Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CALM DOWN EVERYBODY "

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:12 pm

I have to write this up to try and get everyone to see what really is happening at our club and how far we have come from just a few weeks ago.

Ok so the Malaysians are mega rich and have invested in this club but let us all remember that they have purchased 36.75% of shares and not bought the club outright, there is a reason for this and it will become clear over the coming months. They have not come in here to throw money around like no tomorrow, they have come with a business plan and it started when they invested £6million to 'SAVE' our club. The money was used to settle important debts and cover players wages. They want this club to run properly, to generate money and work within it's own budgets, this is a massive step forward for us.

For the first time in 40 years this club has not got to sell to survive, this is massive news for us, the club is not touting our star players to other clubs or using the Media as a shop window, we are now turning down big money for players when most on here will agree with me, under Peter Ridsdale and the previous regime these players would have been sold.

I receive messages and calls everyday asking, who are we signing? when are we signing someone ? How much money DJ got to spend ?

It is a time to be patient, we are not even into July yet, I believe there will be signings before the kick off but there is not going to be the big money signings that many are expecting, I know some will point to the fact we tried an audacious attempt to get Bellamy, but dont forget we wanted him on our terms and as much as he is a great player, he would have been as much a signing for the team as for the business development.

There are many debts behind the scenes that need sorting out, Ray Ranson wants his money, Langston need sorting out, there is PMG's loan to be paid and there are many many more creditors who have not just disappeared into the night because the Malaysians have shown up, they still want their money. The Malaysians would probably have waited, in my opinion, a little longer before investing if it were not for the HMRC court case. They invested the amount required to settle the ship in the immediate short term and now they are studying what is happening at the club, who is doing what and how well they are doing it too. I think we will see more money coming into the club throughout the season from the Malaysians but I believe that they will be expecting other interested parties to stump up funds too so the club progresses.

I know the Malaysians are working very hard to bring in sponsorship and other outside investment so the club can start to generate more income as ' normal ' income streams have already been exhausted ie. Season ticket money and Premier seating etc. I am aware that they are in talks with a far east company over the naming rights of the stadium.

I am not saying that Vincent Tan, won't get emotionally attached because he may and if he does he could possibly spend beyond, in football things can change quickly, football does not stand still, look at Warren Feeney's transfer to Bristol Rovers, 2 days ago it was agreed that he would be signing for them but suddenly a deal is done elsewhere with another player and the deal is off, ok Feeney has 2 other offers to look at, Charlton and Carlisle, but it jus goes to show how they can change and may Tan will change his approach but I am not holding my breath.

On the face it, it looks like all is quiet at CCS but there is so much happening at the club behind the scenes and needs sorting we will come out of it with a club that is totally transformed from within.We are becoming a stable club, the debts are being looked at and they are speaking to the creditors not hiding from them, like Ridsdale was doing.

The Malaysians saved the day, dont disillusion yourself thinking it was anything other than that, we were over, 5 days from no having no club and now fans want new signings and they want them now but we have to be patient, they at least deserve the chance to show us how they want to do it and we should support that.

So come on support the club, support the Malaysians and support the shirt regardless who is wearing it, give the club time to figure out how to steer this ship from the rocky waters to calmer seas, if there is one concern that I have, it would be that we are missing a signing and that is a signing to work within the club, a leader, a man with a football background, at this moment there is not anybody at the club, I dont think with those qualities. We need a Captain to steer the ship and lead us forward on the football front whilst the Malaysians deal with the business side.

So the message is to remain calm and remain patient and dont forget how far we have come and let us put things into a little perspective.

Re: " CALM DOWN EVERYBODY "

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 pm

remaining calm, FOR NOW

cheers carl

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:18 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:remaining calm, FOR NOW

cheers carl

Got to be patient Nips :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks Carl - Any news on Ledley?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Well Said Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , everyone should calm down, we nearly never had a Club a couple of months ago, there is no point making out we are signing tom/dick or harry when were not. Weve kept a strong team together, thats a great start in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:Thanks Carl - Any news on Ledley?

It is down to Joe and more so his agent now, they know they wont get anymore off City than what is on offer at the club at present but I know his agent is lining up more talks with Premier clubs.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:I think we will see more money coming into the club throughout the season from the Malaysians but I believe that they will be expecting other interested parties to stump up funds too so the club progresses.

so what happens if the other interested parties don't stump up extra funds?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:27 pm

its far better then we were just a few months ago thats right

remember that feeling when every day would bring more bad news ??!!

thank god that seems over

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well Said Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: , everyone should calm down, we nearly never had a Club a couple of months ago, there is no point making out we are signing tom/dick or harry when were not. Weve kept a strong team together, thats a great start in my opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis a lot of fans forget the damage that has been done to this club and it was not repaired overnight when Tg and Tan invested but they are heading in the right direction, there will be signings for sure but not what a lot of peop[le are expecting I dont think.

As I said all last season I felt we had the best 1-11 of any side and we have been able so far to keep it, so that in itself is positive.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:28 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I think we will see more money coming into the club throughout the season from the Malaysians but I believe that they will be expecting other interested parties to stump up funds too so the club progresses.

so what happens if the other interested parties don't stump up extra funds?

They may decide to sail the ship alone.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:29 pm

A very sensible and timely post Carl.

The most important thing is that we keep the majority of our first team at the club for next season and if we can add some real quality , even only one or two players then we know we can be a match for any team in the division.

The stability of the club is the ONLY thing that is vital at the moment.

Let's remember where we were only a few short weeks ago,

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Sludge wrote:its far better then we were just a few months ago thats right

remember that feeling when every day would bring more bad news ??!!

thank god that seems over

Yes Paul but a lot have seemed to have forgotten. We all want it like yesterday but these are difficult times and we must stay strong for the Malaysians and support them in what they try.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm

davids wrote:A very sensible and timely post Carl.

The most important thing is that we keep the majority of our first team at the club for next season and if we can add some real quality , even only one or two players then we know we can be a match for any team in the division.

The stability of the club is the ONLY thing that is vital at the moment.

Let's remember where we were only a few short weeks ago,

We are being repaired but all will take time Davids. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:33 pm

We owe money to ray ranson? The Coventry guy?
Anymore news on this Carl ?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm

All calm here on the western front !!!! Thanks again Carl :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm

ran ranson ???

ex man city ??

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 pm

I think an important point and one that I am happy about is the fact that we are now turning down offers for our players.

Undoubtedly every one has his price but let's be honest, if Ridsdale had still been here Chopra and Whitts would have already been sold for whatever price was first offered and his ugly mug would have been all over Sky Sports reminding everyone that we've not yet had any offers but that there is bound to be interest in our players - Riddler speak for " Just make us any sort of offer and we'll see what we can do".

Let's give these boys the time they need - it's the least we can do in return for them literally saving us from oblivion.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm

well said carl, the times of sam hammam era of taking over the club and buying anything for promotion are over, selling players to survive are over. Im happy that riddler is out of our club and we can now start to be fun like a proper football club because lets face it this club always seems to be run/taken over by idiots

we will now do things the right ways, maybe one or two to stregthen the squad happy days, most fans on here and mainly plastics keep asking " ffs when we signing people" and "whens the next big signing" ffs f**k off you cunts, just be thankful we have a club after that c**t riddler has now gone

im happy with that, anything else is a bonus, im just going with the flow and supporting the club in anything they want to do or achieve

some people need a reality check

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:43 pm

its just been said that we have turned down another offer for whitts!!!! must be a good sign surely?

Good post Carl, with regards to Bellamy in my opinion if we were realistic from the start then it was obvious he would never come to us on the terms negotiated, even though he IS interested in playing for us.

I am hoping we do keep our current squad but am not holding my breath with regards to Ledley staying, i just hope over the next 2-3 weeks we get 3 or 4 new signings in of an acceptable quality to enable us to push once again next season for a top 6 finish.

Also TG told me to think POSITIVE, is he blazing saddles in disguise. :lol: :ayatollah:

2blue2handle wrote:We owe money to ray ranson? The Coventry guy?

Ray Ranson's company is the firm that loaned the club £4.8million under Ridsdale against the players value.

Ranso was heavily involved with loaning money to Leeds Utd when PR was there and is also the owner of PROZONE which porvides clubs with all the stats on players performances etc City use prozone too.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Ray Ranson's company is the firm that loaned the club £4.8million under Ridsdale against the players value.

Ranso was heavily involved with loaning money to Leeds Utd when PR was there and is also the owner of PROZONE which porvides clubs with all the stats on players performances etc City use prozone too.

pity our stubborn manager did not use the prozone stats to pick our centre back pairing for the play off final carl because gerrard and blake were top pairing by a country mile

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Where on earth did this money go?

It didn't go towards reducing the debt.
It didn't go towards paying the creditors.
It didn't go to the taxman.
It didn't go on maintenance of the pitch.
It didn't go on the purchase of new players.

Did it all go on wages?

What an absolute f*cking mess our former chairman has left behind him.

I don't think it's an understatement to say that without the Malaysians we would have NO club to support next season.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Davids, The Riddler left us worse than any Fan will ever realise.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm

davids wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Where on earth did this money go?

It didn't go towards reducing the debt.
It didn't go towards paying the creditors.
It didn't go to the taxman.
It didn't go on maintenance of the pitch.
It didn't go on the purchase of new players.

Did it all go on wages?

What an absolute f*cking mess our former chairman has left behind him.

I don't think it's an understatement to say that without the Malaysians we would have NO club to support next season.

you are correct Davids

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:20 pm

i do find it strange, that a person, or persons, would invest into cardiff city, to steady the ship? why, whats in it for them,,,,,, ? how are they going to make money out of cardiff city?? the only way i can see them making money is to invest,, with a squad that can finish in the top 2 , is it still not the case, the more you put in , the more you get out of it? i just dont think that the malaysians are here to help us,?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:23 pm

its great we dont have to sell for once, dont people see that this itself is progress? The only thing i think is a shame, which we cant get back is the fact that ridders guy et al haver sold off lots of potential future income streams that sam had planned for us. Still, we should be fine without them, we have a good solid and large fan base these days, unlike the jacks for example...3000 ST's? is that a joke? :lol: :lol:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:26 pm

goats wrote:its great we dont have to sell for once, dont people see that this itself is progress? The only thing i think is a shame, which we cant get back is the fact that ridders guy et al haver sold off lots of potential future income streams that sam had planned for us. Still, we should be fine without them, we have a good solid and large fan base these days, unlike the jacks for example...3000 ST's? is that a joke? :lol: :lol:

SADLY Correct Goats , they have Sold all our future income streams off.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
goats wrote:its great we dont have to sell for once, dont people see that this itself is progress? The only thing i think is a shame, which we cant get back is the fact that ridders guy et al haver sold off lots of potential future income streams that sam had planned for us. Still, we should be fine without them, we have a good solid and large fan base these days, unlike the jacks for example...3000 ST's? is that a joke? :lol: :lol:

i think the plaza package tours are still available annis for the right price

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:30 pm

steve davies wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i think the plaza package tours are still available annis for the right price

:lol: :lol:

I think I will decline on that offer Steve(The DVD girl is passed her sell by date) :lol: :lol: