Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Parking ticket help

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

Right

these big car parks NNC etc, well i never pay see, i always follow the person in front right behind the bumper and always get out, there's always room for two :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

anyway ive had a letter from a debt colloctors saying .....

" we have been instructed by the above client who has informed us that a parking charge notice was ATTACHED to the above mentioned vehicle and the driver should have paid, however we are advised that they have not recieved payment or any valid dispute"

few points -

*This is the first ive heard about it

* how can they attach a parking notice to my car when i was seen on cctv tailgating out of the car park and was identified on cctv? lol

now im willing to pay the £20 for that offence but they want £60 becuase ive failed to get in contact with them and pay the orginal fee when this is the first ive heard about it

any advice?

Re: Parking ticket help

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Ignore it.

Chnaces are it is not enforceable and I doubt very much the DCA will go to court to get it enforced.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:27 pm

tell them to go and whistle, they got to prove it, tell them you paid becouse you could not get out otherwise and you lost your ticket

simples

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Ask Tony Blue Williams , not only does he research things and stand up in court , he is also very sharp. He's a top (self learnt) defender of the people. He may be busy though , so take as much advice as possible !!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:21 pm

thanks gareth, most appreciated, just PM'd him :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:25 pm

No probs mate ...... he is a top man !!!!!!! He may be a bit busy at mo , but he is sharp as a tack and is like a dog with a bone when he has to research anything ........

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Wouldn't it of been better just to pay the few quid for the car park,saves all the hastle !!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:36 pm

yer fair enough but when you been getting it for free for years :D

Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:38 pm

You don't need help when you don't get caught ...............

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Ben wrote:yer fair enough but when you been getting it for free for years :D

Ben, ignore it.

I had a ticket at our home game against WBA.

They wanted £40 notes at first, then it was £70 (because I ignored it) then three threatening letters arrived over 3 months but I ignored them. It will cost them too much to take you to court mate. ;)

Read this at the link too. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... legal.html

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
Ben wrote:yer fair enough but when you been getting it for free for years :D

Ben, ignore it.

I had a ticket at our home game against WBA.

They wanted £40 notes at first, then it was £70 (because I ignored it) then three threatening letters arrived over 3 months but I ignored them. It will cost them too much to take you to court mate. ;)

Read this at the link too. ;)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... legal.html

mr too and i parked by costa

exactly the same as above but had three letters last one asking for just over hundred, dont even get in touch with them if they want to find you they have to pay DVLA its not the police, then they can only bombard you with letters hoping you cave in and pay coz you bricked it, if you dont get in touch they will leave you alone, and in worse case senario you end up in court, they still have to prove you were the driver

ignore and do not contact them that is my answer its what i did and have heared nothing now in 3 mth

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm

First off, here's 2 good sites for advice:-

http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/private.htm
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... ng-tickets

The general concensus, is that you shouldn't contact the private parking company after being issued with a ticket, nor should you admit being the driver of any vehicle, said to be committing any offence. A lot of companies don't bother chasing up motorists for private parking fines, as they firstly have to pay DVLA to provide them with the names and addresses of the vehicle's keeper, which costs them to do so. If they contact you, that's a different issue, but it's down to them to prove that you were the driver at the time and not just the keeper of the vehicle. If they don't contact you, then it's job done. Unfortunately it appears that they have contacted you and have already stumped up some cash to DVLA, to obtain your details.

If the CCTV clearly shows your face, then it's not worth lying, but as I said, if it doesn't, then it's up to them to prove that it was you driving, as it's only the driver who commits an offence and not the keeper / owner of the vehicle.

If they are able to prove that it was you driving, then you'll have to weigh up whether it's worth fighting it, but I doubt they'll be happy to settle for the original £20, if they've already put the mater in the hands of a debt collection agency.

Back in January, I parked on the grass near Topps Tiles in Hadfield Road and ended up with a ticket, telling me to pay £50 within 2 weeks, or it would go up to £70 afterwards. I sent them an appeal letter copied below, which they chose to ignore and insisted I owed them the money for parking on a service road. I've copied the second letter I sent them below as well, where I told them that I parked on grass and not a road etc. I haven't heard from them since. I have to stress though, my circumstances are not quite the same as yours, I had a very good case and I'm not so sure about yours. You'll have to work out whether it's worth just paying it or not. Best of luck either way.

Thursday 25th January 2010

REFERENCE - PARKING CHARGE NOTICE NUMBER Z !!!!!!!!!.

Dear Sir or Madam,

On the evening of Tuesday 19th January 2010, I parked my car on the grass verge outside Topps Tiles, Hadfield Road, Leckwith, Cardiff and went to watch a football match. Prior to parking my car, I looked around for any signs denoting that parking was illegal in the area and aside from the obvious double yellow lines at the entrance, to what appears to be a road leading up to the goods delivery entrance, for the new Leckwith Shopping Complex, there was nothing obvious to indicate that parking was illegal in the area. I returned to my car at approximately 10pm, to find the above mentioned Parking Charge Notice on my windscreen. I looked around and still couldn’t see anything denoting that parking was illegal in the area.

I returned to the same area on Saturday 23rd January 2010, parked my car elsewhere and investigated further. It would appear that the grass verge area where I parked, is just off what I would call a goods delivery service road entrance, with the double yellow lines that I mentioned earlier. I am not a thoughtless person and on the previous Tuesday evening, I had purposely avoided parking on these lines, to avoid any obstruction to any lorry etc., which may have needed access to the rear of the new Shopping Complex. I therefore parked on the grass verge, which appears to have been classed as a “Service Yard,” by the person who completed the Parking Charge Notice. I walked approximately 30 metres towards the entrance to the goods delivery yard, before I saw a sign denoting “Service Yard Area, Authorised Parking Only.” There was another sign denoting the same message virtually immediately before you enter the goods entrance area. I would like to point out, that neither of these signs makes it clear that you are not allowed to park on the grass. Most people like me would assume that these signs are to enforce the no parking, of the double yellow signs on the approach road. Whilst these signs do not make it clear that you are not to park on the grass, had one been positioned at the entrance to the approach to the “Service Yard,” directly off Hadfield Road and not about 30 metres into the approach, I would have seen it and not parked in that area.

The signage in the area both on and off the approach road, would not be enforceable on a public highway and I would therefore ask you to consider rescinding this parking charge on that basis and also on the basis, that the signage in or on the approach road to the goods delivery area, does not make it clear that parking is illegal on the grass verge where I parked and that there are no signs for approximately 30 metres, until you travel further into the service yard approach road.

Here's a copy of the letter I sent to Euro Parks in April, after I had received a letter telling me that my appeal had failed:-

Thursday 1st April 2010

REFERENCE - PARKING CHARGE NOTICE NUMBER !!!!!!!!.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have received your letter, informing me that my appeal for parking on a piece of “GRASSLAND” off the service road at the Capital Shopping Centre, Leckwith, Cardiff, has been rejected. I am somewhat baffled by this decision, which I believe has been done without so much as giving my letter any consideration whatsoever! None of my observations have been answered and to receive a bland, “I can confirm the area in which your vehicle was parked is allocated to service vehicles” response, when No vehicles use the grassed verge area where I parked and the signage is inadequate, ambiguous and misleading, is not good enough! I can confirm that I parked on grass and not a road! To reiterate what I have already mentioned in my first appeal letter, there are no signs indicating that parking is not allowed on the grass verge and therefore I have no intention of paying any charge, especially as the signs etc., do not comply with the British Parking Association Operator Scheme Code Of Practice!

I have also received another letter from you, indicating that the charge is now £70 and if it is not paid with 28 days of the letter’s date, you will pass my name onto a debt collection agency! Do not bother doing this, as I have no intention of paying them either. If you feel you have a legal right to demand the money from me, then sue me through the civil court and let me know the date of the hearing. Please do not send me any more mail demanding any payments, as I will take this as harassment and seek advice through my solicitor.