Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"DAVE JONES CAME BACK FROM MALAYSIA"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:45 am

Not a happy bunny, as he has been told he has to be patient regarding funds being made available.
But surely he knew that there was over £30 million worth of Debts to be paid left behind from his partner in crime Peter Ridsdale(Just a bit of Sarcasm :lol: ).
The Malaysians have already cleared £6 Million of Debt, are standing strong on Our Star players, unless we receive a mad bid.
They still now have a £30 million debt to clear, which is why This Forum Campaigned so much against The Riddler and Co as we knew behind scenes that these Debts were there and the longer he stayed the more they would rise.

There is a £3 Million debt which has to be cleared immediately and wages to be found from September onwards, The loan bid for Bellamy was sanctioned as there was no upfront fees, but Dave Jones does not have the war chest that he expected that he would of had.

Dave Jones, in my opinion should perform miracles when your wage including National insurance is over an incredible £900,000 a year, which includes some shares.
But rem he has got one of the BEST First eleven in this division in my opinion.

My personally view is there is no football leader at our club and I STRONGLY BELIEVE WE NEED ONE NOW.

Re: "DAVE JONES CAME BACK FROM MALAYSIA"

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:00 am

Annis we need a Captain to steer the ship, TG cannot do it from Malaysia, we need a football man in there. DJ has got the best 11 as far as I am concerned and he needs to deal in players in and out of the club to back up the squad.

I have thought long and hard as to which way the Malaysians will go, either slow and steady or all in, I do not know and I cant work it out so we will have to be patient like DJ has too.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:02 am

great comment... needs a Barry Horne-style character in the guts of the team.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:03 am

welshdave wrote:great comment... needs a Barry Horne-style character in the guts of the team.

On and off the pitch :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 am

carlccfc wrote:Annis we need a Captain to steer the ship, TG cannot do it from Malaysia, we need a football man in there. DJ has got the best 11 as far as I am concerned and he needs to deal in players in and out of the club to back up the squad.

I have thought long and hard as to which way the Malaysians will go, either slow and steady or all in, I do not know and I cant work it out so we will have to be patient like DJ has too.

Carl, We def need that leader to run the Club Financially and like you say there is No captain off the Ship as far as I can see.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 am

come back riddler, all is forgiven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 am

Ben wrote:come back riddler, all is forgiven :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now now Ben I would rather Gethin Jenkins than him :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 am

id rather gavin henson and lee trundle :lol:

hanging from a bridge of course

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 am

These guys are very succesfull business men. They woudl hardly put 6 million in, if they hadn't a proper business plan.

They know exactly what they are doing and when.........they are hardly going to leak out of the boardroom the plans for obvious reasons.

Sit back, enjoy as only a few weeks ago it was debateable whether we would have a football club.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:Not a happy bunny, as he has been told he has to be patient regarding funds being made available.
But surely he knew that there was over £30 million worth of Debts to be paid left behind from his partner in crime Peter Ridsdale(Just a bit of Sarcasm :lol: ).
The Malaysians have already cleared £6 Million of Debt, are standing strong on Our Star players, unless we receive a mad bid.
They still now have a £30 million debt to clear, which is why This Forum Campaigned so much against The Riddler and Co as we knew behind scenes that these Debts were there and the longer he stayed the more they would rise.

There is a £3 Million debt which has to be cleared immediately and wages to be found from September onwards, The loan bid for Bellamy was sanctioned as there was no upfront fees, but Dave Jones does not have the war chest that he expected that he would of had.

Dave Jones, in my opinion should perform miracles when your wage including National insurance is over an incredible £900,000 a year, which includes some shares.

My personally view is there is no football leader at our club and I STRONGLY BELIEVE WE NEED ONE NOW.

where do you get a leader who can walk into the fourth best team in the championship with no money?

yes Dave Jones his highly paid but based on last season you could say he earned it, based on the 46 league games we were the 4 th best team taking into account that NUFC & WBA had a big advantage over the rest of the league and were always favorites to get the top two spots we finished 2nd in the chase behind them

Given the size of squad, transfer embargo, wages not being paid, club almost going out of business etc I would say Jones was one of only 4 mangers whos teams Over Achieved last season with the other 3 being Holloway, Pearson and Adkins.

Roy Keane, Nigel Clough & Kevin Blackwell all manage argueably bigger clubs with more resource yet all under achieved.

Clubs that under achieved (but changed managers ) include Sheff Wed, QPR, Middlesborough

Dave Jones may have been paid 700k last year but for that he took his team to a fourth place finish, a play off final and had a better season than clubs who Av over 30K each week, have large financial backing or were in the premier league last season i.e.
Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Derby & Middlesborough

taking away the 3 relegated clubs only Nottingham Forest finished above us in the league

All these point to the fact we have a well paid but very good manager and show that for every "highest Paid manager" or "no plan B" post that appear here every week there are just as many reasons why Dave Jones is one of the best managers inthe championship and we should be fortunate tohave him in charge

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 am

This is a fact,dave jones asked for lennie lawrence to be brought into the club to be a go between dj and the board also contracts,players and agents,whoever in charge of that decision turned it down.i think that sort of role is something we need.who would be the right man for that job i dont know

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 am

gup-1 wrote:This is a fact,dave jones asked for lennie lawrence to be brought into the club to be a go between dj and the board also contracts,players and agents,whoever in charge of that decision turned it down.i think that sort of role is something we need.who would be the right man for that job i dont know

Gupi, you could be right as they desperately need to get football man in and DJ needs a go between.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:36 am

sack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Not a happy bunny, as he has been told he has to be patient regarding funds being made available.

where do you get a leader who can walk into the fourth best team in the championship with no money?

yes Dave Jones his highly paid but based on last season you could say he earned it, based on the 46 league games we were the 4 th best team taking into account that NUFC & WBA had a big advantage over the rest of the league and were always favorites to get the top two spots we finished 2nd in the chase behind them

Given the size of squad, transfer embargo, wages not being paid, club almost going out of business etc I would say Jones was one of only 4 mangers whos teams Over Achieved last season with the other 3 being Holloway, Pearson and Adkins.

Roy Keane, Nigel Clough & Kevin Blackwell all manage argueably bigger clubs with more resource yet all under achieved.

Clubs that under achieved (but changed managers ) include Sheff Wed, QPR, Middlesborough

Dave Jones may have been paid 700k last year but for that he took his team to a fourth place finish, a play off final and had a better season than clubs who Av over 30K each week, have large financial backing or were in the premier league last season i.e.

taking away the 3 relegated clubs only Nottingham Forest finished above us in the league

All these point to the fact we have a well paid but very good manager and show that for every "highest Paid manager" or "no plan B" post that appear here every week there are just as many reasons why Dave Jones is one of the best managers inthe championship and we should be fortunate tohave him in charge

But Sack this is Dave Jones job to find bargains/leaders on the pitch etc etc.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 am

mpdblue wrote:These guys are very succesfull business men. They woudl hardly put 6 million in, if they hadn't a proper business plan.

They know exactly what they are doing and when.........they are hardly going to leak out of the boardroom the plans for obvious reasons.

Sit back, enjoy as only a few weeks ago it was debateable whether we would have a football club.

I have no doubt they are prob some of the Best business men around and thats proven by their Success ,and I was not saying that, but they dont know anything about football and they need someone at the Club to advice them in My Opinion.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:
sack wrote:

But Sack this is Dave Jones job to find bargains/leaders on the pitch etc etc.

To be fair, no manager, even Sir Alex gets it right every time and for every gem he found for Man U, he brought in a couple of donkeys as well!

DJ probably thought like most people did, that when he brought in Hudson, he had found a leader on the pitch as well as a leader off it. As it's clearly been shown over the last season, Hudson can talk the talk off the pitch, but he's a donkey on it!

I was personally glad when we moved Darren Purse on, as although he had the heart of a lion and was a great leader on and off the pitch, he had a habit of giving away own goals, silly penalties and repeatedly trying to play offside, which cost us several goals. I would prefer Pursey back to Hudson though any day!

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 am

Oh I give up on this debt crap. When did it go back up to £30million? I thought it had mostly been re-negotiated down to a much better level.

I dunno, think I'll wait until August 7th and ignore everything that goes before.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 am

But Sack this is Dave Jones job to find bargains/leaders on the pitch etc etc.[/quote]

To be fair, no manager, even Sir Alex gets it right every time and for every gem he found for Man U, he brought in a couple of donkeys as well!

DJ probably thought like most people did, that when he brought in Hudson, he had found a leader on the pitch as well as a leader off it. As it's clearly been shown over the last season, Hudson can talk the talk off the pitch, but he's a donkey on it!

I was personally glad when we moved Darren Purse on, as although he had the heart of a lion and was a great leader on and off the pitch, he had a habit of giving away own goals, silly penalties and repeatedly trying to play offside, which cost us several goals. I would prefer Pursey back to Hudson though any day![/quote]

I think DJ has a fantastic record in the transfer market for us, Johnson, Loovens, Chopra and in time Heaton will prob be added to the list, yes he also got hudson, reddan byrne etc but i like the comparison Fergie bought Jemba Jemba, the dodgy italian keeper and a couple more over the years lol

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:20 am

sack wrote:But Sack this is Dave Jones job to find bargains/leaders on the pitch etc etc.

I was personally glad when we moved Darren Purse on, as although he had the heart of a lion and was a great leader on and off the pitch, he had a habit of giving away own goals, silly penalties and repeatedly trying to play offside, which cost us several goals. I would prefer Pursey back to Hudson though any day![/quote]

I think DJ has a fantastic record in the transfer market for us, Johnson, Loovens, Chopra and in time Heaton will prob be added to the list, yes he also got hudson, reddan byrne etc but i like the comparison Fergie bought Jemba Jemba, the dodgy italian keeper and a couple more over the years lol[/quote]

I wouldn't go as far as to say DJ's record has been fantastic, but I certainly think that his better signings, have far outweighed his poor ones! :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:34 am

I am slightly biased lol
but i think
Chopra (first time)
Loovens
Johnson
Burke
Whittingham
McCormack
Boythroyd
Mcnaugton

and the most expensive one of them being 500k fantastic in my eyes :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:51 am

sack wrote:I am slightly biased lol
but i think
Chopra (first time)
Loovens
Johnson
Burke
Whittingham
McCormack
Boythroyd
Mcnaugton

and the most expensive one of them being 500k fantastic in my eyes :lol: :lol:

You've convinced me now then! :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:38 am

30 million debt left from his partner in crime,Risdale???
How much of that is hamman's debt?

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Lets be honest.The club is being run on a shoestring.
There will not be any new signings.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:26 pm

BillyGoat Gruff wrote:30 million debt left from his partner in crime,Risdale???
How much of that is hamman's debt?

Billy,

THE RIDDLER LEFT OUR CLUB £42 Approx MILLION IN DEBT, £6 million has been paid off by the Malaysians, another £3 million needs to be paid off NOW.

Sam is Owed £10 million and until February 2010 had never received 1 penny of it, SO ANY COMMENTS ON THAT.
Sam has written off £14 million plus £3.5 million he firsts put in to our club plus £6 million.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm

And how much did we raise from selling hamman's players, in my accounting he's well in credit.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:And how much did we raise from selling hamman's players, in my accounting he's well in credit.

£36 MILLION WORTH OF SALES FROM SAMS PLAYERS.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:33 pm

comparing sam and ridsdale is like comparing the peopel you see on that apprentice show

wouldnt trust either of them !!

and I am amazed some of you still do !

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm

how much of the debt under Sam came about from helicoptors, big bonus's huge wages and expense accounts?, how much of that debt came about from putting a roof on the .Grangend doing up the Canton stand and suite, laying a new pitch building an accademy, doing feasability studies and having plans put togethr for the ne stadium, getting us two promotions in 4 years,and getting us to the top of the championship with six points clear at xmas before he was shafted out.etc.etc.

He's the only man I know who's put his own personal money into the club in recent years lost it alll and not made a profit, show me someone else there who ain't gained.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:And how much did we raise from selling hamman's players, in my accounting he's well in credit.

£36 MILLION WORTH OF SALES FROM SAMS PLAYERS.

how much profit though.
take out the wages,signing on fees,what we payed for the players in the first place.
we took some heavy hits on players like Thorne,Kav,David Hughes,Campbell , and Gavin Gordon.
Some of you are suffering from selective amnesia .
How much Compo was paid out to the sacked managers such as Bobby Gould ,Alan Cork and lennie
£36 MILLION profit my arse.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:44 pm

they were not his players

they were the clubs players

he was the custodian of the club and if he is going to take the credit for the promotions , then he must also be brought to book for the debts incurred in getting us there , whilst he was here

scunthorpe, plymouth , the jacks , barnsley and others all got promoted fromn the lower flights without spending the money we did

I did not know sam like you guys did , I only met him once or twice with the rams and he was a genuine football supporter , of that there is no doubt

but in the cold light of day ridsdale has been rightly brought to book over some of his actions and spending and if thats to be done , then the same must hapen to sam

we nearly got relegated under sam , it was lennie lawrence and the bare bones who kept us up that season , not long after black friday ..with safety being secured at gillingham

if we had gone down that season I think sams legacy would have been far more worrying than the picture painted

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

I think eveyone accepts day to day running costs, some players will increase in value some decrease, some get injured and don't play or make it, same everywhere and all part of the game, but at the end of the day, if you leave a business with 24 million pounds debt yet there are 36 million pounds worth of players your aquired players there, it seems good business to me, that,s without looking at how much was spent on the improvements and the planning for the news stadium etc as stated earlier.

And as for pay off's to sacked managers, I can gaurantee you, all added up together it is still less thgan we had to pay Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.