Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOULD YOU HAVE HELPED ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Bit of a mute question really as the land was NOT allowed to be sold to just anyone.

Before the club could sell the land they had to convince the council that the House of Sport would be built. This was part of the deal that gifted the club the land.

It wasn't until Steve took the project on board himself that the club could sell the land to PMG. The deals went hand in hand so it was impossible for fans to buy the land WITHOUT the Sam tie up with Steve, which wouldn't be forthcoming.

The whole deal was a bit of a con and I said so at the time, but you didn't want to shout too loud in case it affected the club.

Re: WOULD YOU HAVE HELPED ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:Bit of a mute question really as the land was NOT allowed to be sold to just anyone.

Before the club could sell the land they had to convince the council that the House of Sport would be built. This was part of the deal that gifted the club the land.

It wasn't until Steve took the project on board himself that the club could sell the land to PMG. The deals went hand in hand so it was impossible for fans to buy the land WITHOUT the Sam tie up with Steve, which wouldn't be forthcoming.

The whole deal was a bit of a con and I said so at the time, but you didn't want to shout too loud in case it affected the club.

Wayne you are correct and I am trying to point out that PMG have done exceptionally well out of this club