Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"2 MILLION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY "

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:20 am

To Dave Jones if the deal goes ahead with the Sale of Joe Ledley to Stoke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "2 MILLION WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY "

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 am

Lets push it through then!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:26 am

tidy bit of business that aslong as Jones doesnt f**k up with bad signings again ? :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:57 am

£2 Million to be made available - Is that 2 million up front, ie we'll be able to buy say 4, £1 Million players, 500K deposit on each with more to follow, as seems to be the way.
Or
£2 Million for 1 £400K player and his wages for his contract.

Two totally differnt things!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 am

So how many new players now then Annis ? :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 am

If it's true, lets hope that he doesn't make another Hudson signing.

A bit of Collison/Koumas to replace Ledley (Maybe even someone in the lower-leagues, I'm not too good with my signings) and we'll be ok.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:37 am

2 MORE MILLION FOR PMG THEN

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:To Dave Jones if the deal goes ahead with the Sale of Joe Ledley to Stoke :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis - who authorises this spending if there is insufficient money for the tour?
Bosco

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:12 am

Back of the Net wrote:£2 Million to be made available - Is that 2 million up front, ie we'll be able to buy say 4, £1 Million players, 500K deposit on each with more to follow, as seems to be the way.
Or
£2 Million for 1 £400K player and his wages for his contract.

Two totally differnt things!

I would imagine the manager has an over all budget which will get a £2m boost if Ledley goes to Stoke. It would make sense to avoid transfer fees if at all possible.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 am

Who says we'll get £2million for Joe, thats will be decided by Football Association tribunal.

Just a snipet of how the tribunal works.

The Bluebirds could claim compensation if he moves to another English league club, but they would not receive a penny if he moved abroad.

If an English league footballer who has been at a club before the age of 23 moves to another domestic club, the old club can seek compensation from a Football Association tribunal for developing him.

If a home-grown player moves abroad before his 23rd birthday, the development club can also seek minimal compensation. But, if he moves abroad after his 23rd birthday, then the developing club cannot claim anything.

Ledley celebrates his 23rd birthday on 21 January so clubs from Scotland, or any foreign country for that matter, could sign him for no fee and no compensation in the summer.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:40 am

RichardBluebird wrote:Who says we'll get £2million for Joe, thats will be decided by Football Association tribunal.

The Bluebirds could claim compensation if he moves to another English league club, but they would not receive a penny if he moved abroad.

If an English league footballer who has been at a club before the age of 23 moves to another domestic club, the old club can seek compensation from a Football Association tribunal for developing him.

If a home-grown player moves abroad before his 23rd birthday, the development club can also seek minimal compensation. But, if he moves abroad after his 23rd birthday, then the developing club cannot claim anything.

Ledley celebrates his 23rd birthday on 21 January so clubs from Scotland, or any foreign country for that matter, could sign him for no fee and no compensation in the summer.

Does it have to go to a tribunal if the two clubs have agreed a price for compensation?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:43 am

Ross Young wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:Who says we'll get £2million for Joe, thats will be decided by Football Association tribunal.

Does it have to go to a tribunal if the two clubs have agreed a price for compensation?

Why would a club offer £2.5 million if he is free from 1st of July

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
Ross Young wrote:

Because he's 23 and we're the developing club.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Ledley celebrates his 23rd birthday on 21 January so clubs from Scotland, or any foreign country for that matter, could sign him for no fee and no compensation in the summer.[/quote]

Does it have to go to a tribunal if the two clubs have agreed a price for compensation?[/quote]

Why would a club offer £2.5 million if he is free from 1st of July[/quote]

Because he's 23 and we're the developing club.[/quote]

Yes of course we'll get compensation but not its assumed Stoke will pay up £2.5million upfront before the 1st of July, what Im saying is why would they when they can go to a tribunal and chance paying more than half less.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:52 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Ross Young wrote:

They can discuss and negotiate compensation package without having to go to tribunal, If the buying club believe they can bargain with the selling club.

The selling club will usually be more forgiving to do the deal quickly, and may accept a slightly lower payment. Although not always the case. (This is based on common sense - so dont f*cking SNIPE my post!) - :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:00 pm

It appears to me that there are conflicting stories on the forum at the moment and a couple of things just don't add up.

On one hand we are in crisis and cancelling tours due to a lack of money. On the other hand we are getting £2m for Ledley and it's going straight to DJ to buy new players along with the money he was originally coming back with from Malaysia :?

If we are in crisis then surely that money should go straight into the pot to pay off debts/wages. If we are not in crisis then we will be signing players shortly.

I'm not casting doubt on any of these sources/stories but I would suggest an explanation is that the new regime is playing it's cards much closer to it's chest and therefore any information leaked must be treated with care.

The Malaysians, through investing their own money, have earnt the right to run the club as they see fit. We are in a position unlike that of Riddler, who never invested a penny of his own money, or to a lesser extent, arguably, Sam (people still debate whether he invested his own money whether you agree or not).

I think we all have to sit tight and see where we are on 31st August (end of the transfer window), only then will we actually know the direction this season will take :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:11 pm

piledriver64 wrote:It appears to me that there are conflicting stories on the forum at the moment and a couple of things just don't add up.

On one hand we are in crisis and cancelling tours due to a lack of money. On the other hand we are getting £2m for Ledley and it's going straight to DJ to buy new players along with the money he was originally coming back with from Malaysia :?

If we are in crisis then surely that money should go straight into the pot to pay off debts/wages. If we are not in crisis then we will be signing players shortly.

I'm not casting doubt on any of these sources/stories but I would suggest an explanation is that the new regime is playing it's cards much closer to it's chest and therefore any information leaked must be treated with care.

The Malaysians, through investing their own money, have earnt the right to run the club as they see fit. We are in a position unlike that of Riddler, who never invested a penny of his own money, or to a lesser extent, arguably, Sam (people still debate whether he invested his own money whether you agree or not).

I think we all have to sit tight and see where we are on 31st August (end of the transfer window), only then will we actually know the direction this season will take :ayatollah:

what ever happens - if we sell Ledley he MUST be replaced - no matter whats going on off the pitch - we need a squad to compete at the end of the day......

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Merlin wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:It appears to me that there are conflicting stories on the forum at the moment and a couple of things just don't add up.

what ever happens - if we sell Ledley he MUST be replaced - no matter whats going on off the pitch - we need a squad to compete at the end of the day......

Completely agree :ayatollah: If there is no replacement then we will know that they are concentrating on sorting out the finances before making another major promotion push.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Saying all that Joe might even sign a new contract :lol: After all its still silly season

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Saying all that Joe might even sign a new contract :lol: After all its still silly season

£25,500 per week, and Premiership football 2 hours up the road......

Rather unlikely might i suggest ? could be proved wrong though. But isnt he undergoing a medical there this week? :?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

We are in trouble financially, but This Forum has always said if a player is SOLD, then We are led to believe the Majority of the money will go on replacements.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Annis, why did the malaysians only buy 36.7% or whatever it was??

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

We are in trouble financially, but This Forum has always said if a player is SOLD, then We are led to believe the Majority of the money will go on replacements.

I am in no way trying to say that anyone was misleading us. What I am saying is that if we are really in a mess (rather than just in a bit of cash flow trouble :lol: ) then surely all of any incoming moneys will be going toward keeping the wolf from the door.

This thread started by saying that DJ would be getting £2m from the Ledley deal and I would have thought that would be the maximum we would get off Stoke.

I'm sure you are absolutely right that things are very tight at the club I just think we need to remove our passion for the club out of this situation a little bit and wait and see what the next 2 months brings :ayatollah: There have been so many really bad/crisis times over the last 18 months that I think we owe it to the new owners to give them a bit of space to operate, without them we would have been up shit creek a long time ago :lol:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:35 pm

ccfclover wrote:Annis, why did the malaysians only buy 36.7% or whatever it was??

It will all hopefully be explained tonight and Tomorrow night on this Forum in Depth :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Another Carl exclusive?

I was assuming that at 30 odd %, the Malaysians were basically achieving two things;
1) Not having to pay all the creditors immediatley as they would have to with a bigger % stake.
2) As and when a debt needs to be paid they can get pay back in shares, thus, increasing their hold on the club by paying the bills, that would have to be paid anyway.

Or have I totally mis-read the situation.

Unfortunately, not being paid seems to be an occupational hazard working for the club, I don't know of one owner/chairman who has paid his staff each month throughout his tenure going back over 20 years. Whatever the excuse this time, it's not a good start.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Sarcasm! Is that a snipe? you are on the wrong board!

I was only stating Carl would come up with the goods!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Back of the Net wrote:Sarcasm! Is that a snipe? you are on the wrong board!

I was only stating Carl would come up with the goods!

Yes Eddie, No sniping on here please.