Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"PLEASE CONTACT THE SOUTH WALES ECHO"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 pm

The Echo have just rung me regarding The Malaysia Tour.

They are stunned by Our Club and Chief Executive Not Actually Apologising to Our Fans for the LATE Cancellation.

Are there any Fans out there who have actually Booked please Ring or email them.
Or any Fans who believe Our Club are not working with Our Fans/Caring etc etc.
Player of the Year Do Cancelled,no Explanation/This years open day now under threat, Whats next.

Tel 02920 243612 or email lisa.jones@mediawales.co.uk
Annis,
Nice speaking to you earlier. I'm looking to speak to City fans who have booked up to go to Malaysia and are either furious about the announcement that City's tour there has been postponed or quite philosophical about it. See below for my contact details.

Thanks,

Lisa Jones
Senior Reporter
Media Wales
6 Park Street
Cardiff
CF10 1XR

Re: "PLEASE CONTACT THE SOUTH WALES ECHO"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Can I lie and say I saved up all my dinner money :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Big Gwyn has booked, hes n=been asking how he goes about cancelling & getting his money back let them speak to him Annis!!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm

the guy is an arrogant p***k who has no idea on how to run a football club.

Had doubts about him when he was employed.... the joint is just full of useless Eggers now!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Eddie May wrote:I booked for 3 of us and i have left 3 messages for gethin jenkins and he has refused to call me back all day :evil: :evil:

Very true Jenkins refuses direct call nowadays, he is rem Our Chief Executive :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Who appointed the egg man ?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Who appointed the egg man ?

Allan Whitley/Paul Guy and Mike Hall introduced him to TG, No other person was Ever interviewed. Borley 100% had Nothing to do with it or was never consulted.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Didn't Gethin realise though that people have to plan and book these things well in advance? I also suppose that Malaysia is a bit off the beaten track for most high street travel shops and you'd need to do a bit more than just wonder in and buy a package.
If he didn't realise this then sorry but that's a bit naive. If he did realise this then he's smacked fans in the face and shown them real contempt. Money is hard to come by at the moment without wasting it on trips to Malaysia where you'd be staying near football pitches with nothing being played on them.
Not very good is it.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 pm

TheOutsider wrote:Didn't Gethin realise though that people have to plan and book these things well in advance? I also suppose that Malaysia is a bit off the beaten track for most high street travel shops and you'd need to do a bit more than just wonder in and buy a package.
If he didn't realise this then sorry but that's a bit naive. If he did realise this then he's smacked fans in the face and shown them real contempt. Money is hard to come by at the moment without wasting it on trips to Malaysia where you'd be staying near football pitches with nothing being played on them.
Not very good is it.

Didn't people realise fixtures were never confirmed by the club?

If anyone can show me the proof that they were set in stone by the club and the other parties, I will gladly launch my own mini tirade against whoever it is that is responsible for this mess.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 pm

They even tried to deny to me that they even stated on their site that they were going there.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
TheOutsider wrote:Didn't Gethin realise though that people have to plan and book these things well in advance? I also suppose that Malaysia is a bit off the beaten track for most high street travel shops and you'd need to do a bit more than just wonder in and buy a package.
Not very good is it.

Didn't people realise fixtures were never confirmed by the club?

If anyone can show me the proof that they were set in stone by the club and the other parties, I will gladly launch my own mini tirade against whoever it is that is responsible for this mess.

Come on Dave, They said they were going on about the Club Non stop, everyone believed we were going to Malaysia.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Come on Dave, They said they were going on about the Club Non stop, everyone believed we were going to Malaysia.

I'm being totally honest here Annis when I say I was doubtful... Probably because I didn't like the idea from the start.

I just think it's a big outgoing on something when it's not been the best of organisation and tbf, it's Cardiff City, who never do anything easily!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:11 pm

ive booked too, we have a group for 40 , all paid and all have booked leave, i want gethin to pay us all our fee's and work days :twisted:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:33 pm

I booked to go.
This was not a tour to test the team but to forge links with Malaysian supporters, who might start buying merchandise,or to attract businessmen that would benefit the club in the long run.
If this is cancelled due to the costs its very short sighted.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Aint there a Malaysian reporter on facebook, Im sure someone passed on his name.... All the reports on here should be passed onto him if we could find him and perhaps he may print something in the Malaysia Today paper and then maybe it'll get back to our so-called saviours(i use that term very lightly).

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:11 pm

I booked for me and my wife, for Maylasia { I also booked for the Madeira cup last year in Portugal that never happened, they went to main land Portugal } I have been in contact with the club sent them my travel arrangements, and cancellation notice , told them how unhappy I was,losing around £300 in cancellation fees, I do not know what they will do. if anything. I do not want to get involved with the Echo they will only use it as a way of getting at our club{ maybe correctly} they may even read this and use it.In the clubs defense they never officially stated that the tour was on, but I think I saw a link on their website stating that there was a game due to be played on July 17th has been canceled to allow Cardiff City to play on that date.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Ben wrote:ive booked too, we have a group for 40 , all paid and all have booked leave, i want gethin to pay us all our fee's and work days :twisted:

A group of 40 ??
1. I don't beleive that there was that many going in total.
2. I can't beleive you've got 40 friends.

:lol:

Anyone who can prove they had a trip there and have had to cancel it should get at least some compensation from the club.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Ben wrote:ive booked too, we have a group for 40 , all paid and all have booked leave, i want gethin to pay us all our fee's and work days :twisted:

A group of 40 ??

Anyone who can prove they had a trip there and have had to cancel it should get at least some compensation from the club.

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Lawnmower,

Should or would ????

I wont hold my breath, it will be very difficult to know mind if the CEO will not converse with the fans that have been effected.

He will not speak!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:57 pm

Not very good is it.

In fairness to our new CEO his only previous experience of arranging a pre-season tour was Newport Dragons trip to Penzance Pirates in 2008. :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:58 pm

On the Marie Celeste
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:34 pm

is bath going to happen,club worried about the bridge crossing

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:35 pm

dibstours wrote:is bath going to happen,club worried about the bridge crossing

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 pm

bath will be called of as they cant afford the coach or to pay the toll

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:50 pm

malaysian tour
by steve davies » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Bluebirds set to take on Malaysian national team
May 29 2010 by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo
Add a commentRecommend CARDIFF City will play the Malaysian national team during their pre-season tour to Kuala Lumpur on Thursday, July 15.

New Bluebirds’ chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee confirmed the pre-season trip immediately after becoming club chairman during a shareholders meeting at Cardiff City Stadium.

The date for the match against Malaysia has already been pencilled in.

“Our first team will be playing in Malaysia some time in July,” says Dato Chan, who is known as ‘TG.’ “That will be formally announced when we have the necessary permission from the Football Associations of Wales and Malaysia.

“Cardiff City, of course, will now have additional fans in Malaysia.”

TG describes Malaysia as being: “North of Singapore – and south of Thailand.”

There were talks of the Bluebirds playing in Hong Kong or Singapore as well during their trip to the Far East, but it is now far more likely manager Dave Jones and his players will stay in Malaysia and play two or three matches.

Jones, currently on a family holiday in Dubai, will go to Malaysia in June to check out facilities, including hotels and pitches for matches and training.

The Bluebirds have been to America and Canada on a pre-season trip, while Jones’ favourite venue for warm weather preparation has been Portugal. Now, though, following the £6m investment from Malaysia, City are heading for the Far East.

One of their matches looks certain to be against the Malaysian national team, ranked 146 in the world.

Cardiff City are likely to face Malaysia at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium in Kuala Lumpur, which is to the south of the city and has a capacity of more than 87,000.

The all-seater, multi-purpose stadium was built to host the 1998 Commonwealth Games.

Malaysian coach Krishnasamy Rajagobal is a former national team striker who won 20 caps between 1980 and 1983.

He was appointed national team coach in July 2009

dug this up out of the echo where as far as im concerned the new chairman of the club is announcing a malaysian tour.
perhaps gethin treats him with the same contempt as other directors and fans.

steve davies

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

A group of 40 ??

oi ill run yolu over with a lawnmower :lol:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

steve davies wrote:

bath will be called of as they cant afford the coach or to pay the toll

I've just had it confirmed that it will be on because Gethin has just learned that you don't have to pay on the way to England. But coming back he's desperatley trying to arrange a fixture at a football club in Monmouth (link here: http://www.gomuhawks.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14300&SPID=7664&SPSID=67823 )
That will kill the bridge charge and get a fixture in to boot. :lol: