Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TUT TUT "STEVE TUCKER and THE SOUTH WALES ECHO"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I spoke to Steve Borley today, I first made a joke and said where is My Exclusive, I wont say what his reply was :lol: :lol: .

Steve Tucker rang Steve Borley the other day and asked for a statement Borley Refused him one point blank, but before that Tucker had asked him his opinion on a couple of things and Steve had replied in no more than 2 sentences out of politeness and Bang Tucker and The Echo have made a 2 page Exclusive lol. Borley said they have totally twisted his 2 sentences.
The rest of the stories are from This Forum.
TUT TUT on both accounts. :evil:

But now The Echo have once again Soured their relationship with Our Club, will they ever learn.

I know you wont reply under your own name Tucker and I know you have an allies name, but it would be honourable to reply under your name. :ayatollah:

Re: TUT TUT "STEVE TUCKER and THE SOUTH WALES ECHO"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Wouldn't it be better for Borley to give an interview to Tucker?

Why are the club still not conversing with MediaWales?

All sounds a bit childish.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Wouldn't it be better for Borley to give an interview to Tucker?

I cant comment and he/they have their reasons.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:35 pm

can't we just p b thier pathetic head quaters and stop them print that shit, all bunch of c who need to be :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Ben wrote:can't we just thier pathetic head quaters and stop them print that shit, all bunch of who need to be :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a b*stard!!! think we have enough bad publicity over the past couple of years as it is......why dont the echo f*** off and leave our cardiff city alone

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:53 pm

Good old honest Steve!

What a crock.

The same bloke who said nothing whilst the crap hit the fan.

If the club and the Echo had a civilised relationship then may be we'd get a little bit of truth, inbetween all the bullshit.

We get Terry Phillips PR (Interesting to see how he'll cope now his lord and master's left) and Tucker's sensationalism.

Could be an interesting season!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:57 pm

i JUST sent him a friends request on fb.....might post this too him if he accepts what you think? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 pm

hughesygirl wrote:i JUST sent him a friends request on fb.....might post this too him if he accepts what you think? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes your very welcome too, Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Wouldn't it be better for Borley to give an interview to Tucker?

Hi Tucker! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
hughesygirl wrote:i JUST sent him a friends request on fb.....might post this too him if he accepts what you think? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes your very welcome too, Jayne :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Will do Annis as soon as he accepts!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 pm

I hope this is all sorted as both Steve Tucker and Steve Borley are both Passionate Cardiff City Fans and THE ECHO NEEDS CITY and THE CITY NEEDS THE ECHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 pm

yes totally agree with you Annis....lets hope they can both put this right...whoever wants to tell the truth i suppose will :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I hope these is all sorted as both Steve Tucker and Steve Borley are both Passionate Cardiff City Fans and THE ECHO NEEDS CITY and THE CITY NEEDS THE ECHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on. About time common sense preveiled. Echo and City must work together. A new season and a new start.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

maybe tucker should have started the conversation claude with a request for an interview as thats the polite thing to do the way i was brought up.
he did not request an interview and took a few comments from a mobile telephone conversation and tried to turn it into a major exclusive.
not at any time did he tell steve his conversation was going to be embelished and plastered over the echo pages.
the guy is plainly out of order and only has himself to blame if the club blackball him

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm

why do we need the echo? they print shite and half truths, i dont see why the city need them at all.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:11 pm

rob wrote:why do we need the echo? they print shite and half truths, i dont see why the city need them at all.

:lol:

Your right Rob, WE just need Carl and This Forum :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
rob wrote:why do we need the echo? they print shite and half truths, i dont see why the city need them at all.

:lol:

Your right Rob, WE just need Carl and This Forum :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thats where i get all my news. and its normaly right :D

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:36 pm

never liked Tucker or his articles.
The echo in fairness have some of the worst writers/ "Reporters" ive seen, they are a joke

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:57 pm

steve davies wrote:

maybe tucker should have started the conversation claude with a request for an interview as thats the polite thing to do the way i was brought up.
he did not request an interview and took a few comments from a mobile telephone conversation and tried to turn it into a major exclusive.
not at any time did he tell steve his conversation was going to be embelished and plastered over the echo pages.
the guy is plainly out of order and only has himself to blame if the club blackball him

I think Tucker has dealt with this very badly if these are the facts (and I am not doubting the version of events SB has given you).

However , the fact remains that the club will need the local press support in the future to manage positive messages it wishes to publicise.And some of those might not contain "the truth and nothing but the truth" as it were - the old adage of don`t believe all you read in the press.

An example of this has been the official club line to date of thanking and praising Peter Ridsdale for his work as Chairman when most at the club probably feel he should be exposed , hung drawn and quartered. But if that is the price to pay for getting him out of the club at a far cheaper financial cost then they are willing to go along with it (at least for now) under what I assume are binding legal agreements.

So sometimes both sides have to play the press "game" and I can`t see that a falling out benefits anyone.

Keith

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Maybe, Keith, but you then have the flip side.

"Bothroyd fitness battle" the headline reads.

Except Tucker's article actually uses, errm, Bothroyd's tweets over the last several weeks, where he reveals the dramatic news that he's a little bit behind the others in terms of fitness.

The quid pro quo sure as hell isn't such shoddy journalism. Equally, whilst I see your point, they had no qualms about printing every little bit of bullshit Ridsdale fed Terry Phillips - which hardly reflected the clubs view.

EDIT: In a nutshell, my point is that it's been one sided - the Echo have cynically got what they could to benefit themselves, the club getting zero in return. The club, quite frankly, don't need the Echo as much as people would believe. Tien Ghee et al seem far less publicity happy, after all.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 pm

I hope this is all sorted as both Steve Tucker and Steve Borley are both Passionate Cardiff City Fans and THE ECHO NEEDS CITY and THE CITY NEEDS THE ECHO :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:37 am

Can't see this posted elsewhere, so apologies if it has been, but here's Steve Tucker stuttering through his exclusive chat with Steve Borley!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26719062/

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Ok i admit it im steve Tucker :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: