Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE GOVERNMENT SAYS AND THE PREVIOUS GOVT

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm

would say We all have to make cut backs in our National Health, in our Military,in our Schools, in our local services etc etc etc

ARE THEY MAKING CUT BACKS ON THE AMOUNT WE SPEND ON IMMIGRATION ?

Sludge will prob answer this.

But in MY OPINION THAT IS WHERE THE FIRST CUT BACKS SHOULD BE.

Re: THE GOVERNMENT SAYS AND THE PREVIOUS GOVT

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 pm

It mostly out of their hands as 80% of it is europe .THey STILL need to have a go at the BANKS before any more cuts on anything

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:55 pm

One cuts ones cloth to suit ones pocket. One does not invite the neighbours in for tea when theres no bread & butter on the table. :old:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:One cuts ones cloth to suit ones pocket. One does not invite the neighbours in for tea when theres no bread & butter on the table. :old:

Rick, GREAT POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 pm

actually annis you tory boys said that you would be making cutbacks in the NHS and the police

but after the budget the other day the institute for fiscal studies have calculated 36000 less coppers on the front line due to this new governments plans

so a few weeks ago , the tories said no cuts to the front line

today ...they have now gone back on what they said

nurses and doctors next !!

I did warn you they would lie , too late now though

with reagrd to immigration you need to realise thet if you want stricter controls on it , we need to spend MORE on controlling it , not LESS

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:58 pm

Sludge wrote:actually annis you tory boys said that you would be making cutbacks in the NHS and the police

but after the budget the other day the institute for fiscal studies have calculated 36000 less coppers on the front line due to this new governments plans

with reagrd to immigration you need to realise thet if you want stricter controls on it , we need to spend MORE on controlling it , not LESS

The Tories, Did not realise how bad the Country had been left, The Riddler situation is very Similar.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:59 pm

john52 wrote:It mostly out of their hands as 80% of it is europe .THey STILL need to have a go at the BANKS before any more cuts on anything

thats correct

the tories have bottled it

they could have raised far more from the bank levy

but bottled it

instead of that they will cut the front line services , even though they said they would protect them

they are lying already

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 pm

tHE tory MOTTO look after yourself and f**k anyone else who needs help

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sludge wrote:actually annis you tory boys said that you would be making cutbacks in the NHS and the police

The Tories, Did not realise how bad the Country had been left, The Riddler situation is very Similar.

well I am afraid thats wrong annis

the tories set up the office for budget responsibility to tell them the state of the finances

they were hoping it would tell them we were going to die under this debt

the tories were livid when it actually told them things were not as bad as the tories were telling us !!

so the country was not as badly off as you were saying the tories said it was

its all on record annis

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 pm

taking more money from us to give to imigrants and people abroad

discracful, did you have a love in with these people :lol:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:15 pm

Lets be honest, all these parties are as bad as each other.

They tell you what you want to hear to get your votes then it all changes.

Did anyone REALLY expect anything else?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 pm

does anyone believe any of these parties ?

annis

he thinks everything the tories do is good , they never tell lies ever (even though they already have )

and labour never ever do anything good and they always tell lies

he is consistent though , I wil agree with him on that

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Sludge wrote:

the tories set up the office for budget responsibility to tell them the state of the finances

the tories were livid when it actually told them things were not as bad as the tories were telling us !!

its all on record annis

It is also true that the OFBR told the new incoming Government that there was no need to cut as deep as they planned because tax receipts were higher than expected and borrowing £12billion less.

The Labour plans to delay for 12 months the savage cuts could have easily been implemented whilst the economy was given more time to recover, again increasing tax receipts and lessening the impact.

However, due to the nature of the beast the Tories just couldn't resist a full blown attack on the poor and have put into motion plans to cut 25% more than is needed simply as a vindictive measure against the working class.

They are the disgusting Nasty Party and this is just the begining. On the bright side for those opposed to immigration, things will soon be so bad no one will want to come here and indeed it might be worth checking out the job pages in Poland and the rest of Eastern Europe if you want employment with a decent level of public services.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 pm

;)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

TIME IT WAS SORTED.........50,000 people living in this country,claiming child benefits and sending it abroad......its time we took a leaf out of Austrailias book and clamped down on this madness.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Denzil wrote:TIME IT WAS SORTED.........50,000 people living in this country,claiming child benefits and sending it abroad......its time we took a leaf out of Austrailias book and clamped down on this madness.

GREAT POST DENZIL and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, Now CONSERVATIVES Sort THIS LABOUR MESS OUT NOW.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:55 pm

When my mate emigrated to Austrailia....He had a job lined up and a firm that badly needed him..yet it still took 2 yrs loads of paperwork,medicals and financial committments to get him and his family out there.once there he can not become an aussie citizen for 3 yrs and he is not entitled to free housing or benefits........I think that says a lot about this country.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:07 pm

There is nothing more frustrating than having a debate/discussion with anybody who will not listen to what you are saying. You can agree to disagree but please have the courtesy to acknowledge previous standpoints. Annis, you keep bringing things around to immigration and you keep saying it is 'Labour debt'. Immigration is a misnomer for reasons already expressed on this thread and seemingly endless threads previously. As for the 'Labour debt', I watched the budget speech and Osborne himself admitted the banks caused the crisis, I'm only surprised more wasn't made of it. The exaggerated perilous state of the finances are being used as a smokescreen for the impending ideological changes that are going to take place. The Tories are dishonourable liars who have a completely seperate agenda to what they talk about. The only surprise was/still is the Liberals shameful support, absolutely no principles whatsover, I respect them even less.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:16 pm

Perfectly put VCLEE.

The Lib Dems are already squirming with embarassment - did anyone see Vince Cable on QT last night? I almost felt sorry for him!! It's very difficult defending the indefensible. Simon Hughes is already saying that he will vote against certain parts of the budget, in particular the rise in VAT - and he's the party's deputy leader!!! I can see massive problems for Clegg and his neo-Cons come the party conference in the autumn.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Sludge wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

its all on record annis

What is also on record was the note with regard to the countries finances left behind by the previous incumbent eh? "We've spent it all" seems to ring a bell.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 pm

Vince Cable has gone from being a highly respected confident statesman to........well last night he resembled somebodys doddery old uncle, I pitied him.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:20 pm

VCLEE wrote:There is nothing more frustrating than having a debate/discussion with anybody who will not listen to what you are saying. You can agree to disagree but please have the courtesy to acknowledge previous standpoints. Annis, you keep bringing things around to immigration and you keep saying it is 'Labour debt'. Immigration is a misnomer for reasons already expressed on this thread and seemingly endless threads previously. As for the 'Labour debt', I watched the budget speech and Osborne himself admitted the banks caused the crisis, I'm only surprised more wasn't made of it. The exaggerated perilous state of the finances are being used as a smokescreen for the impending ideological changes that are going to take place. The Tories are dishonourable liars who have a completely seperate agenda to what they talk about. The only surprise was/still is the Liberals shameful support, absolutely no principles whatsover, I respect them even less.

very true

annis has brought up this topic as a thread

I have told him that his arguement the tories found an even bigger mess was wrong , as the governments own advice group and the institute of fiscal studies have stated this week that the economy was not in as bad a state as the tories were saying

its all on record

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:27 pm

nerd

liam byrne left a silly note not based on any sort of facts

the reports forwarded by the IFS and the OBR are " proper " by economists and economic forecasters

they showed that the economy is not in as bad a state as annis and the tories are saying

the first one is written in crayon

dont take it as factual

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 pm

VCLEE wrote:Vince Cable has gone from being a highly respected confident statesman to........well last night he resembled somebodys doddery old uncle, I pitied him.

clegg cam across really well during the election

those that said they were going to vote liberal let him and his party down

if a few more had , they would have had a natural ally in the labour party

the liberals could have had input into the economy ..which needed cuts

but since hes been in office he and his lot have lost massive amounts of liberal support

he knifed them in the back

he hasfailed to stand up to the tory economy hawks

if he gets electoral reform , then he will be forgiven

if he screws that or is engulfed by the tories , hes had it

no sympathy for vince cable , hes turned blue in 56 days

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:53 pm

Not coppers,they said civilian staff and the useless wankers called Community Support Officers

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 pm

plenty of coppers think those CSO help em out and do a good job

I know one , a decent fella

still , the tories said they would protect front line services

anyone who thinks they are telling the truth is plain daft !

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:18 pm

with regard to immigration you need to realise that if you want stricter controls on it , we need to spend MORE on controlling it , not LESS

Sludge we need to stop giving immigrants benefits be all and end all. If they have no money, no job, to go for then they shouldn't come here. If we went to another country then for sure we wouldn't get any benefits of them and rightly so.
Oh and before you say anything we need to vastly tighten up on our own citizens who cheat there way threw life constantly claiming benefits simply because they are f*cking to damn lazy to work.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Have the tories atcuallyy said the will cut front line police or are you only going on what the Instituter for Fisacl Studies says?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Perfectly put VCLEE.

The Lib Dems are already squirming with embarassment - did anyone see Vince Cable on QT last night? I almost felt sorry for him!! It's very difficult defending the indefensible. Simon Hughes is already saying that he will vote against certain parts of the budget, in particular the rise in VAT - and he's the party's deputy leader!!! I can see massive problems for Clegg and his neo-Cons come the party conference in the autumn.

I didn't Vince Cable was squirning with embarrassment.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Sludge wrote:
john52 wrote:It mostly out of their hands as 80% of it is europe .THey STILL need to have a go at the BANKS before any more cuts on anything

thats correct

the tories have bottled it

they could have raised far more from the bank levy

but bottled it

instead of that they will cut the front line services , even though they said they would protect them

they are lying already

I would have loved to see the Tories raise far more the Bank Levy

I would have liked to see him squeeze them till the pips squeaked as Dennis Healy once said. ( once worked for Nat West incidentally)

Unfrotunately it would be self defeating because unless all countries agreed to impose a common levy on thr banks they would simply move their headquarters elswewhere and we would get diddly squat.

On budget day there some bloke from banking who wasn't too dismayed at the 2 billion levy but felt that even so there would be a small number of bankers and banks leaving the country.

Let's see what the cuts actually are before jumping up and down.