Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"CARDIFF CITY CONTINUE TO TURN DOWN BIDS"

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:10 pm

For Our Players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 761853.stm :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But I have been told a bid of £2.5 mill would prob get him.

Re: "CARDIFF CITY CONTINUE TO TURN DOWN BIDS"

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:13 pm

I'd like to see Whitts stay but money talks I suppose. :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I think £2.5 million for a player in the last year of his contract is great business and is around 10 times what we paid to bring him in.

On the other hand, have they spoken to him about extending his contract?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 pm

PtB wrote:I think £2.5 million for a player in the last year of his contract is great business and is around 10 times what we paid to bring him in.

I would accept it Paul, £2.5 million, yes Borley is on the job now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PtB wrote:I think £2.5 million for a player in the last year of his contract is great business and is around 10 times what we paid to bring him in.

I would accept it Paul, £2.5 million, yes Borley is on the job now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Annis, thing is, if he signs a new deal, his value won't increase. I hope but would be surprised to see him net another 20 or so goals this season.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Its very quiet at the moment.

No news on Ledley, nothing on the contract extensions, no bids for new players.

I'm wondering if we are waiting to see which way Ledley goes (i.e. somewhere where we will get a fee) before playing our hand ?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'm wondering if we are waiting to see which way Ledley goes (i.e. somewhere where we will get a fee) before playing our hand ?

We're waiting, like everyone else, for he post world cup transfer merry go round to kick off.

You can't seriously think we'd have made any transfers by now with DJ in charge? When was the last time we made a summer transfer this side of July?!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:45 pm

I'm wondering if we are waiting to see which way Ledley goes (i.e. somewhere where we will get a fee) before playing our hand ?[/quote]

We're waiting, like everyone else, for he post world cup transfer merry go round to kick off.

You can't seriously think we'd have made any transfers by now with DJ in charge? When was the last time we made a summer transfer this side of July?![/quote]

Last season. Marshall. :)

I don't see the WC having much of an influence on our targets tbh.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:49 pm

This season - Heaton. ;)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

Burnley had Whitts on loan when he was a youngster. Ironically he didn't impress the fans then - might have been a lot cheaper for them then!
Bosco

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:Burnley had Whitts on loan when he was a youngster. Ironically he didn't impress the fans then - might have been a lot cheaper for them then!
Bosco

I didn't know that !!!! What's his history ? We all know the top level stuff , but what happened in between ?

I'd like to keep him , why can't he get more goals next season (i agree not as much as this season) , but if he chips in with 10 - 15 next season then that's one hell of a midfielder

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Whitts was at Burnley in 2005 - he played 9 games in a loan period that lasted a month or two. Burnley wanted to extend it I think but Villa wanted him back.
Bosco

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:48 pm

IMO 2.5m is about right, not a good bid but about right.
Id be disappointed to see him leave for that to be honest

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:50 pm

You can't seriously think we'd have made any transfers by now with DJ in charge? When was the last time we made a summer transfer this side of July?![/quote]

We do every summer but not everyone else is. leeds have signed 4 players so far

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
Bosco Blue wrote:Burnley had Whitts on loan when he was a youngster. Ironically he didn't impress the fans then - might have been a lot cheaper for them then!
Bosco

I didn't know that !!!! What's his history ? We all know the top level stuff , but what happened in between ?

I'd like to keep him , why can't he get more goals next season (i agree not as much as this season) , but if he chips in with 10 - 15 next season then that's one hell of a midfielder

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2003–2007 Aston Villa 56 (1)
2005 → Burnley (loan) 7 (0)
2005 → Derby County (loan) 11 (0)
2007– Cardiff City 134 (32)
National team‡
2004–2007 England U21 17 (3)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:52, 24 April 2010 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals).

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

What let your top scorer go???

And a midfielder not even a striker ????

Ask Swansea fans now if it's a good idea to let your top scorer go even if some people think he is lazy ????

He has to stay unless it goes above £4Million which would be silly money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm

He also got 10 assists and hit the woodwork 9 times according
To the BBC..... Impressive

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:53 pm

despite what people might think i still think one of our players will go for money before we bring any substantial players in

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:55 pm

steve davies wrote:despite what people might think i still think one of our players will go for money before we bring any substantial players in

Steve, thats what I have been saying for over a month.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 pm

steve davies wrote:despite what people might think i still think one of our players will go for money before we bring any substantial players in

Logically thats what will need to happen to balance the books. Which is why the Ledley saga is key. If he goes to say Stoke and we get £2.5m then we might not NEED to sell another. If he goes to Celtic then it could be bye-bye to Chops or Whitts

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What let your top scorer go???

And a midfielder not even a striker ????

Ask Swansea fans now if it's a good idea to let your top scorer go even if some people think he is lazy ????

He has to stay unless it goes above £4Million which would be silly money :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah, last year of contract, let him wind contract down, leave with zero compensation. Kinda thing the Jacks do.