Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"HOW MORE PATHETIC CAN YOU GET"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:39 am

Our Chief Executive reckons the Malaysian Facilities are Not Good enough for Cardiff City :lol: :lol:
Get the man out of Our Club, before he does any more damage.
Its pure and Simple we didnt have the money, Surely after The Riddler, HONESTY SHOULD BE THEIR FIRST LESSON THEY SHOULD LEARN.

Yet Teams Like Man Utd Say they have SOME OF THE BEST FACILITIES IN THE WORLD IN MALAYSIA.

Re: "HOW MORE PATHETIC CAN YOU GET"

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:41 am

If it is a cover up it's a shame but to be honest the money we're saving on flights and accommodation I'm quite glad we're not doing a Malaysian pre-season tour.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am

Zabier wrote:If it is a cover up it's a shame but to be honest the money we're saving on flights and accommodation I'm quite glad we're not doing a Malaysian pre-season tour.

Yes Zabier, but We need Honesty from Our Club.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:46 am

Yeah, I agree. So do you think there are other things the club aren't being honest about?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:Our Chief Executive reckons the Malaysian Facilities are Not Good enough for Cardiff City :lol: :lol:
Its pure and Simple we didnt have the money, Surely after The Riddler, HONESTY SHOULD BE THEIR FIRST LESSON THEY SHOULD LEARN.

Yet Teams Like Man Utd Say they have SOME OF THE BEST FACILITIES IN THE WORLD IN MALAYSIA.

Z

Annis - If it is lack of funds, how can we blame Gethin - he is not an investor.
Bosco

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 am

Bosco Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Our Chief Executive reckons the Malaysian Facilities are Not Good enough for Cardiff City :lol: :lol:

Z

Annis - If it is lack of funds, how can we blame Gethin - he is not an investor.
Bosco

Bosco his Comments, not the money.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 am

yes what is wrong with good old honesty.....why cant they be loyal to us like we are loyal to them? all we want is TRUTH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Annis can you get in touch with Joshua Foong and see if he knows anything? Worth a shout do you think?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 am

hughesygirl wrote:yes what is wrong with good old honesty.....why cant they be loyal to us like we are loyal to them? all we want is TRUTH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Annis can you get in touch with Joshua Foong and see if he knows anything? Worth a shout do you think?

Carl is on to it, Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am

Annis I'm relying on Terry Phillips Echo report so forgive me if I'm way off, but Jenkins comments are "following Dave Jones' fact finding trip to Malaysia and a view of the logistics involved, the club has decided to look at alternative options"

So Jenkins doesn't actually say the facilities are not good enough just that the logistics (a long flight there and back to play one game may be?) make the trip not worthwhile.

The report also seems to indicate this is Dave Jones' decision not Gethin Jenkins'

I hope you understand I don't want to defend the CEO who I have great concerns about, but I think we need to get a perspective.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:06 am

Annis - Is it your opinion that this is an orchestrated crisis to gain control of the club or is a catastrophe looming?
Bosco

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:02 am

This could of been a great way for the club to gain support from malasia and extra income i feel the club are not telling the truth and i would like to here from tg the real reason as i cant listen to jones or jenkins

Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am

Dear me, you lot love making a drama out of a crisis don't you!!!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Dear me, you lot love making a drama out of a crisis don't you!!!

This is a message board where people are entitled to debate any issue that arrises. At least you confirm that it is a crisis!

What i would like to know though, is what alternatives the club are looking at ? :?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Merlin wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Dear me, you lot love making a drama out of a crisis don't you!!!

This is a message board where people are entitled to debate any issue that arrises. At least you confirm that it is a crisis!

What i would like to know though, is what alternatives the club are looking at ? :?

Ok, sorry - just checked - Portugal again then by the looks of it.....

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:12 pm

if we can't afford to malaysia maybe we shouldn't go to portugal either if things are that bad, i can't believe one minute they are talking about signing bellamy and paying him silly money and the next we can't afford a pre-season tour the club really know how to make us laughting stocks, it could only happen at cardiff city :evil:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:12 pm

The fact is Annis this was a first and a good-will visit to Malaysia upon which to build further relationships. Ok, maybe the facilities were not quite up to the standard of Portugal (where City have gone in recent years) but this decision is an absolute disgrace.

Clearly the CE came out with the statement but I guess, allegedly, it could have been DJ who put the nail into the box to bring a halt to this trip.

Whoever put pressure on TG to stop this tour can have no interest in our Club breaking into the Far East market and need to be got rid of. There are more things than having to have state of the art facilities to work with. It seems that the upgrade of our own facilities has turned us into a bunch of prima-donas who are more concerned in looking after No 1 than forging ties with a market that would have huge financial gain for the Club. I hope DJ doesn't come up with, 'small squad,' lack of finance,' or 'such like this season!

I remember a few years ago when WHU played at Rotherham United they turned up their noises at the Yorkshire team's dressing rooms and went back to their hotel to change for the game. GET REAL YOU WHO LIVE IN IVORY TOWERS AND JOIN THE REAL WORLD. If I were TG I'd be absolutely fuming after all the work he's put into making the visit a reality.

Yet again a certain gent at Cardiff City, allegedly, has shown himself as having no man-management skills!

StT.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:16 pm

they look bloody good to me :evil:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_S ... ukit_Jalil

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Claude, I have to say you are pathetic, The Club is a Club in Genuine CRISIS, Rome is burning and you will let it burn, WILL YOU, WATCH THIS SPACE.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:

The fact is Annis this was a first and a good-will visit to Malaysia upon which to build further relationships. Ok, maybe the facilities were not quite up to the standard of Portugal (where City have gone in recent years) but this decision is an absolute disgrace.

Clearly the CE came out with the statement but I guess, allegedly, it could have been DJ who put the nail into the box to bring a halt to this trip.

Whoever put pressure on TG to stop this tour can have no interest in our Club breaking into the Far East market and need to be got rid of. There are more things than having to have state of the art facilities to work with. It seems that the upgrade of our own facilities has turned us into a bunch of prima-donas who are more concerned in looking after No 1 than forging ties with a market that would have huge financial gain for the Club. I hope DJ doesn't come up with, 'small squad,' lack of finance,' or 'such like this season!

I remember a few years ago when WHU played at Rotherham United they turned up their noises at the Yorkshire team's dressing rooms and went back to their hotel to change for the game. GET REAL YOU WHO LIVE IN IVORY TOWERS AND JOIN THE REAL WORLD. If I were TG I'd be absolutely fuming after all the work he's put into making the visit a reality.

Yet again a certain gent at Cardiff City, allegedly, has shown himself as having no man-management skills!

StT.

To Cayo Bluebird [re thread: "I'm sure TG is fuming ..."]

If your knowledge is greater than mine, I apologise unreservedly to DJ. Certainly an official statement should now be forthcoming from our CE on this matter then.

StT.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:45 pm

If it burns, it burns - what the hell am I, or you able to do about it?!!!!

The tour to Malaysia being cancelled is hardly the club in crisis. If it's about cost then quite correctly the club aren't going. If it's about the manager deciding that he doesn't want his squad going there, for footballing reasons, then that's up to him - he will have to justify his stance on this. Again, hardly a crisis.

If, and this is a huge if, it's all about our new owners struggling to fund our club appropriatly then yes, we are probably approaching another crisis in our inglorious recent history.

The only fact here is that we ordinary fans do not know. I'm not going to hit the panic button just yet, based solely on what I read on this MB. You clearly have a certain amount of inside information which you share snippets of with us mere mortals.

IN MY OPINION, as you're so fond of saying, I will wait to see what happens between now and August 8th. Let's bare in mind that this is the "silly season" and only our Board of Directors, CEO and manager really know what's going on.

You're starting to sound like Corporal Jones :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:49 pm

Claude Blue wrote:If it burns, it burns - what the hell am I, or you able to do about it?!!!!

The tour to Malaysia being cancelled is hardly the club in crisis. If it's about cost then quite correctly the club aren't going. If it's about the manager deciding that he doesn't want his squad going there, for footballing reasons, then that's up to him - he will have to justify his stance on this. Again, hardly a crisis.

If, and this is a huge if, it's all about our new owners struggling to fund our club appropriatly then yes, we are probably approaching another crisis in our inglorious recent history.

The only fact here is that we ordinary fans do not know. I'm not going to hit the panic button just yet, based solely on what I read on this MB. You clearly have a certain amount of inside information which you share snippets of with us mere mortals.

IN MY OPINION, as you're so fond of saying, I will wait to see what happens between now and August 8th. Let's bare in mind that this is the "silly season" and only our Board of Directors, CEO and manager really know what's going on.

You're starting to sound like Corporal Jones :lol:

Claude, Just read tonights post by Carl, then read the Echo from tomorrow, you will see what I AM SAYING THE CLUB IS IN A TERRIBLE STATE. More than a Malaysian Tour.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Then it will depend on what the reality is.

Malaysians cutting and running = panic, big time.

Them running our club efficiently = about time, let's live within our means.

I'm not interested in the gossip that regularly permeates this board, or the various agenda's here, be they anti-CEO, anti-Jones or whatever. Far too many "fifth columnists" here.

And the bottom remains thus - what the hell can any of us do?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Then it will depend on what the reality is.

Malaysians cutting and running = panic, big time.

Them running our club efficiently = about time, let's live within our means.

I'm not interested in the gossip that regularly permeates this board, or the various agenda's here, be they anti-CEO, anti-Jones or whatever. Far too many "fifth columnists" here.

And the bottom remains thus - what the hell can any of us do?

Claude, I know we will hear news soon, Big News, MUSIC TO MY EARS and Hopefully yours :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 pm

When will we here this news

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Please God, yes!!!!!!

Go on, give us a clue - you know you want to!!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Carl posted something the other night that more or less said there was a reason that the Malaysians only got about 30% ish of the shares of the Club and the reason for that would unfold soon enough , current goings on confuse the hell out of me though with all the financial speculation etc :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:19 pm

What, stick your head in the sand then and hope everything will be fine and dandy?

Something major has to happen. We need someone who'll grab the bull by the horns and get things back under control. Trouble is there's no one inside the club at the moment with the balls to do that. Sorry Gethin but you've jumped up far too many divisions and you are way out of your depth. No offence like but that's just the way it is.
Cardiff City FC desperatly needs a proper football business man who's not afraid to put up. What we've got is a bunch of saps without any guts. If that doesn't change fast then maybe time will run out for the club.

Above all though lets keep the faith, hopefuly things will work out somehow.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm

TheOutsider wrote:

What, stick your head in the sand then and hope everything will be fine and dandy?

Something major has to happen. We need someone who'll grab the bull by the horns and get things back under control. Trouble is there's no one inside the club at the moment with the balls to do that. Sorry Gethin but you've jumped up far too many divisions and you are way out of your depth. No offence like but that's just the way it is.
Cardiff City FC desperatly needs a proper football business man who's not afraid to put up. What we've got is a bunch of saps without any guts. If that doesn't change fast then maybe time will run out for the club.

Above all though lets keep the faith, hopefuly things will work out somehow.

Correct OUTSIDER :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Can we not just be happy we've ousted the cancer that is Liesdale?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Annis - are you optimistic that there will be a positive outcome? Without pre-emoting Carl's later posts, are we looking at an attempt to purchase PMG's shares?

Bosco