Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A CLUB IN CRISIS !!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Our club is in crisis lets not kid ourselves it is not, we have heard or seen enough lately to know there are problems and it is about time it gets dealt with.

Before I try an explain why we are in crisis I must point out that I believe the Malaysians are honourable people and should never be forgotten as the men who saved this club from dying. When the money was needed to fend off the taxman it was the Malaysians and not the major shareholders at the club who put forward the money. This leads me on to why we are in crisis.

What we must ask ourselves is, Why didn't the major shareholders put money in to keep the club alive when it was most needed ? Was it because in the past these shareholders and directors loaned the club money in return for land ? Was it the case that when the club needed their help more recently there was no land left to take ? Is this why they looked for external investment rather than put their hands in their own pockets ?

Again whatever happens we will never forget who saved this club from dying, the Malaysians saved it. But people ask why did they only take 30 % of shares. They actually took 36.75% of shares because there was £2 million worth of shares offered to existing shareholders but the takeup was very poor, with only £130k being taken and add to that Borley and Whitely's £100k stadium completion bonus being converted to shares from the same share issue, then the Malaysians 30% was swelled to 36.75%.

I have previously explained that there is a lot of money due to be paid out soon, namely there is £1.5 to be paid in July to conclude the deal with Sunderland(Chopra), the overall cost is £3 million, £500k was paid upfront and a further million over the course of last season leaving us with the figure I say.

Then there is a payment of £2 million I believe is due to Paul Guy in September but as I have said previously hopefully this can be negotiated for the good health of the club.

We know the wages are £1.2 million a month, whilst I am on the subject of the wages I have learned that in Malaysia it is not uncommon that a monthly pay is paid after the month ends, I am not saying this is the reason for the club staff pay being late but it may offer an understanding at least. I am told that as yet the staff and players have not received their monthly pay but they will get it and the Malaysians are paying it.

We are all aware of Langston, again I have said that the debt of £10 million to Langston is due to be paid by 31.12.2010 or the figure reverts back to the original loan of £24 million, despite what people have said in recent days I have learned from sources close to the deal that i am right in what I say and whatever people were led to believe is simply not the truth of the situation. The club must, even to the most simple person pay this debt off sooner rather than later.

I believe the Malayisans are still in talks with a Chinese firm over the stadium naming rights but £5 million goes to Langston whatever price is agreed between the club and sponsor.

So all this money outlined above is to be paid out in the next six months, now ask yourself this, if you owned 30% overall of the club would you take on 100% of the financial responsibility or would you want and expect the other directors/shareholders, who dont forget have done handsomely well from the land deals and stadium build, to pitch in too. I am told that was the thinking the Malaysians had coming into the club.

This leads us onto the day to day running of the club. I have witnessed, what I believe, staff doing jobs who are way out their depth and there is no one in control, we are looking like amatuers, not professionals.

The Malaysians are in charge, obviously they hold the top seat, but who is running the club whilst they are in Malaysia, it is the rugby element of the board, who brought in Gethin Jenkins, Paul Guy and Alan Whitely did. Gethin Jenkins, in my opinion, is not up to the task in hand, he doesnt know how to handle peolpe and he has been dropped in the deep end without an inflatable. There are reports of the directors and key staff members falling out, no one really knows their roles there, the office staff dont know who to turn too, there is mistake after mistake.

First it is Borley looking after transfers, he hands it to Jenkins after an alledged heated exchange of words, not one of the current players have been sat down and discussed new contracts, there is no Player of the Year doo, no open day, now we have the Malaysian tour fiasco that the club says it never even confirmed it originally, yet fans were booking flights and hotels. The club shop is a joke, there is no stock in there, we should have a full pre season programme to look forward too for botht the first squad and the reserves but it has turned into a joke. There is no leader within the club to sail the ship ahead, at this moment it has no direction, we need someone who understands football, this should be the busiest time of the season behind the scenes but we are stale, we are not doing anything. There is not a person in the club capable of making decisions and taking control of the situation, put simply it is too big them and they cant handle it.

We the fans are getting mixed messages, first we are after Bellamy then we are after frees or loans, next we are going for a top 2 finish then we are taking it easy and be patient. The Malaysians do not know how to run a football club, neither does Paul Guy and Gethin Jenkins definately does not. There has to be change in the club soon as far as I am concerned, if the Malaysians do not recognise what is going on, the crisis will deepen.

PMG wants out, Whitely wants out, Borley has had a gutsful and Gethin Jenkins does not know what he has entered into, I am tired of speaking to people who tell me the same thing everyday, it is a shambles down there, this one doesnt know what he's doing, that one dont care, well what I will say to those people is this, you hold prominent positions and you can help to change the situation so stand up and be counted for the good of Cardiff City Football Club.

Exclusive to www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk

Re: A CLUB IN CRISIS !!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 pm

The problem you have as well Carl is players talk to each other. If a player is thinking about coming to Cardiff then he'll ask one already here. What the hell is he going to say? I dread to think. Then if they come here who is Dave Jones going to introduce them to? Gethin Jenkins? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:05 pm

TheOutsider wrote:The problem you have as well Carl is players talk to each other. If a player is thinking about coming to Cardiff then he'll ask one already here. What the hell is he going to say? I dread to think. Then if they come here who is Dave Jones going to introduce them to? Gethin Jenkins? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

Exactly, i am only talking about those who are here nevermind the ones we are trying to convince.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 pm

Carl it is an Excellent up date of the Situation at Our Club, Sadly its a Bad one, but It is The "TRUTH" and some people will slate you, me or any one else who tells the Truth, Why Because The Truth Hurts.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 pm

I fear the worst.....

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 pm

TheOutsider wrote:The problem you have as well Carl is players talk to each other. If a player is thinking about coming to Cardiff then he'll ask one already here. What the hell is he going to say? I dread to think. Then if they come here who is Dave Jones going to introduce them to? Gethin Jenkins? I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

Outsider, I have already been told Our current players are already unhappy about no new players coming in and the club is looking like it is being run by Mickey Mouse.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl it is an Excellent up date of the Situation at Our Club, Sadly its a Bad one, but It is The "TRUTH" and some people will slate you, me or any one else who tells the Truth, Why Because The Truth Hurts.

Annis unfortunately I am lucky enough to be be privvy to lots of goings on and I will continue to tell it on here when I can, some dont know what I know but it is not their fault.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:12 pm

I expect the worse - as always with CCFC - then it's impossible to get disappointed. What started out as a positive pre-season now looks like a laughable scenario from a carry on film. I will pray that TG and the malyasian consortium will see the post Carl and do something about it. Enough is enough and its time to get a firm grip of whats going on once and for all. We are becoming an embarrasment to football. :(

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Playing the Devils Advocate, was there a case for keeping Ridsdale for an extra couple of months? He could have bedded the new man in and got the transfer ball rolling.
He knows f-all about finance but he does know football.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

That post says it all, cheers Carl. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:17 pm

It seems to me that the cracks were simply papered over but are now showing through again. What was needed was a complete overhaul but that didn't happen. To be fair that's what I thought was going to happen when Ridsdale left rather than a paper over the cracks job.
The Malaysians bought us time which was great but they could have been wasting their time and money if a big change isn't made and made now. It's not rocket science, common sense really.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 pm

The Riddler was right, we do need him............

Annis, get Sam on the phone. He could come in and sort this mess out!! He knows how to run a football club, deal with players and agents and sort out transfers.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

I'd be quite happy to have Sam back after reading that lot!

Once again, Thanks Carl!!! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Playing the Devils Advocate, was there a case for keeping Ridsdale for an extra couple of months? He could have bedded the new man in and got the transfer ball rolling.
He knows f-all about finance but he does know football.

I have to agree with that, but regarding money he raped our Club in my opinion.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Gonzo wrote:The Riddler was right, we do need him............

Annis, get Sam on the phone. He could come in and sort this mess out!! He knows how to run a football club, deal with players and agents and sort out transfers.

I can only Dream of Sam returning, We need the Fans to want him back, I know the Malaysians would like to work with him.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm

On the phone? No, don't bother with the phone, get round his house and drag him back by the eyebrowse. Lock him in the stadium and don't let him out until everything is sorted once and for all.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:27 pm

something will give if this is true,the malaysians will get wind of what is happening or are they forcing this situation themselves.
all very worrying but for the sake of the club lets hope the malaysians react quickly. surely they will not allow this shambles to continue?
hope this is not a pompey mk2.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Thanks for the news Carl!
Seems to me the person that holds the key to sorting this mess out is Sam.

He knows how to run a football club, he holds the key to keeping Langtons happy and he loves our club.

The last thing we need is people at the top not giving a f**k if we go under because they have taken everything they wanted. Which we have got now (Borley excluded)

GET SAM BACK NOW

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I can only Dream of Sam returning, We need the Fans to want him back, I know the Malaysians would like to work with him.

Annis I honestly beleive that the vast majority of Cardiff football fans want him because of the passion and spirit that comes with him. Plus he's not afraid to put his money where his mouth is which is more than you can say for this current lot on the board. You'll never convince everyone mind but that's life, each to their own.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Does TG or VT know any of this info? If not or even if they do then they should be give this info along with a fans input! If TG is willing to talk and listen to fans like he says then forward it onto him and see what comes back?????

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Thank you Carl for your time and effort, its a shame that those at CCFC don't share your attitude.

I can honestly say I despair and now more fearful of our future than ever before, the sooner we can get the Egg Mafia from our club the better. I hate to say it but they are the scum of the earth, they are a cancer within our club and need rooting out immediately.

We started with onwards and upwards after the Malaysians stepped in but all I can see is a slippery downward slope........ I am truly saddened.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Would Sam want to come back tho?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Worrying times, personally I'd sell off chops, witts and a few and just pay Sam off instead of it going up to 24m. Let dj rebuild like he did when he arrived and just keep us up but now with a lot less debt.

Why us Whitely constantly spoke about In the same group as the egg chasers. He is a footall/city fan.

I disagree that the majority would want
Sam back and accounting was hardly his strong point anyway was it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm

G.R.A. wrote:Does TG or VT know any of this info? If not or even if they do then they should be give this info along with a fans input! If TG is willing to talk and listen to fans like he says then forward it onto him and see what comes back?????

Now he does yes.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:48 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Thank you Carl for your time and effort, its a shame that those at CCFC don't share your attitude.

I can honestly say I despair and now more fearful of our future than ever before, the sooner we can get the Egg Mafia from our club the better. I hate to say it but they are the scum of the earth, they are a cancer within our club and need rooting out immediately.

We started with onwards and upwards after the Malaysians stepped in but all I can see is a slippery downward slope........ I am truly saddened.

Thank you Richard, I will say lets hope the Malaysians see past the rugby crew and see what really has gone on.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:54 pm

we can't do anything about the egg chasers

is there ?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Sam Sam Sam

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:we can't do anything about the egg chasers

is there ?

Yes We can and We ALL Will very Soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Once again our club is becoming a laughing stock and again we are slowly going down the pan.

We have very limited income streams and this situation is unlikely to improve, the debt will get deeper and deeper and i cannot see a way out for us unless.

A. The Malaysians throw money at us and clear ALL our debts in one go and get most of the shares and ownership, but this is highly unlikely.

B. We sell as many players as we can for money up front and rebuild our side with cheaper signing or loanees, but yet again very little clubs can afford money up front for players nowadays so this seems unlikely to.

So where do we go from here.

As for the new CEO he is becoming a joke and is also proving his incompetence, we are the last to hear of any goings on at the club, the news we get with regards to fixture changes etc etc is coming from other clubs first, we are a joke.

If things dont change soon i can see us becoming the next Portsmouth Fc and slowly the reality of our financial mess is truly hitting home. :cry:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CCFC 1927 wrote:we can't do anything about the egg chasers

is there ?

Yes We can and We ALL Will very Soon :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

sam is surely not coming back is he? :ayatollah: