Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ross McCormack

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Eveything seems to be quite with him.

Bothroyd, Chopra, Ledley, Whittingham, McPhail, Matthews, Blake. all being linked or talked about.

Just wondering because Ross said he wanted to join Hull last year and just wondering if anything is happening with him.

Would love to see him stay at Cardiff and have a better season than he did last e.g Injuries, drink driving, poor form.

This will be his season :ayatollah:

Re: Ross McCormack

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:37 pm

chippy909 wrote:Eveything seems to be quite with him.

Bothroyd, Chopra, Ledley, Whittingham, McPhail, Matthews, Blake. all being linked or talked about.

Just wondering because Ross said he wanted to join Hull last year and just wondering if anything is happening with him.

Would love to see him stay at Cardiff and have a better season than he did last e.g Injuries, drink driving, poor form.

Chippy,
Ross is determined to show Dave Jones that he was wrong last season in how he treated him and is very happy to go for it with Cardiff City This Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:40 pm

I say give Ross a run and Jones play him in his right position and you will have an Excellent player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I say give Ross a run and Jones play him in his right position and you will have an Excellent player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whilst we've still got Chopra Ross is going to be short of games though ?

Its a real shame that 2 of our best players are fighting for the same spot. Pity he's not a central midfielder or left-back !

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I say give Ross a run and Jones play him in his right position and you will have an Excellent player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its a real shame that 2 of our best players are fighting for the same spot. Pity he's not a central midfielder or left-back !

It is a shame Tim.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Great attitude :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 pm

McCormack is already an excellent player but I couldn't help thinking he was carrying excess baggage last season, both physically and mentally. Hopefully, he'll return refreshed,fit and fully charged. We know he's got the ability to wreak havoc.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:54 pm

VCLEE wrote:McCormack is already an excellent player but I couldn't help thinking he was carrying excess baggage last season, both physically and mentally. Hopefully, he'll return refreshed,fit and fully charged. We know he's got the ability to wreak havoc.

But he wasnt in the first 2 months of the season, once he knew DJ wasnt interested in him till we became desperate it was to late Ross had put it all on.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
VCLEE wrote:McCormack is already an excellent player but I couldn't help thinking he was carrying excess baggage last season, both physically and mentally. Hopefully, he'll return refreshed,fit and fully charged. We know he's got the ability to wreak havoc.

But he wasnt in the first 2 months of the season, once he knew DJ wasnt interested in him till we became desperate it was to late Ross had put it all on.

McCormack will know he can't allo that to happen again.
He's got loads of talent and I for one hope we see him more next season.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

I agree, and if Whittingham does move on I see Ross being more than able to fill that forward midfield role......but he must stay fit.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 pm

I remember somebody once saying to get out of this division, you need 4 quality strikers. Chops, Ross, Jay, we're already 3/4 there! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 pm

G3vans wrote:I remember somebody once saying to get out of this division, you need 4 quality strikers. Chops, Ross, Jay, we're already 3/4 there! :ayatollah:

Well said and lets keep hold of them all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:38 pm

no matter what he did when he came on,
i knew, he knew, he wouldnt start next game if chopra was fit.
jones has to many favourites in the club e.g 2 seasons ago when mcphail was playing like a donkey, he still wouldn't stick him on the bench until he got sent off against the jacks, even then he was desperate to stick him back on the pitch.
kennedy, chopra, mcphail, ledley all of his mates and won't drop them for the world.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:41 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:no matter what he did when he came on,
jones has to many favourites in the club e.g 2 seasons ago when mcphail was playing like a donkey, he still wouldn't stick him on the bench until he got sent off against the jacks, even then he was desperate to stick him back on the pitch.
kennedy, chopra, mcphail, ledley all of his mates and won't drop them for the world.

Chopra McPhail and Ledley are 3 of the best players in the club. He'd need his head read dropped any of these. They are also the best we've got in their respective positions.
Kennedy had a decent season as well.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

It is a shame Tim.

Not really Annis. although it would be nice to see him in the team, he keeps Chopra on his toes. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I'm not sure about that as I think it's a bit harsh to say DJ wasn't interested.

Ross was picked ahead of Burkey/Whitts in the first few league games of the season out wide and played well. Then he got injured and during his time out Whitts/Burkey had fantastic starts and there was no way anyone would have agreed that Ross should have been picked ahead of them at that stage.

Similarly, Chops was on fire at the start of the season and no way Ross could compete.

He came back from injury clearly overweight and possibly with other issues going on and simply didn't play well. His lack of form/effort was summed up at the Liberty where, apart from hitting the bar with a free kick and squaring up to Tate :twisted: :lol: he did nothing in such a massive game and just wasn't at the races. Sometimes players have to take the responsibility for poor form and not look to blame the manager, etc.

I really hope Ross turns it around but I think it will be as a wide player where he has done so on occasions for us, Motherwell and Scotland. I can remember Mark McGhee saying, when we signed him, that he was more of a creator than a goalscorer and I think the huge number of penalties we had in his 1st season papered over the cracks in his goalscoring record.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a great player to have though if he can get back to the form he showed in his first season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Chopra McPhail and Ledley are 3 of the best players in the club. He'd need his head read dropped any of these. They are also the best we've got in their respective positions.

who's writing this, ^^^^ kennedy ?
kennedy can neither defend or attack, he can just wave his arms well the ball is hits the net.
mcphail(ure) is a playmaker who passes the ball back when he should be pushing us on.
and ledley is just an average joe.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 pm

CCFC 1927 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

who's writing this, ^^^^ kennedy ?
kennedy can neither defend or attack, he can just wave his arms well the ball is hits the net.
mcphail(ure) is a playmaker who passes the ball back when he should be pushing us on.
and ledley is just an average joe.

Care to explain why our results were SO much better when McPhail played ?

Also why Ledley was in the PFA team 2008/09, and has Premiership sides, Roma and Celtic looking at him. Hardly average.

As for Kennedy, 36 appearances, and did well - I felt at the start of the season he was a weakness, but he played pretty well over the season.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:44 pm

In fairness to DJ he did strip Ledley of captaincy and I don't think Kennedy was automatic first choice at start of season - I think the plan was to move Mcnaughton to right back.
Bosco

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Plan for that start of the season was lb mcnaughton and Quinn rb but it never quite worked.

As for Rossco a good player but dj had no choice other than to bench him with burke and witts on fire and chops clearly a
much better player.

Also I don't think there is any excuse for him putting on the weight. Hudson was out injured for ages and not training and still come bk fit ad in gd shape (still shit sadly lol)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Chippy,
Ross is determined to show Dave Jones that he was wrong last season in how he treated him and is very happy to go for it with Cardiff City This Season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I've heard he is determined to play, but would be happy to move on if he's still not in our plans.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Chippy,

I've heard he is determined to play, but would be happy to move on if he's still not in our plans.

Well lets be honest if he isnt in DJ's plans anyone with Ambition would want to move on surely.