Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan's Response to DJ

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I am confused: last week Carl reported how well DJ had done in securing VT's support and enthusiasm. This week Annis states that DJ is furious at lack of financial support?
BoscoBlue

Re: Vincent Tan's Response to DJ

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:50 pm

He went down well with VT, but VT has said that he can't give him the kind of money needed for the likes of Bellamy.

What's not to get?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:I am confused: last week Carl reported how well DJ had done in securing VT's support and enthusiasm. This week Annis states that DJ is furious at lack of financial support?
BoscoBlue

The Malaysians are backing DJ regarding keeping our current squad together and also making money available for wages for new players, but due to the size of our debt they are concentrating on that first, but I think DJ thought like may others he was going to have more than he thought available due to Vincent Tan coming on board.

But DJ and The Riddler have wasted millions in the last few years on over paying the wrong players in my opinion.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Dafydd wrote:What's not to get?

The mixed messages?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Too much money was wasted ....... keeping our squad together is investment that we are not used to seeing ..... it's the first brick in a building , and I think if we keep our house in order then we can lay more bricks and build sufficiently. I never really believed or wanted a free-ride. Let's get this club on a good footing (whilst others struggle to do the same) , then we shall push on !!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bosco Blue wrote:I am confused: last week Carl reported how well DJ had done in securing VT's support and enthusiasm. This week Annis states that DJ is furious at lack of financial support?
BoscoBlue

The Malaysians are backing DJ regarding keeping our current squad together and also making money available for wages for new players, but due to the size of our debt they are concentrating on that first, but I think DJ thought like may others he was going to have more than he thought available due to Vincent Tan coming on board.

But DJ and The Riddler have wasted millions in the last few years on over paying the wrong players in my opinion.

and on paying themselves far too much as well and Riddlers sidekicks ;) Simples Mr Jones take a 50% paycut that will go a fairway to paying for a new player - doubt he will do that though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:20 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BoscoBlue

and on paying themselves far too much as well and Riddlers sidekicks ;) Simples Mr Jones take a 50% paycut that will go a fairway to paying for a new player - doubt he will do that though :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a steelworker ....... I could take a 50% pay cut and let someone else work alongside me ..... Am I gonna ?? , Of course not. My brother is a computer teccie guy on loadsa money , but he aint gonna half his pay for someone else.
Is Jones gonna work for less ?? I doubt it.
I actually agree with you when I read of his mad wages , but is his lifestyle based upon his earnings ?? I dunno , but if his mortgage is 10000 a month etc , then we got no chance of him taking a paycut.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Dafydd wrote:He went down well with VT, but VT has said that he can't give him the kind of money needed for the likes of Bellamy.

What's not to get?

Carl specifically said VT would support the pursuit of Bellamy Dafydd. I don't consider our manager being furious as 'fantastic' and yet that was how the news was reported last week?
Bosco

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:
Dafydd wrote:He went down well with VT, but VT has said that he can't give him the kind of money needed for the likes of Bellamy.

What's not to get?

Carl specifically said VT would support the pursuit of Bellamy Dafydd. I don't consider our manager being furious as 'fantastic' and yet that was how the news was reported last week?
Bosco

Sorry mate , but just coz "Carl specifically said" something doesn't mean it's true. It sounds as though you are dissing Carl there and he doesn't desrve any dissing at all !!!!!!!! Carl gets info and is not selfish with it , he doesn't try to feed us little bits at a time ...... he is the most open and honest person I know.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:34 pm

and on paying themselves far too much as well and Riddlers sidekicks Simples Mr Jones take a 50% paycut that will go a fairway to paying for a new player - doubt he will do that though

fair enough he is overpaid and I agreed with that but if I was him I wouldnt take a pay cut either. HE has improved our league position every season so we are constantly making progression and you expect him to just drop half his wages? No sane person is going to do that. He isnt a fan and has said as much enough times. Its PR fault he is on sucha big contract and I for one dont blame DJ in the slightest for that.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I dont read it that hes dissing Carl, just querying a former thread

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

bluecyw wrote:I dont read it that hes dissing Carl, just querying a former thread

Well, people really need to think.

VT can easily say we'll do what we can to get Bellamy. Doesn't mean they'll do absolutely everything, just what they think is reasonable.

So there's no issue with numerous reports. DJ could have interpreted it as "Malaysians will act as ATM".

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Quite happy to see we've got a football club to support next year :lol:

Win or lose, on the booze and always supporting the City :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Ross Young wrote:Quite happy to see we've got a football club to support next year :lol:

Win or lose, on the booze and always supporting the City :ayatollah:

Totally agree Ross :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 pm

bluecyw wrote:I dont read it that hes dissing Carl, just querying a former thread

I wasn't dissing anybody! I am trying to find out how our manager sees the situation. Is it true that he is furious?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:

I wasn't dissing anybody! I am trying to find out how our manager sees the situation. Is it true that he is furious?

Well not a happy a bunny and thought he would virtually have an open cheque book.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks Annis. Is it the case that DJ has to sell to bring anyone in with a transfer fee?
Bosco

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Bosco Blue wrote:Thanks Annis. Is it the case that DJ has to sell to bring anyone in with a transfer fee?
Bosco

Yes it is, but we dont need to sell ,which is great news.
We can get loan/free transfers etc and very small fees for now and players on quite high wages if their quality, but I reckon that could change soon for the better, once they get a grip of the debts left by the Riddler.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Cheers Annis

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BoscoBlue

Like Feeney? I know Fowler and Hasslebaink as well

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm sorry but Hasselbaink was a good signing. Certainly better than the likes of Blobby Fowler (though the publicity that bought the club has been matched before or since), Feeney, Redan, Glombard, Ferretti or Mark Howard, all of whom rank similarly in terms of uselessness.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 am

BluebirdWalker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BoscoBlue

Like Feeney? I know Fowler and Hasslebaink as well

Like Eddie Johnson and 20 other players lol.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:36 am

Surely DJ has made some of that back though through signing and selling players like Chops, Roger, Loovens

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:05 am

2blue2handle wrote:Surely DJ has made some of that back though through signing and selling players like Chops, Roger, Loovens

Agreed I was just replying to the walker who ever he is, he went of of his way to name certain players.
In the Transfer market I think DJ has done quite a good job.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:33 am

Its going to take some time to repair the problems caused by PR, we just need to be patient.

I'm just pleased that we've got the Malaysians on board and that they are prepared to address the issues. We'd be screwed without them, and they appear to be honerable and sensible people.

We have to learn form the past - if we spend big the money will have to be paid back one day -one way or another. So if Tan wants to take it careful and slowly build the club up then thats fine with me.

Personally the biggest issue I see is sorting out the 5-6 KEY PLAYERS whose contracts run out in June 2011 and getting them on long-term deals.
It would be gutting to lose, McPhail, McNaughton, Burke, Whittingham, Blake and Bothroyd (and there might be one other) for nothing next summer.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:32 am

Is signing a high profile/high earning player such a gamble? The outlay will obviously be big, but that can be balanced up by increased walk ups/more ST sales, shirt sales sponsorship etc.
If we were to push the boat out and really go for Bellamy for instance I believe we would virtually fill the stadium for every game unless it all went tits up and we started losing on a regular basis.
When Routledge played for us whenever he had the ball the crowd all watched in anticipation, it's players like that that bring in the fans, they're entertaining.
You've got to speculate to accumulate.
Not expecting us to push any boats out though.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:36 am

Like Eddie Johnson and 20 other people lol

Yes quite right but I wasnt mentioning Feeney as a snipe