Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Corals not paying out

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:35 pm

england not to win world cup £10, 11th june will only give me back initial stake , took bet at 4 to 1 but not on slip but in window can't be right???

Re: Corals not paying out

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:58 pm

:? ????

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:10 pm

if thats the be you put on, surely they have to pay out.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 am

Why would u not put the odds on the slip? :?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:21 am

i thought it was all printed by machine these days ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:49 am

only if you ask for them, some will just print the slip, should always take odds at the till

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

rob wrote:if thats the be you put on, surely they have to pay out.

A bet is actually a non enforceable contract and they dont have to pay out on any bet,they do pay out tho because the bad press would put them out of business, but you can't actually take them to court if they refuse.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:32 am

A bet is actually a non enforceable contract and they dont have to pay out on any bet,they do pay out tho because the bad press would put them out of business, but you can't actually take them to court if they refuse.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 am

CayoBluebird wrote:

That used to be the case until the new Gambling Act came into force ,every bet is now a legally binding contract.

As for Corals not paying out, if you can have proof to show that was the bet they were offering and at them odds then you have got a case for being paid out, best bet (excuse the pun) if you have proof is to go through IBAS. Try Corals customer service number first anyway.....

Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:54 am

If Corals were offering 4-1 that England wouldn't win the World Cup, they would have to be offering something like 9-1 ON for them to win it, so I think you have got a bit confused old chap.

If England were, say 5-1 to WIN the World cup, then we all could have placed both bets, and guaranteed a four-fold profit.

I think there would have beed 60 million bets placed, if that were the case.