Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FAO: carlccfc, Re: Steve Howard

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
nerd wrote:Now, TLG, you take the Echo words as gospel - yet someone here who knows Borley says he wasn't interviewed by them.

That's Steve Davies. Salt of the earth is Steve. Top man. But he gets things wrong. We all do.

Today's Echo contains direct quotes from Steve Borley:

"Steve Howard is not a target for us this summer."

That's good enough for me. Isn't it good enough for you?

It is, TLG, if Borley said that.

Howard, based upon that statement, isn't a target. Doesn't mean he wasn't earlier in the summer. Consider the tense of the statement you are citing.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 pm

nerd wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
nerd wrote:Now, TLG, you take the Echo words as gospel - yet someone here who knows Borley says he wasn't interviewed by them.

That's Steve Davies. Salt of the earth is Steve. Top man. But he gets things wrong. We all do.

It is, TLG, if Borley said that.

Howard, based upon that statement, isn't a target. Doesn't mean he wasn't earlier in the summer. Consider the tense of the statement you are citing.

Correct Nerd, but so what if he HAD got it wrong TLG, so what ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:07 pm

nerd wrote:It is, TLG, if Borley said that.

:lol:

Very good!

The Lone Gunman wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:I think anyone who takes what is written in the Echo as gospel truth is something of a fool.

I think anyone who takes what is written on internet message boards as gospel truth is definitely a fool.

Surely that would depend on the SOURCE of the information? ;)

also i think Howard was using interest from other clubs to get himself a better deal at Leicester. (Especially coming into the closing stages of his career)

The Lone Gunman wrote:

dave

i do get things wrong i admit that but steve did not give the echo that interview and he's very angry about it.
steves only comment about players to me is them and their agents sometimes just link themselves to clubs like ours to just try and get a better deal for themselves with either another or their existing club.
if there was ever any truth in the steve howard episode i reckon it was for the above reason

regards

steve

fecking hell its all kicked off here again !

with regard to howard it appears that the club are now saying he isnt part of next seaons plans

but personally speaking , I think hes exactly the sort of impact player we could do with !!

too late now though !

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:08 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Correct Nerd, apparently The Echo have told porkies and Borley is fuming, But TLG is determined to attack Carl

Hardly an attack, is it?!?

You know as well as I do that Carl posts all sorts of stuff on here which turns out to have no basis in fact. There have been numerous examples. Personally, I think it's irresponsible for people to post such rumours unless they are 100% confident they are correct. All they are doing is putting their fellow City fans away by building up false hopes.

Anyway, my beef is threads and posts being deleted for no reason. This one has now been restored so all is well in the world again.

:D

NO THEY ARE 100% STILL THERE AND HAVE NOT BEEN DELETED.

Forever Blue wrote:I THINK YOU WILL FIND Carl gets 49 out of 50 posts CORRECT, Please prove me wrong.

Oh, come on!

Bakedalasker wrote:
The Lone Gunman wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:I think anyone who takes what is written in the Echo as gospel truth is something of a fool.

I think anyone who takes what is written on internet message boards as gospel truth is definitely a fool.

Does that apply to your blog?

Of course!

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Marc wrote:May'be you should practice what you preach.

I do.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm

It's good to see TLG back, he livens things up. It's peoples responses that are occasionally irrational and dare i say it, a little emotional ;)

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Carl has shown himself to be as reliable source as you'd get with regards to info about CCFC. Only things wrong I can think of were the Ridsdale resignation and potentially this. That's a pretty good record, and if he does occasionally receive duff info, so what? He's hardly posting things out of malice.

Yet it causes a thread railing about threads being deleted ( ignoring it's a message board, so "freedom of speech" hardly applies anyway... ), applauds the fact the thread was "re-instated". Pardon my ignorance, but I naively assumed threads once deleted are gone forever. Which would therefore mean the thread in question always existed and was never deleted.

Which makes me wonder why this thread was created.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:12 pm

For the SECOND time here is Carls post, NOT DELETED WITH OR TAMPERED WITH
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16298 :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Dave, could you explain exactly what your issue is with Carl, for the sake of clarity, for those of us that don't know.

Many thanks

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 pm

nerd wrote:Carl has shown himself to be as reliable source as you'd get with regards to info about CCFC. Only things wrong I can think of were the Ridsdale resignation and potentially this. That's a pretty good record, and if he does occasionally receive duff info, so what? He's hardly posting things out of malice.

Yet it causes a thread railing about threads being deleted ( ignoring it's a message board, so "freedom of speech" hardly applies anyway... ), applauds the fact the thread was "re-instated". Pardon my ignorance, but I naively assumed threads once deleted are gone forever. Which would therefore mean the thread in question always existed and was never deleted.

Which makes me wonder why this thread was created.

CORRECT Nerd :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

MAYBE SOMEONE IS A LITTLE JEALOUS :D

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:14 pm

nerd wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I naively assumed threads once deleted are gone forever. Which would therefore mean the thread in question always existed and was never deleted.

You evidently don't know how this and other message boards work. I do.

Deleted threads don't disappear forever unless the moderators so desire.

This thread was deleted from the board earlier today, but reinstated after I started whinging about it.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Joy Joy Joy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:15 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
nerd wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but I naively assumed threads once deleted are gone forever. Which would therefore mean the thread in question always existed and was never deleted.

This thread was deleted from the board earlier today, but reinstated after I started whinging about it.

TLG You get Worse :roll:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 pm

AFTER ALL THIS TLG, Carl might not be wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Dave, could you explain exactly what your issue is with Carl, for the sake of clarity, for those of us that don't know.

There is no issue.

My issue is with posts and threads being deleted for no reason.

I also have an issue with moderators pretending they haven't deleted things when they have.

Anyway, enough of this shite. I'm off to watch the game on telly.

Have a good evening.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Have a great evening Dave

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:20 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:Dave, could you explain exactly what your issue is with Carl, for the sake of clarity, for those of us that don't know.

There is no issue.

My issue is with posts and threads being deleted for no reason.

I also have an issue with moderators pretending they haven't deleted things when they have.

Anyway, enough of this shite. I'm off to watch the game on telly.

Have a good evening.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You'll be back ready to snipe Carl's next exclusive i suppose ?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 pm

TLG you seem to want to make history and prove that all cannot be as perfect as yourself, Tell you what when the keenor statue is erected at the ground I will try and start a fund to errect one of you.

Does anyone on here have any ideas what sort of statue would do justice to a man that has never made a mistake.

We are so lucky and honoured to have him visit us.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:38 pm

TLG, do you suffer from OCD?

I really think you should see a doctor.

Are you unable appreciate what a good source of reliable info carl has been over the last 8 months?
Or is it exactly this that makes you so jealous?

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:

Thank you TLG for enlightening me that you know vastly more about the world of computers than I do. Leaving aside the issues of professional qualifications, there's one simple reason you are wrong.

The thread was not deleted; I was reading it 5 minutes before you posted your thread.

Now, applying the Judge Judy test, is it plausible the thread happened to be deleted less than 5 minutes before you posted. I think not, and I'll trust the evidence of my own eyes.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:45 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:I notice your thread claiming you were first with the news of City making a bid to sign Steve Howard has been deleted following Steve Borley's comments in today's Echo. As has my suggestion that the story was nonsense and nothing more than a press invention. That's a bit naughty, isn't it?

Do all of your so-called exclusives get deleted when they are proved to have no basis in fact?

After contributing to the thread with the story with the Echo story I'm also suprised it was deleted Dave.

Dan C

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:48 pm

At the end of the day i know which board i would rather read, and what posters with whom i take notice of and which ones i take with a pinch of salt. :D
I know you don't particularly like this board TLG so i do wonder why you even look on here. MMMB is your home which there's nothing wrong with that, I posted on that board for many years under a different user name but i got fed up with the sniping.
Carl is a very good poster on here and you attacking him basically falls on deaf ears on this board. If he posted "EXCLUSIVE" right now the vast majority would view the thread and not many would doubt him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:51 pm

carl
keep the info coming, ignore the jealous b*stard that cant get the info you give us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Port Talbot Is Blue.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:53 pm

TLG does not like this board, because it gets 99% of things right, not like TLG master The Riddler who got 99% of this wrong. :lol: