Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'GETHIN JENKINS SPEAKS OUT AND LETS US FINALLY KNOW

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 11,00.html

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that the proposed pre-season tour of Malaysia, initially planned for July 2010, will now take place in 2011.

The decision comes following Cardiff City FC's manager Dave Jones' recent inspection trip to Kuala Lumpur, where a review of the timings and logistics of the proposed tour resulted in the decision to pursue alternative tour options for this year. The club will now look at plans for a pre-season tour of Malaysia next year.

Dave commented today, "After a great trip to Malaysia, we can see that the opportunities and benefits to the club would be much bigger if we have the tour next year. For the summer ahead we have decided to revert to our alternative plans, which will more than suffice for our needs."

Details of the2010 pre-season tour matches dates, times and venues will be revealed in due course via the official website.

Following positive meetings with the Football Association of Malaysia during the inspection visit, Cardiff City have extended an invitation to the Malaysia National Team to hold their training camp at Cardiff City in preparation for the 6th Asian Games in Guangzhou, China from November 12 to November 27, 2010. Dates are yet to be confirmed.

:lol:

Re: 'GETHIN JENKINS SPEAKS OUT AND LETS US FINALLY KNOW

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Following positive meetings with the Football Association of Malaysia during the inspection visit, Cardiff City have extended an invitation to the Malaysia National Team to hold their training camp at Cardiff City in preparation for the 6th Asian Games in Guangzhou, China from November 12 to November 27, 2010. Dates are yet to be confirmed.

Uh? So they will set up camp (supposedly) and then jet off half way across the world again to play their games ???

:?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Merlin wrote:

Uh? So they will set up camp (supposedly) and then jet off half way across the world again to play their games ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:25 pm

So it was cancelled because of logistics and timing as was stated in the Echo and not because Gethin Jenkins had said that the facilities were poor then?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:27 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:So it was cancelled because of logistics and timing as was stated in the Echo and not because Gethin Jenkins had said that the facilities were poor then?

No what Gethin told the Echo last night he made a right boob. :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:32 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:So it was cancelled because of logistics and timing as was stated in the Echo and not because Gethin Jenkins had said that the facilities were poor then?

Manchester Utd didnt find anything wrong with facilities! :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Merlin wrote:

Did Gethin Jenkins say that the facilities were poor then? Have you got a link to where he mentions the facilities not being good enough then?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Did Gethin Jenkins say that the facilities were poor then? Have you got a link to where he mentions the facilities not being good enough then?

Buy tonights Echo and read it, it costs 49p.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Manchester Utd didnt find anything wrong with facilities! :lol:[/quote]

Did Gethin Jenkins say that the facilities were poor then? Have you got a link to where he mentions the facilities not being good enough then?[/quote]

Buy tonights Echo and read it, it costs 49p.[/quote]

I have read it and all he says is "following Dave Jones' fact-finding trip to Malaysia and a review of the logistics involved, the club has decided to look at alternative options". I can't see where he says the facilities weren't good enough in that short sentence!!! He does mention the logistics being a problem though.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:48 pm

swindonbluebird wrote:Manchester Utd didnt find anything wrong with facilities! :lol:

Did Gethin Jenkins say that the facilities were poor then? Have you got a link to where he mentions the facilities not being good enough then?[/quote]

Buy tonights Echo and read it, it costs 49p.[/quote]

I have read it and all he says is "following Dave Jones' fact-finding trip to Malaysia and a review of the logistics involved, the club has decided to look at alternative options". I can't see where he says the facilities weren't good enough in that short sentence!!! He does mention the logistics being a problem though.[/quote]

Maybe he's started re-organising his statement then!! has he got caught with EGG on his face again! :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:49 pm

I read that in the Echo so how can he have changed his statement??? :roll:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Merlin wrote:

Isn't that what we will do in 2011 then?

StT.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Merlin wrote:

Do we know they had access to the SAME facilities? Perhaps the facilities we could AFFORD were not up to scratch.

I must admit, ever since it was announced we may tour it always seemed a bit tight and rushed. Prem clubs always have another week on the league close season

At least it gives us more time to save for the tour.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Tour cancelled to 2011.Reason we'll be touring as a premier league team.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Something stinks here about this , and something aint right in the boardroom between the football / business based directors and the rubgy / property developers ! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I am really annoyed that this trip has been cancelled whatever the reasons behind the decision are.

Without the £6m that the Malaysian consortium have invested our club would have gone to the wall at the beginning of this month. For no other reason than a goodwill gesture our club should have gone ahead even if it meant they had to train on beaches and get changed in the bogs. How quickly people within the club have forgotten that their wages have only been paid these last few months because of TG & VT.

I loved watching football at NP and part of me never wanted the club to leave, but I understand you have to move with the times and I do accept that we have now got a wonderful new stadium.

But for years DJ has been pissing in everyones ears about the lack of training facilities and the condition of NP and how the club needed replacements for both before we could move forward. Now it "appears" there are insurmountable problems which have made it impossible to make the trip this year.

Maybe someone should remind him that his team have just lost a playoff final against a team with a rag arsed training ground, a stadium which at the start of the season was only about 40% complete, were operating on a budget of less than half provided to him and of course spent less than 10% of that spent by Cardiff City on transfers.

I am not having a go at GJ here he has been left in the position of having to deliver this news, my point is this is another situation where we need someone strong enough to tell DJ that he will be making this trip, his team will train on the beach if required to, will change in the bogs if they have to and every last one of them will thank TG & VT for saving the club WE ALL LOVE and they all work for.

Rant Over

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Something stinks here about this , and something aint right in the boardroom between the football / business based directors and the rubgy / property developers ! :ayatollah:

It cant work and Never will, Rugby has to get out of OUR CLUB ONCE and for all, ALL THE EGGHEADS.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Got all excited then, thought he was going to say he was going to sell the books once again in the shop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Got all excited then, thought he was going to say he was going to sell the books once again in the shop. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Never there not Rugby Books :roll:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

There's a faint hit of an anti-Jenkins agenda here, I'm not about to come in all guns blazing because frankly I have no proof that there is one.

I suggest, though, that some of you do the same - where is the proof to the contrary regarding the club's statement?

As has been said, are the facilities the same ones as ManUre and co. use? I doubt it, as they're billionaires and we're Cardiff City = not.

Can anybody show me official confirmation from the club that fixtures had been arranged and set in stone? If that's no readily available then nobody can say that the tour has been cancelled as such. Jones wouldn't have gone out there on this sort of "fact finding mission" were he happy with the facilities and the opposition.

And let's be blunt here, what kind of test will the Malaysian national team give us? I reckon Bath is a "better" tie as such because they'll kick us in a "welcome back from your holidays boys" sort of way. The Malaysians won't.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 pm

It's a wise decision to have the Malaysian pre-season tour to be in 2011 instead of this year. Many Malaysians still do not know much about CCFC. You do not want see the Bukit Jalil National Stadium with capacity of 100,000 to be filled with only ten thousands spectators.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:31 pm

its not that simple, the club is in a right mess!! :cry:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:38 pm

wilfred wrote:It's a wise decision to have the Malaysian pre-season tour to be in 2011 instead of this year. Many Malaysians still do not know much about CCFC. You do not want see the Bukit Jalil National Stadium with capacity of 100,000 to be filled with only ten thousands spectators.

Theres two smaller stadiums next to it

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:00 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:There's a faint hit of an anti-Jenkins agenda here, I'm not about to come in all guns blazing because frankly I have no proof that there is one.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm

bluebirdtom wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:There's a faint hit of an anti-Jenkins agenda here, I'm not about to come in all guns blazing because frankly I have no proof that there is one.