Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"SO ITS MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME JOE LEDLEY"

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Will you go to Stoke City or will you stay at Cardiff City ? who have put a very good offer on the table for you, I hope you give Cardiff one more Season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: "SO ITS MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME JOE LEDLEY"

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 am

Yes 1 more season please joe :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 am

I dont see him staying

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 am

Doubt he's decided anything yet as he just got back from Vagas yesterday.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:58 am

Vagas??....wheres that then? near Merthyr??? :lol: He'll stay for another season, why go to 'hoof ball Stoke'??? - he'll be part of our promotion squad this season!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 am

Just go joe ffs, your doing my head in

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:07 am

agree benny this guy is nowhere near good enough to play in the championship let alone premier bye joe

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:31 am

DEANO wrote:agree benny this guy is nowhere near good enough to play in the championship let alone premier bye joe

Over 200 appearances in the Championship tells me he's good enough to play in this league! He's comfortably a top end Championship player (even more so when he's fully fit) and deserves a shot in the prem. He may not be good enough but he's got to give it a shot, I'd hope it was with us but if not then I wish him all the best - the guy has definately done his bit for City over the last 6 years.

I think Joe gets judged differently to our other players simply because he's a Cardiff boy and people expect loyalty forgetting that he's stuck with the club when others have been sold off to balance the books. I wonder what the opinions of Joe would have been had we accepted Stokes 6m bid 2 years ago and he'd left. I'd guess we'd all hold him in similar regard as Ramsey, R Johnson and Chopra (when at Sunderland).

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:05 am

Oooo now this raises another issue. Yes I would like to keep Joe but do I want him at the expense of him going free next year?

Obviously we are asking him to stay one more year and we will go up, then if we don't he gets the pick of teams with a big signing on fee as we will not get a fee.

So it begs the question would you want about 1.5 million from Stoke NOW so we can get the midfield sorted or do we want to keep Ledley and possibly lose him next year and NOT get the cash to put right what MAY go wrong between now and next May.

I suppose the question is, is Joe the midfield man to get us up?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:16 am

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock: :shock:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 am

asz wrote:
DEANO wrote:agree benny this guy is nowhere near good enough to play in the championship let alone premier bye joe

Over 200 appearances in the Championship tells me he's good enough to play in this league! He's comfortably a top end Championship player (even more so when he's fully fit) and deserves a shot in the prem. He may not be good enough but he's got to give it a shot, I'd hope it was with us but if not then I wish him all the best - the guy has definately done his bit for City over the last 6 years.

I think Joe gets judged differently to our other players simply because he's a Cardiff boy and people expect loyalty forgetting that he's stuck with the club when others have been sold off to balance the books. I wonder what the opinions of Joe would have been had we accepted Stokes 6m bid 2 years ago and he'd left. I'd guess we'd all hold him in similar regard as Ramsey, R Johnson and Chopra (when at Sunderland).

WELL SAID asz :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:Oooo now this raises another issue. Yes I would like to keep Joe but do I want him at the expense of him going free next year?

Obviously we are asking him to stay one more year and we will go up, then if we don't he gets the pick of teams with a big signing on fee as we will not get a fee.

So it begs the question would you want about 1.5 million from Stoke NOW so we can get the midfield sorted or do we want to keep Ledley and possibly lose him next year and NOT get the cash to put right what MAY go wrong between now and next May.

How much would a player like Joe cost us to replace him, thats the question as well ?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Oooo now this raises another issue. Yes I would like to keep Joe but do I want him at the expense of him going free next year?

How much would a player like Joe cost us to replace him, thats the question as well ?

We could get a decent midfielder for a million I reckon. brian Stock perhaps ? But I think people underestimate how valuable Joe is for us in terms of his contribution, like I've said before, because he doesnt do too much which is flash people dont notice him.

I can't think of anyone similar at this level. Maybe Pratley would be a good replacement, but I thought he was 2nd best in April down here. He'd cost £2m as ell and would be unlikely to come here.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Wayne - Why would Joe go free next year? I know he would be 24 but he wouldn't be on a free?
Bosco

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:

Wayne - Why would Joe go free next year? I know he would be 24 but he wouldn't be on a free?
Bosco

If he had a one year extension, would be able to leave on a free with no compensation.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:50 pm

I can't see the club only offering a 1 yr extension whilst there remains a chance of hefty compensation.