Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DAVE JONES and FABIO CAPELLO"

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Both Stubborn.
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.
Both make wrong Substitutions at the wrong time.
Both cant Motivate their team.
"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Re: " DAVE JONES and FABIO CAPELLO"

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Both Stubborn.
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.
Both make wrong Substitutions at the wrong side.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Agree very similar management styles, the only difference between them is one looks like Postman Pat. :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:39 pm

I was waiting for someone to pick up on this :lol:
Both only play 4-4-2

I know everyone goes on about how DJ is paid to much but we have a bargain compared to Capello :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm

nobby wrote:
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Agree very similar management styles, the only difference between them is one looks like Postman Pat. :lol:

whats Pat done wrong to be called Capello ? :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm

nobby wrote:
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

:lol: :lol:

Good evening Dai Hope your well.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I was waiting for someone to pick up on this :lol:
Both only play 4-4-2

I know everyone goes on about how DJ is paid to much but we have a bargain compared to Capello :ayatollah:

:lol:
Dont remind Jones he will want a pay rise :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
nobby wrote:
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

whats Pat done wrong to be called Capello ? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:45 pm

i think annis has summed it up pretty well.....

personally i think the 4-4-2 is def outdated for the modern game.....

capello wont walk away he will simply wait for the fa to pay him off

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nobby wrote:
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

:lol: :lol:

Good evening Dai Hope your well.

Fine thanks , hope you and the family are well to mate. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Glad to hear,Yes Dai mate, cant wait to go off on hols with the family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 pm

5 serie A titles (plus one revoked)
4 Suppercoppa trophies
1 european super cup
1 champions leagues
2 La liga titles

f**k me the guy is a legend , the english job is a poison chalice thanks to the over expectations of the fans and media for decent but not great international team with only one success to their history won on home soil over 40 years ago,

Voted BBC sports personality of the year coach award 2009 and now public enemy no. 1 cause so called world class players like "terry" and "rooney" bottled it

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

4-4-2 obviously works due to the amount of titles he's won.
One of the most decorated managers in Europe.

We can talk until the day is done about tactics, but 4-4-2 worked for 20 odd games for Capello and the years and years he's had in management.

It depends on the players, Tottenham got 4th with it, whereas Liverpool finished below them with this "modern" tactic.

Capello lacked plan B and a quality team.

None of Englands first team would get anywhere near a world 11, there lies the problem.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 pm

sack wrote:5 serie A titles (plus one revoked)
4 Suppercoppa trophies
1 european super cup
1 champions leagues
2 La liga titles

f**k me the guy is a legend , the english job is a poison chalice thanks to the over expectations of the fans and media for decent but not great international team with only one success to their history won on home soil over 40 years ago,

Voted BBC sports personality of the year coach award 2009 and now public enemy no. 1 cause so called world class players like "terry" and "rooney" bottled it

Argentina, Italy,France,Columbia etc etc the whole country turns on their manager team if they dont do well in the past some players have actually been shot at when they have gone home.
I blame Capello for Englands failure and the buck stops with the manager..

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Both too much alike in their football know how so much so they could be twins :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.
"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

dave jone loves horses
fabio looks like a horse

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
4 Suppercoppa trophies
1 european super cup
1 champions leagues
2 La liga titles

Argentina, Italy,France,Columbia etc etc the whole country turns on their manager team if they dont do well in the past some players have actually been shot at when they have gone home.

I agre with Roy Keane ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWShjpiX8lc

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Great shout Annis.

To summarise......

Overpaid (by a country mile)
Arrogance (the epitomy it of in fact!)
Plan 'B' ? (you really couldn't make it up.....)

Peter

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:09 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:
Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.

"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Great shout Annis.

To summarise......

Overpaid (by a country mile)
Arrogance (the epitomy it of in fact!)
Plan 'B' ? (you really couldn't make it up.....)

Peter

Cant agree more Peter, youve it the nail on the head.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 pm

sack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
4 Suppercoppa trophies
1 european super cup
1 champions leagues
2 La liga titles

Sack, I idolised Roy Keane until he Quit Sunderland when the going got TOUGH and didnt even say it man to man to Niall Quinn, Keane quit by texting him and then went in to hiding.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Argentina, Italy,France,Columbia etc etc the whole country turns on their manager team if they dont do well in the past some players have actually been shot at when they have gone home.

Sack, I idolised Roy Keane until he Quit Sunderland when the going got TOUGH and didnt even say it man to man to Niall Quinn, Keane quit by texting him and then went in to hiding.

I lost a lot of respect for Keane after that, always thought he was a man of morals and principals but there again he is a man from football and it sadly lacks in this sport.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm

quote="sack"]5 serie A titles (plus one revoked)

I blame Capello for Englands failure and the buck stops with the manager..[/quote]

I agre with Roy Keane ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWShjpiX8lc[/quote]

Sack, I idolised Roy Keane until he Quit Sunderland when the going got TOUGH and didnt even say it man to man to Niall Quinn, Keane quit by texting him and then went in to hiding.[/quote]

f**k me Annis is there a manager you actualy like :lol: :lol: :lol: , I have never been a big fan of keane but he has given some cracking interviews and you can only admire the way he goes through the england team at the end of this video.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Dave Jones Managed Stockport County, Southampton, Wolves and Cardiff City - Win percentage 40.74% and has never won any league as a manager.

Fabio Capello managed Milan twice, Real Madrid twice, Juventus, Roma & England - Win percentage 56.94% Serie A winner 6 times, Supercoppa Italiana winner 4 times, La Liga winner once, European Super Cup winner once, UEFA Champions League winner once, Serie A coach of the year and BBC Sports Personality of the Year coach award :lol: :lol: :lol:

no contest - enough said :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh P.S. - Win percentage with England - 70.37% - higher than any other England manager.

was unfortunate to have nmanaged a team of overpaid Prima Donnas who lacked togetherness for this World Cup.

Biggest mistake - not dropping John Terry before travalling to South Africa - he had a negative influence on the squad.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 pm

The difference is that Capello has an awesome record at club level.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm

sack wrote:quote="sack"]5 serie A titles (plus one revoked)

I agre with Roy Keane ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWShjpiX8lc[/quote]

Sack, I idolised Roy Keane until he Quit Sunderland when the going got TOUGH and didnt even say it man to man to Niall Quinn, Keane quit by texting him and then went in to hiding.[/quote]

f**k me Annis is there a manager you actualy like :lol: :lol: :lol: , I have never been a big fan of keane but he has given some cracking interviews and you can only admire the way he goes through the england team at the end of this video.[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm

And they both have a face like a smacked arse. :ayatollah:

Never see a Smile on DJ face or Capello.

Cheer up Capello its not as if you have just got knocked out by the Germans...... Wait :shock: :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Both have No plan B.
Both bottle it.
Both same formation.
"MY OPINION"

Any other Opinions.

Very true but i dont believe jones would of picked Heskey :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am

Come on guys, be fair on DJ at leas the has a plan A whereas Fabio only had a plan e and that was to take them home.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am

I think Dave Jones's initial team selection policy is better but I think Capello does have more passion. Capello's problem with England is translating that passion across the language barrier... which I guess is the same for Jones being a scouser! :D

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 am

4-4-2 works perfectly well if you have the right players for that system. That said the same applies to 4-3-3 4-5-1 3-5-2 4-4-1-1 or whatever.

England's problem is they don't have the players to make 4-4-2 work, but a 4-3-3 with Crouch, Rooney and Defoe upfront, with Gerrard, Lampard and Barry in midfield would work a treat.

As for us we don't have the players to really make a 4-4-2 work due to having a weak soft centre in midfield.

I would go with a 5-2-1-2 with 3 centre-backs (Gerrard, Blake and Gypyes) 2 attacking full backs (Mathews/McNaughton) 2 holding players (to be signed) Whittingham just behind with Chopra (or McCormack) along side Bothroyd up front.

This system would be flexiable and give us 5 in midfield if needed plus a distinct goal threat from players who scored 50 goals between them last season from forward positions.

The modern day manager has to understand players drive the system not the other way around.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:59 am

I was going to say Tony that it exposes our midfield a bit but then thought 'given our shit our central midfield is, that's probably a good thing!'. :D