Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS WILL BE HIS TOUGHEST YET

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Dave Jones has had 5 tough seasons whilst at City but I believe this could be the most demanding for him. In the past he has had Chairmen who he could go to and present his list of wanted players and allow the Chairman to bring the players in. This season he has not got that luxury as the new Chairman will not put us in further financial struggles to appease the manager, so unless there are sales he has got the squad he has now and he will have to run with it.

Like the rest of us, I would imagine that DJ would have been rubbing his hands together when the Malaysians invested into the club but the reality of the situation is now dawning on everyone that we are not the big spenders. Without new big name signings DJ has to uplift the players for the second season running and I hope he can do it but I would be lying if I didnt say it worries me.

Re: THIS WILL BE HIS TOUGHEST YET

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:Dave Jones has had 5 tough seasons whilst at City but I believe this could be the most demanding for him. In the past has had Chairmen who he could go to and present his list of wanted players and allow the Chairman to bring the players in. This season he has not got that luxury as the new Chairman will not put us in further financial struggles to appease the manager, so unless there are sales he has got the squad he has now and he will have to run with it.

Like the rest of us, I would imagine that DJ would have been rubbing his hands together when the Malaysians invested into the club but the reality of the situation is now dawning on everyone that we are not the big spenders. Without new big name signings DJ has to uplift the players for the second season running and I hope he can do it but I would be lying if I didnt say it worries me.

Its very worrying, the pressure is well and truly on us to perform as we are the favourites to win the league,as for DJ in a way i do feel sorry for him as he yet again does not have the funds to bring in the players he wants so im hoping he does not end up getting some donkeys to go with some of his previous ones.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 pm

The players we released we wont miss at all.

I still have faith this group of players would make the play/offs even without further signings

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:Dave Jones has had 5 tough seasons whilst at City but I believe this could be the most demanding for him. In the past he has had Chairmen who he could go to and present his list of wanted players and allow the Chairman to bring the players in. This season he has not got that luxury as the new Chairman will not put us in further financial struggles to appease the manager, so unless there are sales he has got the squad he has now and he will have to run with it.

Carl,
I think he has had it easy in the past, The Riddler and Sam took all the pressure when things were not going well. Also he has been given in the past way above many of the other managers budgets at the start of each season. I have heard like I said last week, he came back from Malaysia Not a Happy Bunny.
Lets see how he does this season without big money signings, he gets the highest wage in this division by far so he should be able to take the pressure.
The malaysians are like sam Hammam, they wont have much patience, they want success now.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Dave Jones has had 5 tough seasons whilst at City but I believe this could be the most demanding for him. In the past he has had Chairmen who he could go to and present his list of wanted players and allow the Chairman to bring the players in. This season he has not got that luxury as the new Chairman will not put us in further financial struggles to appease the manager, so unless there are sales he has got the squad he has now and he will have to run with it.

Carl,
I think he has had it easy in the past, The Riddler and Sam took all the pressure when things were not going well. Also he has been given in the past way above many of the other managers budgets at the start of each season. I have heard like I said last week, he came back from Malaysia Not a Happy Bunny.
Lets see how he does this season without big money signings, he gets the highest wage in this division by far so he should be able to take the pressure.
The malaysians are like sam Hammam, they wont have much patience, they want success now.

On the other hand, every other summer he's had to sell 1,2,3 or more of his best players.

If what is being said is true then thats not the case this time.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Don't really want any big name signings.

Hidden gems will do, thank you :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm

i think he will be found wanting this season, he needs to change the squad around to freshen things up, this is now obviously not going to happen now.
very worrying if we are not fetching more than 2 or 3 players in though, our downfall this season was the lack of cover for jay, surely we cant go through the whole season with just a single target man.
still i fail to understand the malaysians stragey, what good is a championship club to them surely they need the profile of a premier league club to sell it to the malay people?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Annis, there is no evidence of the Malaysians wanting instance success, hence they haven't thrown tonnes of money into the club already. Personally, I think that Dave Jones is the best manager in the league and deserves to be on the highest salary, I also think that Sam Hammam should never be welcome back at this football club. Only my opinion though

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Bluebirdsboy16 wrote:Annis, there is no evidence of the Malaysians wanting instance success, hence they haven't thrown tonnes of money into the club already. Personally, I think that Dave Jones is the best manager in the league and deserves to be on the highest salary, I also think that Sam Hammam should never be welcome back at this football club. Only my opinion though

No probs, All Opinions welcome,especially on this forum.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:58 pm

There are some good free players available.

:ayatollah:

Koren would be a fantastic signing! FREE
Ambrose is another great player for FREE.
James McEveley, really like this player. FREE
Jeremie Aliadiere is Free, could be a good signing?
George Boateng Maybee? Free
Daniel Butterfield free.
Benjani Mwaruwari - Wages could be a issue. FREE

Says on Sky sports http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11704_6235416,00.html we are looking at the Arsenal youngster Jay Simpson.
Maybe we could get him on loan?

Says on there that we are looking at Readings Andy Griffin, i think he would be a good signing. Could be quite cheap too.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11704_6235416,00.html

Theres just some of the players on the site. Heres the link http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list :ayatollah:

Im just happy we have a football club to support!

Dato Chan & Vincent Tan MY LORDS! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

I cant see Dave Jones being here by the start of the season :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:16 pm

I really hope he stays! :ayatollah: