Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need to freshen up this squad

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:20 am

I think after failing the last couple of seasons we need to ship a couple of the stale players out & bring fresh in

We CAN'T go another season with this squad

& its fuckin hot & I have sweaty undercarriage :oops:

Re: We need to freshen up this squad

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:51 am

Our squad has been too small for the last 2 seasons, I realise we reached the play off final with that squad but I believe that game at Wembley was 1 game too far, the players had put loads of effort in during the Leicester game and during the season and Bothroyd, Burke, McNaughton and 1 or 2 others were knackered and carrying old injuries. A larger squad would have given these players time to recover. I'm hoping that the Malaysians will bolster the numbers come January if we're in the same position as last season and a similar sized squad, we can get through to Jan with a small squad if we're lucky with injuries etc, it's been mentioned that we may only bring in 3 or 4 players during the summer as we want to run a tight financial ship, but I would hope they push the boat out come Jan if we're up there challenging.

Re: We need to freshen up this squad

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:23 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Our squad has been too small for the last 2 seasons, I realise we reached the play off final with that squad but I believe that game at Wembley was 1 game too far, the players had put loads of effort in during the Leicester game and during the season and Bothroyd, Burke, McNaughton and 1 or 2 others were knackered and carrying old injuries. A larger squad would have given these players time to recover. I'm hoping that the Malaysians will bolster the numbers come January if we're in the same position as last season and a similar sized squad, we can get through to Jan with a small squad if we're lucky with injuries etc, it's been mentioned that we may only bring in 3 or 4 players during the summer as we want to run a tight financial ship, but I would hope they push the boat out come Jan if we're up there challenging.

Spot on. I've seen a lot of blaming of individuals , but over the season it was a lack of strength in depth which cost us.