Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MILLIONS TO BE PAID OUT SOON

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:55 am

ihatealiens wrote:Question!!!! - if things are really this bad and I have no doubt that they are, why oh why was Ridsdale allowed to leave this club on his terms (with a severence package), making his own statements to the media as he left, without any riposte from any of the other board members or major shareholders? Is there something Ridsdale has over them? Surely if he was taking out loans or mortgages against the valuation of players without the knowledge of other directors then this is illegal. Why have criminal proceedings not been brought against Mr Ridsdale by our club? what is there to hide? something just doesn't add up here.

dont under estimate harris and flitcrofts roles in this aliens
they were riddlers men through and through and with their two votes gave our ex chairman control over the boardroom.
a lot of issues were pushed through without board meetings purely because of the above scenario.
who is to know if there were the three signatures on the loan agreement we will probably never know
its no coincidence that harris and flitcroft left the same time as the chairman and for all the so called plaudits that ridsdale wrote for himself do you seriously think that the malaysians have not let people know of his shambolic running of the clubs finances.
where is this so called top job at another football club that terry phillips was printing about in the echo.
If he had picked up a top job by now he would have made sure everybody in south wales would have heard about it.
with ridsdales reputation do you not think a potential employer would not have approached the malaysians or paul guy looking for a reference.
remember all the quotes from the echo saying the malaysians would only invest if ridsdale stayed as chairman.
he knew his days were numbered hence his desperate attempts to get ben steele through the door.
and going as far as to introduce him to the players as the new owner

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am

steve davies wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Question!!!! - if things are really this bad and I have no doubt that they are, why oh why was Ridsdale allowed to leave this club on his terms (with a severence package), making his own statements to the media as he left, without any riposte from any of the other board members or major shareholders? Is there something Ridsdale has over them? Surely if he was taking out loans or mortgages against the valuation of players without the knowledge of other directors then this is illegal. Why have criminal proceedings not been brought against Mr Ridsdale by our club? what is there to hide? something just doesn't add up here.

they were riddlers men through and through and with their two votes gave our ex chairman control over the boardroom.
a lot of issues were pushed through without board meetings purely because of the above scenario.
who is to know if there were the three signatures on the loan agreement we will probably never know
its no coincidence that harris and flitcroft left the same time as the chairman and for all the so called plaudits that ridsdale wrote for himself do you seriously think that the malaysians have not let people know of his shambolic running of the clubs finances.
where is this so called top job at another football club that terry phillips was printing about in the echo.
If he had picked up a top job by now he would have made sure everybody in south wales would have heard about it.
with ridsdales reputation do you not think a potential employer would not have approached the malaysians or paul guy looking for a reference.
remember all the quotes from the echo saying the malaysians would only invest if ridsdale stayed as chairman.
he knew his days were numbered hence his desperate attempts to get ben steele through the door.

Ridsdale actually had a meeting with Crystal Palace over a job after leaving our club but thankfully for them they contacted people down here to discuss the possibility of him taking a job with them, but Palace were warned off, but unsurprisingly they were actually impressed with how he came across and how he sold himself to them.

It is very easy for fans to wonder how he got away with doing so many things when other directors ' must have known what was going on ' but what most dont realise is that PMG gave Ridsdale total control over the running of the club on a day to day basis and as you say Steve, Ridsdale brought Flintcroft and Harris in to strengthen his position on the board, in the end though PMG I feel were embarrassed by his actions and how they had given him such a long leash, which ultimately cost them a lot of money.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 am

Bring back hanging.

I would supply the rope. The man was a total fraud and nearly lost our club.

I so hope eventually either HMRC or the fraud squad get him.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Ridsdale had a very free hand running our club and that seems to be the reason he has got off so lightly. He knew the board has collective responsability and that probably explains why the ex-Chairman avoided having his collar felt because the other directors/shareholders knew he could have taken them down with him.

Apparently his severance pay was not that generous and he has received nothing for his shares.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Carl are you actually saying this coming season we are going to show no ambition ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:34 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl are you actually saying this coming season we are going to show no ambition ?

I believe that the current way of thinking at the club will be free transfers or loans. There is also a possibility of a player leaving and that would give DJ money to spend but I know that DJ wants to keep the squad he got and the Malaysians are doing everything they can to keep it together for him.

But as I keep saying that does not make it gospel, Vincent Tan could get a football fever and decide he is going to go ballistic in the transfer market or there maybe new investment into the club that could prompt a different approach.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Carl, in your opinion how many new faces do you think we will see by kick off in August

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl, in your opinion how many new faces do you think we will see by kick off in August

Giving My Opinion.
In my opinion I thought 4 originally but apparently there is a lot of arguing behind the scenes, so in My Opinoin no more than 2.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Paul Wheeler & Lethal Lynex

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:Carl, in your opinion how many new faces do you think we will see by kick off in August

Giving My Opinion.
In my opinion I thought 4 originally but apparently there is a lot of arguing behind the scenes, so in My Opinoin no more than 2.

So just to clarify, who's opinion is this?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

steve davies wrote:

Yes I agree with you in regard to Flitcroft (met him at the Muni ;) ) I am a good judge of character and he wasn't my cup of tea lets say, likewise Ridsdale, never met Harris mind and not privvy to any inside info. Maybe there were three signatures on the loan agreement and maybe the Malaysians should make that a matter of public record considering Ridsdale asked us (the fans) to dig deep in our pockets at a Christmas time for season tickets. I hope that Ridsdales days in football are numbered and I hope that the Malaysians and Guy make it very difficult for him to return to the game in any capacity. However the perilous condition of Cardiff City's finances must surely merit a criminal investigation into the running of the club during Mr Ridsdales tenure and I cannot honestly understand why that isn't already happening.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:12 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Giving My Opinion.

So just to clarify, who's opinion is this?

:lol:

I think that is Annis opinion :D

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:25 pm

How many players to do think we will get in by the start of the season Carl? :ayatollah:

Ill have a guess and say 1 Good player, 2 poor players. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Correct totally my own opinion. :D

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Annis is that Reading player really good that you was saying about or average? :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:11 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:How many players to do think we will get in by the start of the season Carl? :ayatollah:

It really depends on many things. But at the moment with no players leaving I would say any we get in will be loans/frees to replace what we have released.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:How many players to do think we will get in by the start of the season Carl? :ayatollah:

It really depends on many things. But at the moment with no players leaving I would say any we get in will be loans/frees to replace what we have released.

Looks like there is a good chance of a fee of sorts for Ledley ?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Cheers Carl. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:24 pm

The players we released had no effect on last season other than draining money out of the club. Even if they werent replaced I dont think we would be in a worse position than last season really except have a lower wage bill.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:Lots of you have asked why is there no signings ? Why are the Malaysians not spending their money ? Who is the £3million immediate debt that needs to be settled payable too ?

There is £1.5million left owing on Michael Chopra to Sunderland and this has to be by the end of this July and if we do not pay then the FA will place us under another transfer embargo. This is a direct result of Peter Ridsdale and his style of 'Buy Now Pay Later'.

Also there is a payment of £2million to Paul Guy and this has to be paid by September. I am hopeful that Guy will negotiate with the Malaysians for the good of our club as I think he has done very well out of the club and it's surrounding land if you consider how much land he has obtained for very little cost in comparision to what it was valued at previously.

There is £6million in wages to be paid between the start of the season and December 31st.

There is the £10 million payable to Langston by the end of the calender year also, plus as I have told you previously the Malaysians are currently talking with an overseas company regarding the stadium naming rights, the first £5 million from any deal would be paid directly to langston also.

There are also other commitments the club has got to continue to pay throughout the season to service the debts of creditors that are listed. In total we are talking well over £25 million to be paid out this calender year. I know that the Malaysians will have known of these figures as they done their due dilligence but I have wrote it for us the fans to understand why there has been very little activity regards players coming in.

This is, as I have said previously, a direct result of Ridsdales neglective control of the finances and the way in which he run the club, it is now time that we tighten the belt but unfortunately for the Malaysians it is made more difficult as two of the largest income streams to the club are not there to be relied upon ie. Season ticket money ( Ridsdale spent ) and Premier seating income ( straight into Guy's pocket ). If we average the same crowds as last year then the club will be surviving on a crowd of basically 4,000. As we know have 17,000 season ticket holders and we averaged 21,000 last season.

If we work on the 4,000 figure then you can determine that if each ticket is worth on average £15, once you have subtracted police, steward and other running costs, the club would be making £60,000 per game. Multiply that figure by 23 league games and the club will make £1.4 million from league games over the course of the season, with a wage bill of £1.2 million every month you can start to understand the work that needs to be done this year alone, nevermind the season.

Good/Honest post Carl :ayatollah: