Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ledley to Stoke. by Stoke city fan

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 am

Stoke fan in peace,
Our local paper are reporting that Joe Ledley is joining us,possibly before the end of this week.Our boss Pulis has got back to work today after his summer break and is now closing in on Ledley who is said to be keen on playing for Pulis.
I've also checked out a few Stoke forums and they are all running with the story.
Just like to add that The Sentinel never run a story without being confident of what they are reporting.Any news from your end?

THE LATEST UPDATE

victoriaboothen wrote:Some fresh news tonight on the reason why we will sign him on Thursday morning.Nothing to do with Ledley and loyalty bonuses.Stoke have tried very hard to come to a agreement on a fee with CCFC.Player plus cash deals have been offered,but been rejected by CCFC.Hence we now have to wait until his contract expires.Unless they sort it tomorrow it's going to a tribunal.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sp ... ticle.html

Re: Ledley to Stoke.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:44 am

just read about it on whydelilah. havent heard anything this end yet.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:45 am

One of the Scottish papers over the weekend was still heavily linking him to Celtic.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:46 am

victoriaboothen wrote:Stoke fan in peace,
Our local paper are reporting that Joe Ledley is joining us,possibly before the end of this week.Our boss Pulis has got back to work today after his summer break and is now closing in on Ledley who is said to be keen on playing for Pulis.
I've also checked out a few Stoke forums and they are all running with the story.
Just like to add that The Sentinel never run a story without being confident of what they are reporting.Any news from your end?

General rumours, but him going to Stoke seems to be the one that carries the most weight.
As long as we can get a decent amount of compensation, you can have him as far as i'm concerned.

He isn't even in our top 5 best players, and he's had a handful of decent games in two years, other than that he's been average at best, and that's in the Championship.

Pulis' interest stems from the FA Cup Final season, where Ledley was probably our best player that year.
Since then, he hasn't produced anything like it.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 pm

Ok,i am not a billy bullshitter.Check out The Oatcake and go on New Signings thread started by Davesviews.On page 518 he has just confirmed that Ledley is signing for us this week.He has never got anything wrong regarding Stoke City.He even posted our first 5 fixtures of the new season before they were released.He is very well respected and has a very good reputation for getting things correct.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 pm

PtB wrote:One of the Scottish papers over the weekend was still heavily linking him to Celtic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm

FISH. wrote:
PtB wrote:One of the Scottish papers over the weekend was still heavily linking him to Celtic.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He was even qouted as saying "I had the chance to go to Rangers or Celtic as well as other offers but I had to consider what was best for me and the family and what would upset young Thomas the most. It was a no brainer..."

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Stoke should complete the signing of out-of-contract Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley this week providing the Welshman passes a medical.
Stoke boss Tony Pulis is a long-term admirer of Ledley and failed with a succession of bids for the 23-year-old back in the summer of 2008.
He has retained an interest in his countryman ever since and is now ready to make the Wales skipper his first signing of the close season later this week.
TEAMtalk understands Ledley is due to undergo a medical at the Britannia Stadium in the next 48 hours and, should he pass, he is set to put pen to paper on a deal with the Potters despite interest from the likes of Roma, Galatasaray, Celtic and Everton. Cardiff will be due compensation for Ledley as he is under 24

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm

PtB wrote:
FISH. wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He was even qouted as saying "I had the chance to go to Rangers or Celtic as well as other offers but I had to consider what was best for me and the family and what would upset young Thomas the most. It was a no brainer..."

:lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:45 pm

This is turning into a fast moving story in Stoke today.Heard he has accecpted a 4 year deal,£25,000 per week and the deal has been held up by CCFC.Stoke tried to complete this 3 weeks ago,involving a player to you but are now confident of going to a tribunal and not even paying £500,000.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:53 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:This is turning into a fast moving story in Stoke today.Heard he has accecpted a 4 year deal,£25,000 per week and the deal has been held up by CCFC.Stoke tried to complete this 3 weeks ago,involving a player to you but are now confident of going to a tribunal and not even paying £500,000.

I'd be delighted if Joe went to you - or any english side tbh, purely because of the compensation.

No doubt it'll go to a tribunal imo - and given his age & experience, I'd have thought we'll be looking at a far greater amount than £500k. Bring it on.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm

mate you can have him, ill even pay the taxi fare

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:20 pm

What's the odds that Joe passes his medical but there are indications of slight problems with his hips but hopefully the Stoke physio can work with him a build up his strength.

A nice little report for Pulis to take with him to the tribunal.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:Stoke fan in peace,

Hi, I believe Stoke at this moment are the favourites to sign him, I for one dont want him to go, not shared by everyone, but I think we havent seen the best in Ledley yet, if you get him, in my opinion you will have a good asset to your first team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He doesnt want to go to Scotland and he doesnt want to be to far from his Family in Cardiff.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Many Stoke fans are now posting on our forums that they have seen Ledley this morning at The Brit.We know Pulis is back today and has long wanted Ledley in our squad,unconfirmed reports that he will be back on Wed for his medical and sign.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:44 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:Many Stoke fans are now posting on our forums that they have seen Ledley this morning at The Brit.We know Pulis is back today and has long wanted Ledley in our squad,unconfirmed reports that he will be back on Wed for his medical and sign.

I know Cardiff wont offer any more and have tried their best to keep him, but he wants to play in the Premier and you were the team he most wanted to go to if he left us out of all the teams he has spoken too, keep us informed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:57 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:Many Stoke fans are now posting on our forums that they have seen Ledley this morning at The Brit.We know Pulis is back today and has long wanted Ledley in our squad,unconfirmed reports that he will be back on Wed for his medical and sign.

who cares? we dont you can have him for free :lol:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:59 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:This is turning into a fast moving story in Stoke today.Heard he has accecpted a 4 year deal,£25,000 per week and the deal has been held up by CCFC.Stoke tried to complete this 3 weeks ago,involving a player to you but are now confident of going to a tribunal and not even paying £500,000.

Not even paying 500k?

You do realise it's development compensation, right?

So you reckon you'd pay less than 500k for someone with well over 200 domestic appearances, has captained club and country, regular at international level.

Keep dreaming....

Given Sturridge went for 3.5m, if Ledley goes for less than 2.5m, it's a massive stitch up in your favour.

Of course, brainiac Stoke fans fail to grasp a tribunal would take into account Pulis offered 6m previously...

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:05 pm

We are also being very heavily tipped to sign Emile Heskey this week,now that is depressing. :(

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Hope you supply him with a good neck brace to watch the ball going over his head repeatedly!!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:18 pm

I know from a confidante of joe , that he has been really impressed with AS Roma and the set up over there. ( who wouldnt be as Rome is a magnificant City), and he was touted to Roma as i think his agent is Italian and has links over there.

That said the delights of the Potteries may just sway the move :lol: , and from what you are saying , that appears to be the case.

I think he would be a big, big loss to us and a great signing for you.

Best regards

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Pulis may well be still thinking of the Joe Ledley of
Two seasons ago. His form has dropped dramatically
Since then!

However, if Joe goes to the premiership with Stoke i
Hope he recaptures the form he once showed for us
And for Wales! He has been a LOYAL lad, and an asset
To Cardiff City!!!

Anyone calling him a greedy b*stard wants their head
Examining. How many Cardiff lads are all over Britain
Grafting cos they cant earn top dollar at their chosen
Professions in Wales?? Hundreds and hundreds. I dont
Hear anyone calling them sell-outs for not getting a job
Pushing trolleys in Tesco Extra!!!

Stoke can probably offer him another £250k a year as
well as a big signing on fee!! Hed be a mug to turn it
Down.

Personally i reckon joe realises that there is no movement
In the transfer market by the City and doesnt want to miss
Another chance at premier league football!!

Good luck Joe, dont blame you son!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Joff wrote:I know from a confidante of joe , that he has been really impressed with AS Roma and the set up over there. ( who wouldnt be as Rome is a magnificant City), and he was touted to Roma as i think his agent is Italian and has links over there.

That said the delights of the Potteries may just sway the move :lol: , and from what you are saying , that appears to be the case.

I think he would be a big, big loss to us and a great signing for you.

Best regards

Joff, He Def does not want to go abroad and cant if he wanted too due to family reasons.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:We are also being very heavily tipped to sign Emile Heskey this week,now that is depressing. :(

Now that is depressing.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm

we all know hes going and the sooner he fucks off the better :evil:
i for one hope he goes to stoke for the compo. and city use the dosh to sort out our lame arsed midfield :ayatollah:
he dont want to be here or he would have signed by now.
PISS OFF LEDLEY and lets start looking for players who want to play for the mighty BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Ledley to Stoke. by Stoke city fan

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Can Ledley play left back? I only ask as a many of us can't see him breaking into our midfield.That's unless Lawrence goes to Celtic,or we use Delap as a sub.Our central midfield will be very hard for him to get into,we have Whitehead and Whelan.Then on the left we have Etherington,no chance will Ledley dislodge him from the side.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sp ... ticle.html

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:43 pm

victoriaboothen wrote:Can Ledley play left back? I only ask as a many of us can't see him breaking into our midfield.That's unless Lawrence goes to Celtic,or we use Delap as a sub.Our central midfield will be very hard for him to get into,we have Whitehead and Whelan.Then on the left we have Etherington,no chance will Ledley dislodge him from the side.

That is definatley not his best position. He is a creative midfielder In my opinion and he will get you goals. everyone has an opinion, however we are hard up and have offerered him an amazing contract, which shows how much he is regarded at Cardiff.

I am also assuming if he goes to you that one or two of your fringe players ( Griffin) will be coming to Tiger Bay ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Ledley has played left back, left midfield and central midfield for us.

David Moyes was interested in signing him because of his versatility. Ledley has a good engine and also contributes with his fair share of goals. Ledley does tend to score in the big games, he has scored twice for us at wembley and scored against Swansea.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Laz wrote:http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Stoke-City-Pulis-calls-calm-transfers/article-2352179-detail/article.html

Cheers Laz :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: