Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"WHAT IS STEVE BORLEYS ROLE IN OUR CLUB ?"

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:47 pm

After handing over the players contracts to Gethin Jenkins last week(after quite a bit of handbags), What is Borley going to be involved in now?, this worries me as now we have not one Football person running our club.Surely we need football people running our Club ?

The Malaysians have not got one clue how to run a football club, Gethin Jenkins works for the Rugby side of the club, Paul Guy, Mike Hall and Alan Whitley.
Any Opinions

Re: "WHAT IS STEVE BORLEYS ROLL IN OUR CLUB ?"

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:01 pm

this is worrying to be honest. I have said for a couple of weeks that we need a captain to control the ship. We need a man who knows how to run a football club. This could prove to be our downfall unless it is sorted out very soon. I am not sure what Borleys role is now I was hoping that he would be more involved making sure the correct decisions were being made for the team.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:04 pm

I don't think Borley is a footbal man he is a fan but not a football man. It's already been said on here that he has no contacts! We need to get someone in with them contacts. But what I don't understand is why someone on the amount DJ earns isn't dealing with contracts himself there are other managers who do, or is he just a coach if so he shouldn't be on the wage he is.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:this is worrying to be honest. I have said for a couple of weeks that we need a captain to control the ship. We need a man who knows how to run a football club. This could prove to be our downfall unless it is sorted out very soon. I am not sure what Borleys role is now I was hoping that he would be more involved making sure the correct decisions were being made for the team.

Carl, he has handed his position over to Jenkins, Borley I think has had enough of all the back stabbing and in fighting in the club.

Re: "WHAT IS STEVE BORLEYS ROLE IN OUR CLUB ?"

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm

THE PROB IS I KNOW THE MALAYSIANS ARE AMAZING BUSINESSMEN BUT THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL MEN ?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:THE PROB IS I KNOW THE MALAYSIANS ARE AMAZING BUSINESSMEN BUT THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL MEN ?

Ridsdale is a football man and he's available :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:24 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:THE PROB IS I KNOW THE MALAYSIANS ARE AMAZING BUSINESSMEN BUT THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL MEN ?

Ridsdale is a football man and he's available :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol:

Yes he def is, but a mad man with our clubs money.I would take Sam back tomorrow.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:25 pm

The News of the World said Borley would be handing transfer matters over to Gethin Jenkins AND Dave Jones.

I'm just wondering if this is true then it might be a result of DJ's meeting with the Malaysians last week where the manager might have insisted on taking over transfer dealings as compensation for not getting an enhanced transfer budget?

I think its fair to say Dave Jones would have contacts within the football world.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The News of the World said Borley would be handing transfer matters over to Gethin Jenkins AND Dave Jones.

I'm just wondering if this is true then it might be a result of DJ's meeting with the Malaysians last week where the manager might have insisted on taking over transfer dealings as compensation for not getting an enhanced transfer budget?

I think its fair to say Dave Jones would have contacts within the football world.

No it isnt sorry Tony, I knew last week that Gethin Jenkins and Borley had a huge row and Borley told him he could do it all and they dont now get on at all.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:The News of the World said Borley would be handing transfer matters over to Gethin Jenkins AND Dave Jones.

No it isnt sorry Tony, I knew last week that Gethin Jenkins and Borley had a huge row and Borley told him he could do it all and they dont now get on at all.

Fair enough.

I suppose then its fair to say Borley's book won't now be on sale at the club shop... :lol:

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fair enough.

I suppose then its fair to say Borley's book won't now be on sale at the club shop... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:34 pm

Who employed this Jenkins guy then ?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Who employed this Jenkins guy then ?

Paul Guy/Alan Whitley and Mike Hall, put him forward, TG then interviewed him, the only person interviewed for the job.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:40 pm

I'll take the job! On alot less money too!

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:41 pm

it is very worrying when you think about it. we need someone with knowledge of the footy management side.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:46 pm

rob wrote:it is very worrying when you think about it. we need someone with knowledge of the footy management side.

Def Rob, more than worrying.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:03 pm

That was a short honeymoon period.

PR was wanted out and that happened, can we at least give them a period to put a squad together.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Wayne S wrote:That was a short honeymoon period.

PR was wanted out and that happened, can we at least give them a period to put a squad together.

Give who a chance .

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Steve borley is cardiff through and through and saved the club. I think steve does not like conflict or the limelight. So we need a director of football who's sole responsibilites is transfer fees and contracts.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Only thing that I don't understand is, how a man thinks that he can go from running a Rugby club, with a fan base as small as Rhyl or... Swansea, and step into the boots of a football club which is growing at the speed which has everyone in shock. We're gaining around 70 new fans every time Cardiff City play at home.

Last season, we jumped from 100,000 fans, to 130,000 fans on our database at the club. Only clubs which has done that in recent times are Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal & Chelsea. And of course, that is because of Obvious Reasons. We're the fastest growing football club in the UK by the looks of it, and we do not need a man to take charge of things, if he does not know what he's doing.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:10 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Only thing that I don't understand is, how a man thinks that he can go from running a Rugby club, with a fan base as small as Rhyl or... Swansea, and step into the boots of a football club which is growing at the speed which has everyone in shock. We're gaining around 70 new fans every time Cardiff City play at home.

Last season, we jumped from 100,000 fans, to 130,000 fans on our database at the club. Only clubs which has done that in recent times are Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal & Chelsea. And of course, that is because of Obvious Reasons. We're the fastest growing football club in the UK by the looks of it, and we do not need a man to take charge of things, if he does not know what he's doing.

I personally think he has been put there to look after Paul Guy/Mike Hall and Whitleys investments, I know he got interviewed by TG, but they only put one man forward Gethin Jenkins lol.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Borley should have gone when ridsdale left the club as he and p guy where the men who own and run the club they where the ones who was behind ridsdale he was the front man for them now they are fucked as they have no one as a front man to blame when they f**k up again :old: :oops: :shock:

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:03 pm

I say bring back Sam, we might not have much of a choice by the end of this year! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I say bring back Sam, we might not have much of a choice by the end of this year! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You never know Rick, Watch this space.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Are the Eggers forcing Mr Borley out in a clandestine way ? Then they can ignore football decisions and work on their "rugby stadium" ?

And , is Sam coming home soon ? We need a footie orientated guy soon or Mr Borley is gonna be outnumbered. In what role could Sam come back ?