil off the debt plus another £5 mil stadium naming rights too , makes sense to me !!!! :ayatollah:

How would that work though? There isn't enough unused share capital in the club to cover the conversion of £10m into shares surely?

thats where they have to negotiate I hope ?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

thats where they have to negotiate I hope ?

Negotiate what though? If the unused share capital isn't there then what can be negotiated? And surely the conversion of any unused share capital would further dilute the current shareholding. Would the Malaysians rally be happy with that?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:In a way you are correct, some posts do appear to contradic each other but I wouldn't say it's because we're being fed misinformation from Carl, It's more the case that it's the club that's giving off mixed messages. One minute we're being told top 2 is the target, Bellamy is coming, big contract offer to Ledley but also being told of cost cutting, late wages and cancelled tours.

TG told shareholders at the General Meeting that pormotion is once again the target this season, and he would prefer a top two finish as he the play-offs nearly gave him a heart attack. That much is true.

However, as far as I'm aware nobody at the club has ever said anything publicly about Bellamy apart from Steve Borley, who described signing the Man City striker as "an impossible dream."

I haven't bothered following the Ledley saga too closely as I've been 100% certain that he'll be off since we lost the play-off final. That's not down to anything I've read or heard. It's just my opinion. But it has been reported that we made a decent offer to Ledley by our standards and I've read nothing to contradict that. Indeed, the suggestion from those allegedly in the know on this board has been that the press reports were correct.

The new regime have talked about running the club more sensibly in terms of its finances from day one. TG has said, Paul Guy has said it and Gethin Jenkins has said it. And no surprise there, because if the club continues to be run as it has been in recent years, it will go to the wall within months.

The late wages is another message board rumour. It may well be correct. I have no idea. I also have no idea why the wages were late if they were. Until it is confirmed and an explanation is given, I won't worry about it.

As for the cancelled tour, that strikes me as more than a little bit suspicious, but it was never confirmed by the club in the first place so I can't get too worked up about it.

As far as I am aware, there have been no mixed messages coming out of the club. Indeed, it seems there has been very little news of any sort coming out of the club. All is relatively quiet, as you would expect at this time of year.

The mixed messages have been arriving via the message boards, not via the club.

Here's something Carl wrote just nine days ago:

"There is a lot of speculation at present and it is centered around whether or not TG and VT splash the cash or take a more stable approach. I am responsible for a fair share of the news around the messageboards and I stand by everything I write up but I know there is a responsibility too, I want everyone to know that the club is in good hands now and they are trying to keep the best players here and they have offered Joe an incredible deal plus they are still talking about Bellamy."

Less than a fortnight later, we are a club in crisis!

That's what I call mixed messages. And that's why I think those who are given information from whatever source should be as certain as they can be that it is accurate before they post it on boards such as this. Failing to do so raises fans' expectations when there is no need to, and by the same token it disappoints fans where there is no need to.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 pm

steve davies wrote:my version of the truth is as follows

Steve, your version tallies pretty much with my thoughts.

The Malaysian deal was essential for the club's survival and Messrs Chan and Tan drove a pretty hard bargain in some respects. Several debts have been converted into shares, some have been restructured while others have been paid off. That's all positive. But, as you say, simple mathematics reveals that the money the Malaysians invested wasn't going to last long, let alone bankroll Premiership signings.

I can't believe people fell for the Bellamy bollocks. It was Fantasy Island stuff as we both said a couple of weeks ago. The nature and complexity of the investment deal shows that the Malaysians aren't likely to start throwing money around. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the club will have to sell at least one player before it can buy for any serious sort of money, and it may well be that a couple will have to go in order for genuine cash to be spent on the squad.

Cash for players isn't going to suddenly appear out of thin air and it never was.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:40 pm

TLG

what about the comments made by DJ when he was in Malaysia about the pre arranged tour and yet days later the club is saying there is logistical reasons, even though the club told me today that the they had never announced such a tour.

Are you saying that they got it wrong, we got it wrong and the F.A. of Malaysia also got it wrong in re arranging their league fixtures to accommodate the friendly on the 17th July THIS YEAR at the Bukit Jalil national stadium (87,411 all seater)

DJ boasting that we would be the first UK league side to be bringing 50 players on tour, come on TLG even you must see that the club is telling porkies.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:50 pm

ridofrid wrote:what about the comments made by DJ when he was in Malaysia about the pre arranged tour and yet days later the club is saying there is logistical reasons, even though the club told me today that the they had never announced such a tour.

TLG even you must see that the club is telling porkies.

I haven't suggested otherwise. In fact, I said I found the club's excuses more than a little bit suspicious.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 pm

great post carl, thanks :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 pm

If PMG want out - do the Malaysians want to purchase those shares? Is this a battle over valuation?
Bosco

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 pm

There is absolutely nothing new in Carls post. All he's done is reiterate certain points he's made before and then goes on to scaremonger.

TLG is quite correct when he states that Carls posts are contradictory. I'd add that he uses a few morsals of inside information then twist them to suit his, and this MB's agenda - or some of the usual suspects on here do so for him.

The usual anti-Gethin Jenkins gets an airing before we reach the true raison d'etre of the hierarchy of this MB i.e the return of Sam Hammam.

Fortunatly I, and a couple of others on here, have noted this agenda before although I must say that this thread is the most nauseating of the lot.