Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FRED KEENOR STATUE FUND: OPEN MEETING

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:48 am

STATEMENT FROM THE FRED KEENOR STATUE FUND COMMITTEE

Just a reminder that Fred Keenor Statue Committee is hosting an open meeting at the Duke of Clarence pub in Canton, Cardiff, on Thursday, July 1st (7.30pm) as part of efforts to encourage more fans to become involved in fundraising events.

David Craig, project manager and Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust board member, said that he hoped fans willing to help the appeal would attend the meeting.

“This could be by helping to support events already planned or by organising their own. If fans have any bright ideas for other fundraising efforts, we’d be delighted to hear from them.

He stressed that people helping the appeal didn’t need to be members of the Trust. “We welcome help from anyone, so please come along. There's also no World Cup football on the night so come along."

"This campaign is not just about recognising a Cardiff or Welsh football hero but also honouring a City of Cardiff sporting legend."

Donations to the appeal fund can be made through the Co-operative Bank:
Account name: – Fred Keenor Statue Fund or FKSF
Account no 65392368
Sort Code 08-92-99
Cheques can also be sent c/o CCST to PO Box 4254, Cardiff, CF14 8FD. Please add the words “Fred Keenor Appeal” on the top of the envelope.

Re: FRED KEENOR STATUE FUND: OPEN MEETING

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am

I am waiting for Wayne Nash to get back to me as i have asked if i could organise a charity football match between AAMB & CCMB, this will be played on leckwith pitch with every player paying £20 each plus all subs so we are looking at 44 players being involved......this money would then be going to The Fred Keenor Statue, But wayne nash has said he would be getting in touch with you all to see if this could possibly be pulled off......Real Radio have also offered to help me out!
Also im looking for a shirt to be maybe donated & signed by all playes from CCFC which would then be used as a raffle, also this money would go to the statue aswell!

Please can someone confirm that Wayne Nash has been in touch with the organiser of the fundraising for fred keenor please?
As i really want to start making plans now as to when this can be played

Many Thanks

Jayne :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:20 pm

to confirm this I would get in tocuh with whitchurch blue oon here, via pm

hes part of the fred keenor group

but he may not come on here very often to pick up his emails

so , try contacting the trust via its website , or via the trust forum on mikes board

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Jayne
Thanks for your response. David Craig's details are: d.craig43@ntlworld.com or 029 2063 6637.
I'm the Press Officer for the Trust but David is leading on the project and is in regular contact with Wayne Nash. He met Wayne and Gethin Jenkins recently and the club have been really supportive.
There's only a committee of five of us organising things so anything you or any others fans can do would be great. For instance, Eric of the Duke of Clarence had his head shaved and raised £100. The Supporters' Club are also organising an event with the proceeds to the fund.
We are organising our own sports memorabilia auction in the autumn when we will be auctioning items like signed shirts and planning to sell miniature statues, pin badges etc.
thanks for your interest
Phil

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks Both :ayatollah:

Just had a reply I have managed to pull this charity match off.......ooohhh well done me eh!!!! look out Fred Keenor Statue mega bucks is coming you way :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Great stuff Jayne.
Can I suggest when date/time is finished you give the Echo a call for a bit of publicity. They are supporting the Fred Keenor Statue Appeal and the reporter doing most of the stories is chief reporter Abby Alford (Tel 029 2024 3617) - abby.alford@mediawales.co.uk
Phil

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 am

To be Honest I believe when This Statue actually finally goes up, WE as City fans will be Very Proud of it. I do think Our club could of funded at least half of the money as Keenor is a Major part of Our History and THE NEW STADIUM shows nothing from our past.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:39 pm

hughesygirl wrote:I am waiting for Wayne Nash to get back to me as i have asked if i could organise a charity football match between AAMB & CCMB, this will be played on leckwith pitch with every player paying £20 each plus all subs so we are looking at 44 players being involved......this money would then be going to The Fred Keenor Statue, But wayne nash has said he would be getting in touch with you all to see if this could possibly be pulled off......Real Radio have also offered to help me out!
Also im looking for a shirt to be maybe donated & signed by all playes from CCFC which would then be used as a raffle, also this money would go to the statue aswell!

Please can someone confirm that Wayne Nash has been in touch with the organiser of the fundraising for fred keenor please?
As i really want to start making plans now as to when this can be played

Many Thanks

Jayne :ayatollah:

Being old and knackered there is no way I will be playing but I would still like to make a donation to the CCMB Vs AAMB game.

If you post up details HG I am more than happy to contribute.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi TBW
Thank You very much its very appreciated,,,,,, all im looking for is raffle prizes to be honest, Crates of lager/beer/cider, spa days, fitness session anything along them lines to be honest. just been offered a bottle of wine from someone on here, also Im tring to get a bottles of water for the players but in bulk and unfortuately i have not got a card for any wholesalers

Been in touch with Asda, Tesco, Morrissons, Costco and even my local shop and they have all said they would be donating something aslong i get proof of the charity which i will be speaking to David Craig about once this has been finalised.

Thanks again TBW ur a gentleman :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 am

hughesygirl wrote:Hi TBW
Thank You very much its very appreciated,,,,,, all im looking for is raffle prizes to be honest, Crates of lager/beer/cider, spa days, fitness session anything along them lines to be honest. just been offered a bottle of wine from someone on here, also Im tring to get a bottles of water for the players but in bulk and unfortuately i have not got a card for any wholesalers

Been in touch with Asda, Tesco, Morrissons, Costco and even my local shop and they have all said they would be donating something aslong i get proof of the charity which i will be speaking to David Craig about once this has been finalised.

Thanks again TBW ur a gentleman :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Anything to help, I'll donate a create of Strongbow (that should get Martyn buying a few raffle tickets ;) )

Post up the details of where and when to bring the goods along HG and obviously if anyone else can donate please leave details below.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks TBW

All donations are very well appreciated and a crate of strongbow would get half the people on here down there i think, not just martyn :lol: :lol:
should hear from Wayne Nash Monday hopefully with confirmed date i have asked for Sunday 25th July!

I have also spoken to David Craig and he wants me to contact him as soon as the date is confirmed, but is well happy with what i am organising.

The plans are as follows:

12pm at leckwith under 16's pitch Where children will be able to play penalty shoot outs with one of city's player @ £2-£2-50 for 3 shots.
We may have a childrens face painter there too, Real Radio im waiting to hear from them regarding coming down to play music.
2pm the footie team go into CCS and have there photo taken at pitch side, also trying to to see Wayne if the guys can borrow the players old kits to play in, The boys will then use the changing rooms then nip back over to the pitch (leckwith) for 3pm kick off.
Damon Searle & Scott Young will be the teams manager for the game, however they have said they would play a game if needed !
After Game the boys will nip back to CCS and use the changing rooms & showers and the use of the lounge for a beer or 2 :D

Im looking for someone to help me purchase bulk bottles of water & oranges for the boys at half time so if anyone knows or has a card for a cash & carry that would be soooooooooo brilliant and i'd be very grateful too :ayatollah: